60 day extension - Thai child

You can extend your 60 day entry from a tourist visa for 60 days to visit your child.

Immigration requires a copy a child's house book registry when applying for the extension. You could try with just the passport but I am sure that will not be accepted.

Immigration might be flexible if he has a birth certificate issued by the embassy in London. You should at least try.

If you were married when your child was born you are the legal father of your child. You might be able to get him registered with the help of a family member of his mother to have him registered in their house book.

Yes, we were married at the time of his, we are still actually married but her family live in udon and I'm in Bangkok and they have zero English plus I don't think they will be too helpful to be honest, his birth certificate was issued in London and I'm named as his father

In case Immigration will insist about your son house registration, try going to the central office at

"Central House Registration, Chaemchan Lane, North Khlong Ton Sub-District, Watthana District, Bangkok Metropolis".

You probably will need an educated Thai as translator as well as copies of Mother's ID.

I would think you will have issues because the extension is to visit your Thai Spouse or Child. If you bring in a passport I think it would show your son not living in Thailand if I am understanding you right. Also the birth certificate may also raise questions about where he lives given he was not born in Thailand and your wife is not going with you. Also, I am curious if a child passport different in terms of showing the parents names? Never had or looked at a child's passport.

I have never been asked for a house book and have done this type of extension in bangkok based on marriage many times over many years. Then again, I go in with my wife and just provide a copy of marriage certificate and her Thai ID. In your case, I think the passport and birth certificate will raise questions.

But if you apply and you're denied, I "assume" they would grant you a 30 day extension and you can use that time to sort out another option. I would go in and say you are bring your son to have him visit his mother who you are technically still married and bring in copy of marriage certificate if you have it along with a copy of her ID. Often a nice manor and good explanation (ask for their help/advice) goes a long way in situations like this.

I would think you will have issues because the extension is to visit your Thai Spouse or Child. If you bring in a passport I think it would show your son not living in Thailand if I am understanding you right. Also the birth certificate may also raise questions about where he lives given he was not born in Thailand and your wife is not going with you. Also, I am curious if a child passport different in terms of showing the parents names? Never had or looked at a child's passport.

Where the child and father have been living until now doesn't matter. However since the OP is still married, Immigration may insist that he can only apply on the basis of having a Thai spouse. Problem is is, wife isn't present so that can't be done.

But if you apply and you're denied, I "assume" they would grant you a 30 day extension and you can use that time to sort out another option.

There is no 30 days extension. A denial of extension would give 7 days only.

Where the child and father have been living until now doesn't matter. However since the OP is still married, Immigration may insist that he can only apply on the basis of having a Thai spouse. Problem is is, wife isn't present so that can't be done.

But if you apply and you're denied, I "assume" they would grant you a 30 day extension and you can use that time to sort out another option.

There is no 30 days extension. A denial of extension would give 7 days only.

My mistake, missed he said he is on a tourist visa, thought he entered on 30 Day Exempt ... Assume then he has already extended the 60 Day Tourist Visa 30 Days.

As for the other comment, thought I made clear his documents are going to raise concerns about where his son lives because of where he has been living. So the point was they are almost certainly going to want to see proof his sone lives here ... something my wife and I have never had to show beyond her Thai ID.

The other issue to consider is if he uses his wife's address up north for his son somehow, I don;t think he will be able to apply for the extension in Bangkok as you are supposed to do it at the immigration office where the qualifying relative lives.

My mistake, missed he said he is on a tourist visa, thought he entered on 30 Day Exempt ... Assume then he has already extended the 60 Day Tourist Visa 30 Days.

In fact he can extend 30 days. I was referring to the length of an extension given when no other possibility exists.

As for the other comment, thought I made clear his documents are going to raise concerns about where his son lives because of where he has been living. So the point was they are almost certainly going to want to see proof his sone lives here ... something my wife and I have never had to show beyond her Thai ID.

The other issue to consider is if he uses his wife's address up north for his son somehow, I don;t think he will be able to apply for the extension in Bangkok as you are supposed to do it at the immigration office where the qualifying relative lives.

Where the family lives doesn't matter as long they live together and of course in the same region for which the office is competent, but for a 60 days extension that is not even required. In fact it's called "extension for visiting".

Edited by paz

In fact he can extend 30 days. I was referring to the length of an extension given when no other possibility exists.

Where the family lives doesn't matter as long they live together and of course in the same region for which the office is competent, but for a 60 days extension that is not even required. In fact it's called "extension for visiting".

It is an extension for visiting a family member who resides in Thailand. It is not an extension to vacation with a Thai or dual national family member visiting Thailand. This is why I continue to state the documents he has is almost certain to raise suspicion about his son's residency making proof required.

I could be wrong but think you were right the first time. I don;t think he would be able to get a 30-day extension if he already extended his visa the 30-days. In fact I am not even sure he can get a 60-Day extension if he used the 30-day extension available for tourist visas without an exit. My originally comments were based on his being visa exempt as I missed him saying he is on a tourist visa but not sure ... just know previously on the 60-day they require an exit and aren't going to extend an extension. Based on the timeline of his previous posts, I would assume he is in his 30 Day Visa extension window unless he got a double entry and planning early.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

In my case my son is registered in the house book (blue colour?),,as am i, in the village out near Sakhon Nakhon.

I have a birth certificate as well as an Australian citizenship certificate for him.No Passport as he has never left the country as yet.

Would i have to apply for the 60 day extension of the TV near there or can i do it in CM where i usually do my visa stuff?

In my case my son is registered in the house book (blue colour?),,as am i, in the village out near Sakhon Nakhon.

I have a birth certificate as well as an Australian citizenship certificate for him.No Passport as he has never left the country as yet.

Would i have to apply for the 60 day extension of the TV near there or can i do it in CM where i usually do my visa stuff?

You can apply for the extension in CM. There is no requirement for you do it where your child's house book registry is for.

You may be asked for proof of residency when you apply.

• Like 1

The 60 day extension can be obtained for any type of entry. That includes a visa exempt entry granted at a border crossing

thank you , very cool, can i asking this extension in mid of november , 30 days will expire in 4 december and i will be in bkk not chiang mai