Kamronwit summoned for questioning related to firearm possession through airport security

webfact

Former BKK Police Chief summoned for questioning related to firearm possession through airport security

BANGKOK, 21 July 2015 (NNT) - The Royal Thai Police has revealed that a former Bangkok Police Chief will be summoned for questioning after receiving his testimony from Japanese prosecutors.

Royal Thai Police Chief Pol Gen Somyos Poompanmuang said that former Bangkok Police Chief Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang will be interrogated after his testimony arrives from Japan, where the offense occurred.

Both testimonies conducted in Japan and Thailand will be compared as part of the police investigation. Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit will visit police headquarters on July 27.

He will be asked a series of questions regarding the incident where a sidearm was found on his person while boarding the plane. Depending on the results of the investigation, the former police chief could face several charges. Testimonies have been collected from 14 eyewitnesses.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-21 footer_n.gif

POLICE: Is this your gun?

KAMRONWIT: Well, I don't know. It could be, but I don't remember.

POLICE: Did you carry it through airport security in Thailand.

KAMRONWIT: I'm not sure. I don't think so, but my maid packed my bags, so maybe she put it there and didn't tell me.

POLICE: Thank you General. You have been most cooperative. Case dismissed.

KAMRONWIT: I'm not sure. I don't think so, but my maid packed my bags, so maybe she put it there and didn't tell me.

Kamronwit: Now where's my new 9mm Sig Sauer Model P320?

"Depending on the results of the investigation, the former police chief could face several charges" cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

As if somebody with his standing would face any charges... there may be a dog and pony show for the Japanese, to show them that he will be punished to the full extent of the law, NOT..coffee1.gif

Kamronwit: Now where's my new 9mm Sig Sauer Model P320?

I am sure it will be something like this. Hi mate sorry about the inconvenience, no problem dude, lets go through the motions, remember that job i gave you son, yes thanks for that, gun, what gun? sorry our stupid person thought he saw one haha, no nothing there, okay to dismiss.

*you will owe me something or my family some time down the line when i or one of my family kills or injures someone, or is involved in corruption"

"no problem"

(lots of wai's hugging to follow)

This attitude just shows that someone thinks he is above the law.... simple as that...

In the BKK post they ran an article saying the guy who refused breathalyzer testing is in line for the police top job, because his is mates with Prawit, and the other candidate is also in the running because his wife is friends with Prayut's wife!!!... so much for reform and change.

I suppose they may go left field and pick Prawit's brother.clap2.gif

Probably more like:

KAMRONWIT: Do you not know who I am???

Have you seen my photo with Thaksin pinning on my insignias of rank? I thought you might have, any further questions, no I didn't think so.

Ah, that explains where the arrogance comes from ...

Unlike the 'do you know who i am" man who is in line to be given the top job.

Nothing will change, Shins or no Shins.

the question arising to me; how did the gun pas the first hurdle... getting out of Thailand.

If the gun was indeed in his medicine bag, without his awareness, why should he be punished more then he is already?

I believe his story is genuine.

Please lets not forget the fact that this mini pistol was identified as unregistered, that is unless he now has a fire arms permit for it from Kaosan Road.

i am pretty sure it was a revolver and not a pistol...

the fact that japanese police where allegedly not able to determinate if his gun was registered or not, does not present a fact of non registration of the weapon inThailand.

get your facts straight and your sources verified...

coffee1.gif you don't call a revolver a pistol... nor do you call pepsi a coke or heineken a beer...giggle.gif

Camronwit gets interrogation postponed
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former Metropolitan Police chief Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank has had his interrogation postponed from Tuesday to July 27, Provincial Police Region 1 chief Lt-General Amnuay Nimmano said.

Camronwit faces questioning over suspicion that he may have taken the gun to Japan via Suvarnabhumi Airport. Camronwit got into trouble on June 22 when he was caught carrying a gun in his carryon luggage as he was getting ready to board a flight out of Tokyo's Narita Airport.

