Phuket man wanted for statutory rape arrested after smashing abusive step-dad's face with brick

Lite Beer

Phuket man wanted for statutory rape arrested after smashing abusive step-dad's face with brick
Eakkapop Thongtub

1436674033_1.jpg

PHUKET: A 25-year-old Phuket man wanted for statutory rape is in custody after defending his mother in a violent and bloody incident yesterday (July 11) in Thalang.

Police responded to a domestic violence call at 4.30pm and dispatched officers to a 2-storey townhouse in Sisunthon.

At the scene they met a group of residents surrounding 56-year-old Mr Wira Bunnaruck, whose face was bloodied up from open wounds on either side of both eyebrows.

Rescue workers treated the wounds before transporting the man to Thalang hospital.

In the house, police met the aggressor Mr Trirong Detpongha, who had been waiting to be arrested.

Mr Trirong told police that he had used a brick to attack his step-dad, Mr Wira, who was yelling at and beating his mother.

Police soon learned that Mr Trirong was already wanted on a warrant in Chalong for statutory rape, in other words, engaging in sexual activities with a minor – a girl younger than 15, the legal age of consent in Thailand.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-wanted-for-statutory-rape-arrested-after-smashing-abusive-step-dads-face-with-brick-53177.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-07-12

15? Well you learn something new everyday on this site !! I have an 18 yr old daughter and if a guy come near here at the mo i would beat him with a <deleted> stick

15? Well you learn something new everyday on this site !! I have an 18 yr old daughter and if a guy come near here at the mo i would beat him with a stick

It's 15 for similar aged Thais only. Under 18 and the male can be prosecuted.

If your a farang you will be prosecuted and jailed.

Edited by twocatsmac

He seems willing to face the music, and they do not state the details of the other case leading to his warrant. As statutory rape cases can be brought up to the age of 18, as reported in the news, over the years.

Anyways, the guy isn't running away and is facing the music.

15 can't be right... blink.png do the parents have to give consent?

Google for age off consent... and be surprised...

Thailand: Age of consent = 15

Younger then 13 = always rape

Younger then 15 = Statutory rape

Younger then 18 and for money =

15? Well you learn something new everyday on this site !! I have an 18 yr old daughter and if a guy come near here at the mo i would beat him with a stick

Nope, the Thai law does not discriminate

Under age of 18 but above 15, the girl can give consent, but the parents can object and file complaint, most of the time, to save face, the village chief orders the marriage and a sin sod to be payed.

Under age of 18 but above 15, the girl can give consent, but the parents can object and file complaint, most of the time, to save face, the village chief orders the marriage and a sin sod to be payed.

I believe this was recently changed.

I read a document somewhere that indicated a Farang (non-Thai national) having sex with a Thai girl under 18 will be jailed while waiting to be prosecuted.

I believe this was recently changed.

I read a document somewhere that indicated a Farang (non-Thai national) having sex with a Thai girl under 18 will be jailed while waiting to be prosecuted.

Your right timendres. Yet some people look for justification in loopholes in the law for pursuing minors.

Right...its shameless that thais households are following the footsteps of Western Dsyfunctional families and worsts, a lot of these products from these dsyfunctional families in the West coming and settling down in thailand.cheesy.gif

And the wife beater ? No mention of happened to him.

Beating your wife is not illegal in Thailand unless it ends as a homicide. Thai culture is to stay out of disputes between husband and wife, even when serious violence is taking place.

15 can't be right... blink.png do the parents have to give consent?

Google for age off consent... and be surprised...

Thailand: Age of consent = 15

Younger then 13 = always rape

Younger then 15 = Statutory rape

Younger then 18 and for money =

Just going from memory, the law as it was published in December, 1996, was that under 15 but over 13 parents could give consent, but if it was for money it was a crime. I think if the parents gave consent and it was for money they could be charged. Younger than 18 and for money I'm pretty sure that "for money" is always illegal, but luckily very hard to prove. They have to literally catch you in the act of having sex and then prove that money exchanged hands. "Younger than 18" is problematic. In the U.S. in some (most?) states under 18 is statutory rape. Here it used to be seen (after the December 1996 law) as too risky to contemplate. Bars since then are not supposed to allow any person under 18 in, and nobody without ID. The Thermae used to enforce that very strictly, despite having good connections with the police. Of course enforcement has become lax in some places, especially outside the farang entertainment areas. Personally, I would prefer not to have a group of policemen greet me as I came out of a hotel room with a girl under 18.

It doesn't say how old the warrant is.

For all we know, he was 15 years old at the time, and the girl was 14 years old, and consented.

Perhaps the girl's family didn't like him and his family, so they went to the police.

Maybe he didn't even know about the warrant, hence, why he stayed around and waited to be arrested for the assault.