Does anyone know an easy way to withdraw 30K baht in one withdrawal with foreign-bank debit card?

I apologize if this is a well-worn topic--I once had a lead, but I now cannot locate it on this forum.

I am just trying to avoid the 20K daily limit, and would also like to pay one 180-baht fee, rather than three. I just need to withdraw 30K baht in one go, but my debit card/savings account is with a foreign bank.

Yes, I sound stingy, but I really need to be at the moment. Any help will be much appreciated.

Above assumes your debit card will allow such a cash withdrawal - believe most will as mine have 1 and 1.5k USD limits for cash. Never make the mistake that a debit card gives you access to all you bank funds (as I once did) - they have daily limits.

Above assumes your debit card will allow such a cash withdrawal - believe most will as mine have 1 and 1.5k USD limits for cash. Never make the mistake that a debit card gives you access to all you bank funds (as I once did) - they have daily limits.

Yep, got that part sorted. Just need a swift withdrawal process now! Thank you kindly, lopburi3!

Krungsri Bank will allow a withdrawal of 30,000 Baht from an ATM machine. Whether it will be allowed with your foreign bank debit card depends on whether your debit card and Krungsri Bank ATM have a network in common (Cirrus, Plus, etc.). You will be charged a 180 Baht fee by Krungsri Bank ATM for using their ATM machine.

I use Krungsri and TMB ATMs to get Bt30K. I think CIMB ATMs may provide Bt30K also. Other Thai bank/AEON ATMs limit a withdrawal to Bt20K or Bt25K.

And of course your home country "card-issuing" bank must allow up to Bt30K....sure can't get Bt30K out of any ATM unless your card-issuing bank's limit is also at least that high.

Edited by Pib

You can try at the counter inside a bank, it works with a CreditCard.

+1, with Krungsri Bank you can take out up to 150K baht with a debit card in 1 transaction. You also get a good rate of exchange, as your money is changed at the offshore rate..

You will need your passport... All very quick and painless and saves paying the 180 baht ATM service charge...biggrin.png

You can try at the counter inside a bank, it works with a CreditCard.

+1, with Krungsri Bank you can take out up to 150K baht with a debit card in 1 transaction. You also get a good rate of exchange, as your money is changed at the offshore rate..

You will need your passport... All very quick and painless and saves paying the 180 baht ATM service charge...biggrin.png

I can't speak to what limit Krungsri may allow for a counter withdrawal as I've never asked...but I do use them almost every month to do an approx Bt65K counter withdrawal...other times Bangkok Bank. I must limit it to approx Bt65K as my U.S. card-issuing bank has a daily $2,000 withdrawal limit which is around Bt65 depending on the exchange rate at the time. A person also needs to take into consideration the limit established by your card-issuing bank or you may be a little embarrassed with then the transaction rejects as OverLimit at the Thai bank.

Happened to me when I first used this particular card for a counter withdrawal at a Bangkok Bank branch where I sometimes do counter withdrawals....I "assumed" the card's limit was significantly higher that $2,000 so I asked for a Bt100K (approx $2,900), the clerk ran the transaction, and it rejected as OverLimit. Well, that's a little embarrassing when the clerk tells you that, but within a second I asked them to try again for Bt60K (approx $1750)...the transaction was approved. Later that night I contacted my bank to find out what my daily limit per day/per transaction were.

Yeap, a person needs to know what the daily/transaction limit is for their card because you can't exceed what limit your "card-issuing" bank has on the card and you can't exceed whatever limit a local bank may have....of course the local bank would tell you right up front before the transaction what limit they may have.

Just got back from doing my counter withdrawal at my nearby Krungsri branch using my Visa card...got Bt68K...deposited it all into my Mee Tai Dai savings account which I opened at another Krungsri branch. Today they (two customer service reps and the branch manager) tried to convince me to open an account with their branch and also open a whole life insurance savings account where once a year they transfer X-amount such as Bt50K or Bt100K to that account from one of my Krungsri accounts...you earn higher interest, have insurance, etc. Boy, they were so nice (and pretty), persuasive, but I turned their offers down. They knew I was a U.S. person since they copy the main page of your passport for a counter withdrawal and asked me where in the U.S. I was from....FATCA is just part of their account opening routine now.

I wouldn't touch a whole life insurance product with a 10 foot pole but I may open another Mee Tai Dai account with them next month. They initially asked if I had a work permit, I said no....you could see a little frown on their face. Then I said I have a long term visa (retirement extension of stay) that I get yearly....then they said OK to the account opening if desired...and when I said I also have a tabien baan (i.e., House Registration/Yellow Book) they quickly said Daai, Daai (i.e., able, OK). Having that Yellow Book has made so many account openings so much easier ever since I arrived Thailand. But as already mentioned I turned the nice ladies down...maybe I get some new offers next month when I go do another counter withdrawal.