What is the current status for on-the-border visas?

Sorry to go off topic here but for some reason a new issue has come up !!!

Getting a new Non-B to work as a teacher you must have a "Criminal History Check" or you won't get it !!!

That's all very well but what if you are changing schools & have been here for a while & don't have one???

I am Australian & as far as I know to obtain a check it MUST be done in person at a Police Station in Australia......sorry but for under 30,000 Baht per I'm not doing that !!!

Also on Monday the 6th July at Vientiane ALL applicants for Non-B's to teach in Gov. Schools were refused & told to come back when they did.

So these poor bastards are now possibly working illegally at their new schools until they can or can't get a check !!!

WHY has this not been on TV already ???

Sorry to go off topic here but for some reason a new issue has come up !!!

Getting a new Non-B to work as a teacher you must have a "Criminal History Check" or you won't get it !!!

That's all very well but what if you are changing schools & have been here for a while & don't have one???

I am Australian & as far as I know to obtain a check it MUST be done in person at a Police Station in Australia......sorry but for under 30,000 Baht per I'm not doing that !!!

Also on Monday the 6th July at Vientiane ALL applicants for Non-B's to teach in Gov. Schools were refused & told to come back when they did.

So these poor bastards are now possibly working illegally at their new schools until they can or can't get a check !!!

WHY has this not been on TV already ???

I had to get one in the UK for a non B a few years ago. It takes 40 days to get it, unless things have changed since then.

It came up the other day but it was not confirmed that that they were wanting the police check.

I think they will accept one for Thailand if you have been here for awhile already, Info for getting one is here. http://www.pcscenter...lice.go.th/eng/

What is the process for confirming that they are implementing the police check ??? The fact is that at Vientiane they are !!! Again this week they turned down a newly arrived teacher from a nearby school........he's pretty stressed right now !!! It happened to many last week that is also correct.

In Japan, a thinking country they give you 90 days in which to obtain a check & don't just kick you back over the border on a tourist visa or whatever.

No disrespect to you but at the moment here in LOS "I think they will accept one from Thailand" won't cut it. The reason is that even if you have been here for a while that certainly does not mean that you are clean in your own country does it. Some are here for that very reason !!!

This is a big problem & deserves more than a quick mention on TV or are the majority of TV members only concerned about retirement or marriage visa issues ???

There is a difference between a post by somebody that got turned away and 2nd or 3rd hand info and that is what has been posted.thus far.

I suggest you contact the consular section in Vientiane to find out if a police clearance from here will be accepted.

If you were so concerned and wanted additional info it would of been best to of posted a topic about it instead of in this topic that is about something else.

For those teaching the Teaching in Thailand Forum often has topics about the requirements to get the visa.

I went to the Headquarters of The Royal Thai Police in Bangkok to apply for a Thai police clearance,

got it a month later and then went to the Thai Embassy in Vientiane with the documents including the

clearance to apply for a Non-B for teaching. I obtained the visa the next day last February no problem!

Good luck!