Airport to file criminal charge against Kamronwit

Lite Beer

Airport to file criminal charge against Kamronwit

14-7-2558-12-32-46-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Airports of Thailand (AoT) will file criminal charge against former metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang as soon as he arrives at Suvarnabhumi airport from Narita this afternoon.

AoT board chairman Prasong Poontanet said airport authorities will file complaint with the First Region Provincial Police to charge him for bringing the gun on board the plane as he arrives at Suvarnabhumi airport today at 3.30 pm.

He said the airport authorities and the police will also seek cooperation and all evidence from Japan on the gun to impose charge on the former Bangkok policy chief.

A deputy governor of AoT said Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit will not be given privileges when he arrives today.

He said the former senior police officer will enter normal check-in channel same as other inbound passengers.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/airport-to-file-criminal-charge-against-kamronwit

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-14

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can they prove that he left Thailand with the Weapon in his checked in luggage?

It's not surprising that the Thai Police are not filing charges against one of their own, however, what about the 'illegal' / 'un-registered' gun?

As the Gun was un-registered (according to previous reports) - The former Police Commissioner could argue that while in Japan he thought the Gun was his and had been mistakenly left in his luggage, but in retrospect it wasn't... it therefore must have been a plant in Japan...

I suspect this AoT charge will go away - its simply too little too late in this Game.

Interesting ... so will they be charging anyone with negligence at the airport for allowing him through in the first place? I'm guessing not ... the days when anyone here takes responsibility for anything or even for simply doing their jobs correctly are not even close to being here.

If he had any sense he would have left the unregistered gun in Japan before boarding the aircraft, but I note that the announcement of the planned charge (whatever it may be) wasn't made until after his flight had departed.

Wasn't this guy a pre-coup police chief. If so, probably politically motivated.

Also, if the AOT's employees or contractors would have been doing their jobs properly, surely the gun would have been found and confiscated at Swampy?!

Sounds like the AOT (forgive the pun) is shooting itself in the foot on this one!

If he had any sense he would have left the unregistered gun in Japan before boarding the aircraft, but I note that the announcement of the planned charge (whatever it may be) wasn't made until after his flight had departed.

Also, if the AOT's employees or contractors would have been doing their jobs properly, surely the gun would have been found and confiscated at Swampy?!

Sounds like the AOT (forgive the pun) is shooting itself in the foot on this one!

Although there is clear evidence a crime was committed from the perpetrator's own statements, because he was connected to the last government, prosecution must be politically motivated?

Even if there is political motivation for prosecution, how does that in any way reduce his guilt? Should the crime be ignored, or the sentence reduced?

" ..to charge him for bringing the gun on board the plane.." Is this the flight out of Thailand or the flight arriving today?

As usual the Thai PBS report doesn't make much sense.

Can the public also file charges against the airport authorities for not finding the gun theybare going to charge him for carrying?

Going to be a bit difficult to prove he was carrying the gun when they never found it. Would be hilarious questioning in the witness box.

Although there is clear evidence a crime was committed from the perpetrator's own statements, because he was connected to the last government, prosecution must be politically motivated?

Even if there is political motivation for prosecution, how does that in any way reduce his guilt? Should the crime be ignored, or the sentence reduced?

I'm not saying that he is not guilty, just that vindictiveness towards people of the former government

I'm not saying that he is not guilty, just that vindictiveness towards people of the former government is likely to play a part, even a small one.

Also, it would seem that in Thailand, the rich, powerful, & well-connected regularly get off scot-free, for far more serious transgressions. Why not this guy?

As I stated previously, this only happened because someone was allowed to carry a gun undetected through Swampy. Do I believe that none of the airport staff were aware of this at the time?

Nah! TIT.

An ass-covering exercise by AOT.

Can't really see where they're going with this but I'll bet it's something to do with protecting the' reputation ' of airport security as there are lots of unanswered questions regarding his outward flight.

