Truck spills 'millions and millions' of screws onto highway in Bangkok

webfact

Truck spills 'millions and millions' of screws onto highway (PHOTOS)
By Coconuts Bangkok

screws1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A truck transporting metal screws rear-ended another pickup truck and spilled all its little pointy screws onto the Burapha Withi Expressway in southeastern metro Bangkok yesterday.

The truck then lost control and hit the barrier of the highway in Samut Prakan. Many unlucky cars driving behind were screwed and left with all their tires flattened around 3pm yesterday.

Officials took about two hours to pick up the screws before traffic returned to normal. There were “millions and millions” of them, according to the peerless titan of morning news, Sorayuth Suthassanachinda.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/16/truck-spills-millions-and-millions-screws-highway-photos

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-16

whistling.gif

Why you need a native English speaking proofreader.......

The truck then lost control and hit the barrier of the highway in Samut Prakan. Many unlucky cars driving behind were screwed and left with all their tires flattened around 3pm yesterday.

come guys... ... you think its all 'pun and games until someone gets hurt'..... whistling.gif

----------

It looks to me as though one of the pickups (the one which was rear ended and spilt the screws) was carrying an uncovered load on the expressway... Illegal (not that that makes much of a difference in Thailand)....

I wonder how many tire shops throw nails all over the roads lol.

In Vietnam, a lot. In Thailand, fortunately not so much. There was an incident a couple of months back I think it was, when the female manager of a tyre shop and her accomplice were busted for doing this, I think it was in Prachuab Khiri Khan province. It's obviously an absolutely disgusting and criminal activity, something only low lifes would engage in.