After being detained for 20 days, he was released only after Japanese public prosecutors decided not to take legal action against him.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Camronwit-gets-interrogation-postponed-30264903.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-21

now, not trying to wake up sleeping dogs...

Those machines at the airport, reproduce an 2D image.

Its a persons insight that makes it possible to recognize the shapes of a weapon or the nature of an object.

This is as far as pure X-Ray is concerned.

The hand luggage machine has an extra mechanism, reacting on the items material, coloring on the screen, being it organic matter, chemical, solids and so on.

each time displaying a certain color for a certain material.

if the shape of this tiny revolver was not recognized by its actual position in the medicine bag, and further blocked by the aluminium foil of tablet strips...

it is plausible, that any person could have overlooked it on the used scanners.

with a bitt of effort and the knowledge, you could even hide that type of weapon in your hand luggage, unnoticeable on the scanner, only to find if you knew it was there...

Police generals here are apparently above the laws.
The law is here bent, raped and killed.
A tragedy.
That a few citizen are not subject to the law like any other citizen here, is the worst form of corruption.
So there will never be peace and unity in a society.
It is simply unfair and lawless.
Eventually, the sum of these shameless injustice will cause, that the majority of the people are fully fed up with this bs,
and voila, there is then the next coup.

Make sure he shows up unarmed...

And don't rely on the walk through scanner at the front door, and don't expect the nervous and frightened security / scanning assistant who has had very little to zero training to do anything more thank him with a big frightened wai and no further comment.

Edited by scorecard

Please lets not forget the fact that this mini pistol was identified as unregistered, that is unless he now has a fire arms permit for it from Kaosan Road.

the fact that japanese police where allegedly not able to determinate if his gun was registered or not, does not present a fact of non registration of the weapon inThailand.

coffee1.gif you don't call a revolver a pistol... nor do you call pepsi a coke or heineken a beer...giggle.gif

I was an RAF Armourer and the official Nomenclature for the various Service revolvers was 'Pistol, Revolver. People can write anything they want in Wiki and suchlike but it doesn't make it true. If you don't call Heineken a 'beer' what do you call it?

This attitude just shows that someone thinks he is above the law.... simple as that...

In the BKK post they ran an article saying the guy who refused breathalyzer testing is in line for the police top job, because his is mates with Prawit, and the other candidate is also in the running because his wife is friends with Prayut's wife!!!... so much for reform and change.

I suppose they may go left field and pick Prawit's brother.clap2.gif

Prawit's elder brother has already been police chief under Thaksin which probably explains the govt's cosiness towards this guy and others who were also promoted under Thaksin and Yingluck, including apparently the fellow you mentioned who declined the breathalyzer 5 times. Prayut's brother is in line to be army commander.

I was an RAF Armourer and the official Nomenclature for the various Service revolvers was 'Pistol, Revolver. People can write anything they want in Wiki and suchlike but it doesn't make it true. If you don't call Heineken a 'beer' what do you call it?

Lager , not beer.

I wonder how long it takes for evidence to arrive from Japan in this day and age. I expect the transcripts were translated from Thai to Japanese and will now have to be translated back to Thai again. That takes quite a long time and should also eliminate any inconveniences that might be included in the Japanese report, including the details about the gun having no Thai registration number.

Something like that happened to the evidence of mega corruption by a Thaksinite minister in the purchase of the very CTX scanners that failed to detect Camronwit's gun at Swampy. The U.S. Justice Dept send Thailand a very detailed blow by blow report on the billions that were pocketed but the attorney general's office could make neither head nor tail of the Foreign Ministry's translation and was forced to drop the case which is now half way towards Thailand's ludicrous statute of limitations.

Edited by Dogmatix

"If you don't call Heineken a 'beer' what do you call it? " Cat's piss?

The Japanese determined that there was no Thai registration number on the gun which means it was definitely not registered. Thai police even admitted that it was not in the Interior Ministry's database of registered firearms. Every gun registered inThailand gets alphanumeric serial number in Thai characters engraved on it with the first 2 digits referring to the year of registration. It is simply not possible for the permit to be issued without this but this should not be major problem in this case.