Can the public also file charges against the airport authorities for not finding the gun theybare going to charge him for carrying?

Going to be a bit difficult to prove he was carrying the gun when they never found it. Would be hilarious questioning in the witness box.

Q. you reported that his luggage was scanned and passed as OK.

A. Yes, that is correct. We couldn't see any firearms on our scanner, but we know it was there.

Q. I see, how do you know it was there if you couldn't see it?

A. Because we know these things.

Q. Well, in that case why did you allow it to pass?

A. Because we couldn't see it.

Q. So, you knew it was there, you couldn't see it but you allowed in on board, would you like to explain your actions so well all understand?

A. Um, um, um, I wasn't at work that day I was sick - can you ask someone else please?

What a "<deleted>" ing joke -

That's assuming he took that gun from Thailand by accident in the first place.

He might have taken it for a reason and wanted to bring it back. Or maybe he acquired it there and was bringing it back for a reason. The ever changing story he spouted suggests the truth hasn't necessarily been revealed.

Or is he that dumb that he genuinely thought the Japanese would have no problem with him having a gun and bullets and taking it on a plane when they found out who he was? Maybe he's right. They certainly don't seem to want to prosecute him. Wonder if the US, Aussie or an EU country would have been so forgiving?

There was a report when this first happened indicating he might face charges when he returned to Thailand. The bun fight has probably been over who filed the charges.

No doubt he will again get off without any real punishment other than maybe some inconvenience. And the real story will never be known, just like all the others.

Thailand - land of stories and make believe. That would be a could slogan for TAT.

AFAIK, the AOT can't "file a criminal charge" against anyone...

They can lodge a complaint with the police, and it's then up to the police to decide what to do with it... And as you might imagine, the police probably not especially keen to seek criminal charges from prosecutors against one of their own, albeit now retired.

If I were him, once I cleared the authorities in Japan, I would have gotten rid of the gun, dumped it in a dumper somewhere... Unless of course, it happened to be a gift from his most special good friend. In which case, he'd hold onto it for dear life, regardless of the consequences. Hmmmmm???

Internet on flights now??

Internet on flights now??

Too late. Better leave it on the plane, or dump before customs.

AFAIK, the AOT can't "file a criminal charge" against anyone...

They can lodge a complaint with the police, and it's then up to the police to decide what to do with it... And as you might imagine, the police probably not especially keen to seek criminal charges from prosecutors against one of their own, albeit now retired.

If I were him, once I cleared the authorities in Japan, I would have gotten rid of the gun, dumped it in a dumper somewhere... Unless of course, it happened to be a gift from his most special good friend. In which case, he'd hold onto it for dear life, regardless of the consequences. Hmmmmm???

They can file private criminal charges against him right at the Criminal court and don't need any police involvement at all. Thailand is one of a few countries where this is possible.

All these post are assuming he even went through normal clearing procedures on his departure, I think not, hence the problem. Have you ever been in the departure/arrival area when some of these "Hot Shots" come through. I have, and you would think a Royal was coming through. On arrival at the Baggage Claim area they hold up every bodies luggage until the "Hot Shots" get theirs and usually someone carries their passports through immigration. As a Business Travel it annoys the hell out of me, because I pay and I bet they do not..

Given the media report he is alleged to have told Japanese authorities he unintentionally brought the gun to Japan with him from Thailand as he forgot about having the weapon with him. Maybe suffering from the onset of dementia?. So given this admission, if correct, he has incriminated himself, therefor, charges can be brought against him.

In addition, I don't think the Japanese Police are as inept as some and seeing that they interrogated him, then there might be more admissions that we are unaware of, hence the RTP request for the file. What happens when he returns is anyone's guess but maybe the Japanese did a deal so the RTP can have a go at him here. I know, an assumption and maybe I'm dreaming but surely someday these bloody nightmares have to stop.

Edited by Si Thea01