Pheu Thai Watana vents anger at junta for overseas travel ban

Lite Beer

The universal declaration of Human rights

Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.

(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Link - http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

thank you for point out this little, insignificant detail related to the OP.... thumbsup.gif

Of course as his trial arrives he is allowed full freedom of

movement within the state; Thailand.

He is not accorded the privilege of exiting the state,

as he is under charge for malfeasance in office,

And as he is whining about his being removed from the tough.

And because his political paymaster scarpered

and never returned under very similar circumstances...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"the former minister said that stopping people to talk and to express their opinions through the barrel of the gun will not lead to sustainable peace"

I bet Suthep is smirking when reading this. It is what the red shirts did to his protestors in 2013/14.

Watana is right though as it does not lead to sustainable peace which is exactly why the military had to step in.

Well done for inadvertently justifying the coup.

Well done for proving once and for all what a brown shirt you are....coffee1.gif

And I guess your post proves you are a red shirt which is far worse

I would like to shake this man's hand. Good for him to have the guts to stand up to these hypocritical bullies, no matter what party he originated from.

Your comment would be more credible if it has some basis.

Just read his comments, he could well be describing the policies and actions of his own party just a while back. Partly including 'make the rules as you go along' only focus being to develop a situation that's good for yourself, and ignore all ethics etc. .

"the former minister said that stopping people to talk and to express their opinions through the barrel of the gun will not lead to sustainable peace"

I bet Suthep is smirking when reading this. It is what the red shirts did to his protestors in 2013/14.

Watana is right though as it does not lead to sustainable peace which is exactly why the military had to step in.

Well done for inadvertently justifying the coup.

Well done for proving once and for all what a brown shirt you are....coffee1.gif

And I guess your post proves you are a red shirt which is far worse

Then you have not grasped anything of what I've written. And if you really believe the red shirts are worse than the brown shirts then you are a fanatic and a huge part of the problem.

Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.

(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

thank you for point out this little, insignificant detail related to the OP.... thumbsup.gif

What trial? Was he even an MP when the rice scheme was ongoing? Is he even implicated in the rice scandal?

What malfeasance in office?

Article 13.

Trial for what? The OP doesn't give any reason for the travel ban. Posters here imply he has done something illegal, but don't state what or provide any evidence.

What trial? Was he even an MP when the rice scheme was ongoing? Is he even implicated in the rice scandal?

Forgot to take your meds again? He was an appointed Commerce Minister in the PTP government (AFAIK he was never an MP) how could he NOT implicated in the scam?

Forgot to take your meds again? He was an appointed Commerce Minister in the PTP government (AFAIK he was never an MP) how could he NOT implicated in the scam?

Well i have looked through all reports on the current rice scam, and there is not one single mention of him..... Is he standing trial?

Article 13.

Trial for what? The OP doesn't give any reason for the travel ban. Posters here imply he has done something illegal, but don't state what or provide any evidence.

Such is the beauty of living under military rule. No need for this "evidence" you speak of and other such nonsense like that...

Well i have looked through all reports on the current rice scam, and there is not one single mention of him..... Is he standing trial?

Perhaps there are other cases in process?

Perhaps there are, but thats not what i was asking. Halloween, Animatic etc implied they were implicated in the rice scam and part of the Commerce ministry and he was held for malfeasance.. I stand to be corrected but i cannot see anything linking him to any of them.

Perhaps a future Govt wants to stop X,Y and Z from travelling because there is some secretive case that only certain people know about.... i presume you would be okay with that to....

Perhaps there are, but thats not what i was asking. Halloween, Animatic etc implied they were implicated in the rice scam and part of the Commerce ministry and he was held for malfeasance.. I stand to be corrected but i cannot see anything linking him to any of them.

Perhaps a future Govt wants to stop X,Y and Z from travelling because there is some secretive case that only certain people know about.... i presume you would be okay with that to....

He was involved in the rice scam as Deputy and then actual Commerce Minister. No he is not facing trial yet nor does he need to be.

I refer you to post #26. Governments have the right to refuse travel outside the country to their citizens, and other countries do so regularly. Convicted paedophiles, other criminals and radicalised muslim youth will/may not be issued passports by the Oz government. If the current Thai government want him to stay here because they believe that he may be charged or required as a witness, they have the right to do so.

Such is the beauty of living under military rule. No need for this "evidence" you speak of and other such nonsense like that...

Oz is not under military rule and retains the right to refuse to issue or cancel a citizens passport if they SUSPECT someone may be involved in criminal activity or travel to areas prohibited for us to travel (ISIS).

He was involved in the rice scam as Deputy and then actual Commerce Minister. No he is not facing trial yet nor does he need to be.

I refer you to post #26. Governments have the right to refuse travel outside the country to their citizens, and other countries do so regularly. Convicted paedophiles, other criminals and radicalised muslim youth will/may not be issued passports by the Oz government. If the current Thai government want him to stay here because they believe that he may be charged or required as a witness, they have the right to do so.

But you are making that up..... he has been stopped for criticising the Govt.....

Took you a long time to find anything as well, and well you found nothing so made something up.

There are other clauses already quoted in this thread which tend to disagree with what you say.

Maybe you can post your sources?

But you are making that up..... he has been stopped for criticising the Govt.....

Took you a long time to find anything as well, and well you found nothing so made something up.

There are other clauses already quoted in this thread which tend to disagree with what you say.

