Time between USA affidavit and 1 yr Visa extension visit

not my one 1 month old only Chaeng Khaen Loei. I suggest you ask your one directly.

They are an exception and are not following the policy set out in June of 2013. See this that has the Thai version of the directive and an English translation of it.

PCEC-NOTICE-THAI-IMMIGRATION-NEWS-JUNE-6.pdf

I used one that was 4 months old last year and have one ready for this year that I got in April for my extension next month.

I go over about 2 weeks before and get the income statement but as Joe said good for 6 months if you live in an up to date location

Getting one a month or less before is fine if you live near where your embassy or consulate is or are from UK and can get one by post.

For me the new rule is a big help because before it I was making special trips to Bangkok just to get the affidavit within 30 days before my extension is due. Last year and again this year I got mine while on holiday with the family and stayed over long enough in Bangkok to get it.

The US Embassy "normally" schedules 3 trips a year to Phuket, or about every 4 months.

Thai immigration in Phuket recognize this and informally allow 4 months between affidavit and visa renewal. As an example, US Consulate comes here on July 27. I think immigration will accept that income affidavit up until the next US Consulate Visit. If the next visiti was say Nov. 1, then they would allow about 3 months and 5 days. If the next visit by the consulate is Dec. 1, then they would allow 4 months and 5 days.

I think the law is still 90 days, but most of us know the laws are in a state of flux right now as many are being revised day by day, month by month.

Of course if you happen to be in Bangkok, you canget one there at the embassy, but schedule an appt online first.

Not authoritative, just based on observation and chatting with others who submit income affidavits.

I am not at all contradicting other posts here, maybe 6 months is their line in the sand.

There is no "law' that covers how old an income document can be. There is the directive I posted a link to download it that states 6 months.

Not everybody has the convenience of consular outreach. There is not one to here in Ubon. There is one in Khon Khen but that is almost as much hassle to do as going to Bangkok,

Well chaeng khaen is still 1 month, my aussie mate's one was 6 weeks old and he had to make another trip to Bangkok for a new one and that was last week, I suggest every ones asks their own office as they make up their rules in my experience.

• Like 1

Well chaeng khaen is still 1 month, my aussie mate's one was 6 weeks old and he had to make another trip to Bangkok for a new one and that was last week, I suggest every ones asks their own office as they make up their rules in my experience.

..and draw their attention to the Immigration Bureau directive referred to by ubonjoe if they tell you less than 6 months.

• Like 1

..and draw their attention to the Immigration Bureau directive referred to by ubonjoe if they tell you less than 6 months.

You really do not have a clue about Thai immigration officers do you. do what you suggest and get hell from them forever.

Not necessarily. I presented the directive to my office, and they asked if they could keep it.

However, checking with your individual office is sage advice, since they do make up their own rules, and love to catch you "in error".

Edited by curtklay