Artificial rainmaking a success, but rain volume still not enough to end drought, BRRAA admits

Lite Beer

Artificial rainmaking a success, but rain volume still not enough to end drought, BRRAA admits

BANGKOK, 11 July 2015 (NNT) – Director-General of the Bureau of Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation (BRRAA) Warawut Khantiyanan has admitted that the amount of rain in several parts of Thailand during the past week was not enough to completely overcome the nationwide drought despite successful artificial rainmaking.

He said, however, that farmers particularly in central Thailand, believed the rain volume would revive their crops for the next two weeks. Moreover, it was likely that more water would flow into dams and reservoirs after the rain.

Mr.Warawut said that there were natural obstacles such as wind and humidity which hampered the performance of rainmaking operation, but these obstacles were still under control by BRRAA officials. He stressed that tackling the drought needed natural helps, complemented by full-scaled helps from various authorities.

Though the rainmaking could not overcome the whole problems caused by the drought, he believed the water crisis would eventually be solved. He asked farmers to trust the BRRAA whose officials have ceaselessly conducted rainmaking operations until the end of rainy season.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-11 footer_n.gif

Why can't those responsible for Thai Government announcements set a better example?

Artificial rainmaking a success but not enough rain = failure... and there is nothing wrong with this as long as you gave it your best shot.

This is the message we should be sending to Thai kids. Not that trying and not winning or being number one is somehow bad.

success is normally measured in the result that was accomplished was the orriginal goal. in this case the goal (relieve drought conditions) was not attained and partial blame was pointed at wind and humidity both of which are associated with thunderstorms / rain.

this would seem to fit the description of failure in real world assestment. BUT have no fear or concern fellow citizens as we officials will contiinue to do our thai version of a rain dance ubtil the end of the rainy season. otherwise suck it up as your on your own until mother nayure ncooperates and conditions, beyond our control will determine when, how much and how often we will see and experience rainfall in amounts needed to get production from our farm s. back to normal .

in the mean time contact our organization if youu spot thunderhead buildup so we can ask for assistance from the experts

The moment we get NATURAL rain left over from heavy rainstorms in China and Vietnam why Thai call the ARTIFICIAL rainmaking a success?

I don't get it.

It was predicted days before that rain and those storms would arrive to Thailand.

Oh wait a moment......... this is Thailand right?........ OK, now I got it.

Artificial rain making is a crime !
Where is the water wapor coming from and where will it NOT rain instead ?

It's just moving rain from one region to the other so just moving the drought ...

Unless they would use the methodes of Dr. Reich from back in the 50s

who made rain in the US in a natural way.

[the method is also sucessfully used in a "greening the dessert" project in Algeria.]

Why can't those responsible for Thai Government announcements set a better example?

Artificial rainmaking a success but not enough rain = failure... and there is nothing wrong with this as long as you gave it your best shot.

This is the message we should be sending to Thai kids. Not that trying and not winning or being number one is somehow bad.

That is semantic......If you need 3 days of heavy rain. Normally there would be no rain at all but you could make a light rain for 2 days it is a success but not enough, but it still helped.

it's a hoax. But they believe....in superstition and fairy tales...

artificial rainmaking does work within its limits. It isn't a wonder, it can just milk existing clouds. If there is no water in the air artificial rainmaking can't make it rain. If there are heavy clouds that would rain over the sea you can make it rain before over the land.

It is one small tool of many..

Be careful of criticism regarding artificial rain making in Thailand, if unsure as to why not to be too critical, do some research on the background of artificial rain in Thailand.

Be careful of criticism regarding artificial rain making in Thailand, if unsure as to why not to be too critical, do some research on the background of artificial rain in Thailand.

It is a tool, not magic no problem on discussing it.

It does work, Soviet showed it many times and the King make it affordable....

2011 worst flood in 50 years, 2015 worst drought in 30 years, climate change is real and happening in Pathumthani Thailand. 50,000 people are without tap water to to the canal drying up from klong 5-14, stopping water entering the water distribution and treatment facility. Al Gore was right, we are living in a changing world where extreme nature is becoming the norm.

"there were natural obstacles such as wind and humidity which hampered the performance of rainmaking operation, but these obstacles were still under control by BRRAA officials."

Those BRRAA officials are most powerful people to control wind and humidity!

Japan and The Philippines that get pounded by typhoons could benefit from their control.

I understand you loud and clear, and am nervous about posting anything on this. I'll just point out the fact that the entire world's scientific community rejected "rain making's" efficacy years ago. No serious scientific community in the world currently advocates the practice.

A lifetime ago i had an ex-gf who didn't mind speaking out on most issues providing i was the only one within earshot.

On one occasion I asked her if she believed in the rainmaking process, she simply smiled and reminded me the official title included the word ' Royal '.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

No serious scientific community in the world currently advocates the practice.

And that worries me quite a bit. Year after year they increase rain making. And year after year rainy seasons become shorter and dryer than the last. So in the face of this it's creepy that they announce their efforts a success every single time. One must wonder if in fact rain making is exacerbating drought. It would be interesting to compare how much drought regional countries are experiencing relative to Thailand, and how much rain making takes place there.

I notice a lot of people that would be contenders for attitude adjustement were the language skills of government up to understanding what is written here.

there is a reason why the simple issues of anything to do with water from its treatment to flood prevention is very very very difficult to deal with in Thailand. any researchers our there should make sure their research does not touch on the subject in anyway. I think it is alluded to in posts above, but most issues to do with water will remain same same for a few years more.

I hear that a lot of the work done is very very good advanced work

'' can they make something out of nothing'' they do so every night and even during the daytime if oppurnity should rear its ugly snout, its done so quickly, andquietly and is not observed except by those who ended up with the nothing.

No serious scientific community in the world currently advocates the practice.

And that worries me quite a bit. Year after year they increase rain making. And year after year rainy seasons become shorter and dryer than the last. So in the face of this it's creepy that they announce their efforts a success every single time. One must wonder if in fact rain making is exacerbating drought. It would be interesting to compare how much drought regional countries are experiencing relative to Thailand, and how much rain making takes place there.

Maybe all the neighbouring countries are doing it too? Someone should charge royalties.....