I was answering e-mail, sorry if the delay upset your schedule. Making what up? sources to prove what?

Different commerce minister Halloween, this guy is accused of demanding kickbacks over housing or construction or something like that, or something to do with conflict of interest in free trade, he's well connected to the CP group.

Pretty sure it was boomsong who's involved with dodgy the GTG deals and the Rice scam.

Different commerce minister Halloween, this guy is accused of demanding kickbacks over housing or construction or something like that, or something to do with conflict of interest in free trade, he's well connected to the CP group.

Pretty sure it was boomsong who's involved with dodgy the GTG deals and the Rice scam.

He was Deputy and then Commerce Minister during the PTP rice scam which is being treated as a crime in itself. I have made no mistaken suggestion that he was involved in Boonsong's G2G deals, which doesn't mean that he wasn't.

If any of the following agencies request a passport not be issued or be cancelled, the MoFA (Oz) MUST comply:

• Australian Federal, State and Territory police
  • Australian courts
  • Parole boards
  • Bankruptcy (public) trustees or firms appointed to act on their behalf
  • Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
  • Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO)
  • Attorney-General’s Department (specified SES officers)
  • Australian Customs Service
  • Australian Crime Commission.

http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/corporate/passports/online-passport-information/Policy/RefusalCancellationRequestsbyCompetentAuthorities/index.htm

I have no doubt similar laws apply in Thailand

',,, they have the right to do so.'

And they should do so. If we are all to live in a civil world, all countries have a duty to respect other countries, which also means responsibility to protect other countries where suspected scaly folks / people under serious investigation are involved.

Put it the other way around, at the very least, if suspected criminals / corrupt officials from other countries want to enter Thailand they surely (at least in principle), Thailand would expect the other country, at the very least, to mention, diplomatically, 'watch this guy, because......'

I was answering e-mail, sorry if the delay upset your schedule. Making what up? sources to prove what?

I can see your posting here mate, so you could not have been to busy sending an email.

He has not been linked nor charged with anything, so why can he not travel abroad?

So what are you accusing him of? I think you have lost yourself with this one.

I have done a normal google search on him and he was acquitted of something years ago, and there is very little in-between so i would be interested to know why he has been prevented from travelling abroad.

I can see your posting here mate, so you could not have been to busy sending an email.

He has not been linked nor charged with anything, so why can he not travel abroad?

I have done a normal google search on him and he was acquitted of something years ago, and there is very little in-between so i would be interested to know why he has been prevented from travelling abroad.

Windows allows me to answer e-mail while still logged into TVF. Amazing technology, eh?

For the last time, he doesn't need to be charged, or convicted. He is linked inextricably with PTP's rice scam. If it is considered he MAY be charged, or required as a witness, or maybe about to commit a crime o/s, or any other of a myriad reasons, they can prevent him from travelling OUTSIDE Thailand. I have provided a link to DFAT for Oz, which is considerably more amenable than a military junta.

And Watana thought he had got away with it, oh dear how sad, too bad, never mind. coffee1.gif

Got away with what?

Huh? Much money! Probably dishonestly obtained.

What is your considered opinion?

You made the assertion, you answer the question. Don't try and turn the tables.

Just pathetic...

Windows allows me to answer e-mail while still logged into TVF. Amazing technology, eh?

For the last time, he doesn't need to be charged, or convicted. He is linked inextricably with PTP's rice scam. If it is considered he MAY be charged, or required as a witness, or maybe about to commit a crime o/s, or any other of a myriad reasons, they can prevent him from travelling OUTSIDE Thailand. I have provided a link to DFAT for Oz, which is considerably more amenable than a military junta.

So why don't they or anyone say that? Or have they forgotten that part of the law? Its not as if they are publicity shy.

I would be interested to see how being inexplicably linked with something precludes someone from travelling, how are the rest of the crooks? going overseas? redbull? i am sure none of them have been held up before despite nearly all of them being embroiled in some kind of corruption scandal? How about Chuan Leekpai (his brother)? He has never been abroad? Suthep?

What relevance does an Australian link have to Thailand?

How was Thaksin permitted to travel? How about all the other LM suspects?

Amenable in your mean that a country who follows law and order? You are now comparing law and order and rule of law in Aus with Thailand (even in QSD)? You have lost the plot as you well know.

So the guy has not been charged with anything. Absolutely no reason he should not be allowed to travel.

Some are talking about australia, which has nothing to do with Thailand, but in Australia they have to apply to the court to give reasons for a travel ban and the person has an avenue to appeal such a decision. Aust govt cannot stop any witness from travelling, there is no proprty in witnesses so a witness does not belong to either defence or prosecution. Police may say not to leave town but cannot stop such travel. But that is off topic.

So the junta have placed this ban on him just purely out of spite. Thats it in a nutshell.

Watana has been involved in a number of cases such as the Bangkok firetruck purchase scam of 6.6 billion baht and the Ua-Athorn housing project corruption where 80 million baht was unexplained in his account.

He's been in every Thaksin party since Thai Rak Thai and is long considered one of his highest right hand men in party politics.

It's very revealing that so many pundits here are obviously unaware, unintentionally or intentionally, of this man's long checkered history.

He's scum.

Has he been charged with anything? Is he being investigated for anything? Has any reason been given for his travel ban?

I know in other countries a person can be banned from overseas travel for many reasons, but in the less oppressive countries a reason must be given.