My problem with Sexpats.

LarryBird

I don't have a problem with them, unless their partaking in detestable activities like soliciting minors.

The problem I do have though, is the fact they can't admit they are here just to get laid. Honestly, what is the shame in that? I look at a 60 year old guy, who probably still enjoys getting his doors blown off, and think 'good for him'. But, why do they have to go on about how they're here for the food and culture, or whatever BS it is? Can't they just look themselves in the mirror and say 'I'm not dead yet, I still enjoy having sex.'??

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you have a problem or not?

My real issue, as a retired sexpat, is all my fellow retirees who have now got married to a thai lady and claim they came to Thailand for the food and temples.

I came to Thailand for altruistic reasons, as I had heard that there were many bar and ago-go owners suffering financially, also many local girls were having problems supporting their families additionally the cost of vet treatment is high here resulting in a large number of buffalo being sick. I do what I can to redistribute my meager wealth to help them out.

Ok... I admit it... I came here to have sex. I would have never come to Thailand on my own for any reason except to have sex.

Does it make me a sexpat though if I was having sex with the girl before coming here? In other words, I followed the pussy here, I didn't get here first and then start looking for it.

There should be another word for that. I don't want to be lumped in the same category as my dad.

I love it when people concern themselves with things are are never going to affect them.

There's nothing wrong with people coming on here and giving their opinions on things that don't affect them.

It is these people who help make Thaivisa the forum it is.

Opinions about everything from everybody, bring it on.

I came here a long time ago on holiday after a relationship came to an end , i really did not have a clue ,but i soon found out and rogered anything female that wanted to , a couple of months later i came back and rented a flat ,did the usuall got a girlfriend ,then another ,then another i soon realized that Bargirls on the wholewere for play ,not for stay ,although i am sure many guys have found a lasting relationship with one .

eventually had a buisness in BKK and just got bored with going to bars ,met my now wife through buisness and hey ho that was it , but as for sexpats ,fill your boots boys .biggrin.png

I love it when people concern themselves with things are are never going to affect them.

There's nothing wrong with people coming on here and giving their opinions on things that don't affect them.

You do know what people say about opinions, right?

You do know what people say about opinions, right?

Yes.

I've no issues with guys who came here or live here to get their rocks off...

However, I do take issue with those who because they immerse themselves solely to this environment lack the understanding of Thailand and anyone else beyond these circles, instead believing that all enjoy being subject to their opinions, charms and juvenile pidgin humour...

I've no issues with guys who came here or live here to get their rocks off...

However, I do take issue with those who because they immerse themselves solely to this environment lack the understanding of Thailand and anyone else beyond these circles, instead believing that all enjoy being subject to their opinions, charms and juvenile pidgin humour...

The obverse is also true.

An odd post indeed . I thought it was common knowledge that the majority of the red light industry in Thailand dealt with locals and not a few old age pensioners from abroad here and there. The ex-pat side is only a small part pf that industry, as anyone who has traveled across the country can tell you.

Why can't they accept why they are here? Perhaps they live in denial and deep down feel they are doing something wrong. It takes a lot of guts to accept what you are, and in my experience those who point the finger at others usually can't do themselves.

I did meet one that fits into the category 'sexpat' that you mention. He told me he comes to Thailand, Pattaya actually, every year and has done for 15 years or more, stays at the same hotel, goes to the same bar and meets the same girls but before that he told me he didn't come to Thailand for the girls. When I heard all that, I didn't want to talk to him anymore. It's his problem that he feels he has to justify himself, not mine.

Sad state of affairs but his problem, not mine.