Handy can of teflon chain lube ?

recom273

I currently use Motul C4 factory teflon chain lube on my Versys. I'm quite happy with the lube, but requires regular application in wet conditions.

I find the 400ml can a bit too much to drag around on longer runs, and just wondering if anyone else has found a small can of teflon lube ?

I found one at the Kawasaki shop, i think it was close to 400ml but the can was shorter but larger diameter.

Doesnt anyone make a handy 150ml can, like Motul do with their C3 chain grease ?

I uses Motul C2 on my Versys and they comes in 150ml cans.

In Pattaya on central road near foodland and bit further towards sukhumvit road go left in the small soi and there is an Aut Dainese dealer and she got them. Only open in the afternoon normally but she is a nice lady, married to an expat MC rider.

I don't bother with C4, is for racing use.

Yes agree regarding the size, a 400ml can is fine to have in the house and then bring the 150ml along for touring.

Sorry, I meant C2 150ml cans.

I use it on the daily runabout CBR150, the hugger collects most of it, after a light application and left for 24 hours.

I find that the PTFE Teflon gear actually stays on the chain and the bike stays relatively clean.

Wurth do a 150ml can, I was just wondering if there were any other industrial lubricants that come in this size - doesn't have to be specifically motorbike.

• 3 weeks later...

Super Lube has 6oz spray can.

Owwww .. I got a can of super lube, it has similar properties to WD40 !!

I lubed the chain this morning and after a couple of hundred km's it had managed to clean all the residual PTFE grease from the chain and the chain was as dry as a bone. On the plus side, the brass was as shiny as a new pin.

I now need to get home and will end up stopping every hour or so and dousing the chain.

Balls, I will just stick to lugging a big can around in the future.