C'mon guys, let's say it clearly

Cletus

I'm no troll, and am serious about my post, with regret.

Am only trying to understand the best way for me to deal with it, and take all this beautiful country can offer me.

I've got a heart with deep feelings, am not a superficial person, and always try to understand what is around me.

Cheers

First 3 months I lived here I thought the same as you.

The check bins were getting up there...........................wink.png

Would suggest 7/11 (300 meters away from schools) but be advised they will want money as well.

Am only trying to understand the best way for me to deal with it, and take all this beautiful country can offer me.

I've got a heart with deep feelings, am not a superficial person, and always try to understand what is around me.

Cheers

There is no other nice or secret way to accept it.

It is what it is, either accept it, have a few drinks over it and move on, or pack up and move elsewhere.

With time, you should be able to become immune to it.

I am here full time almost 15 years, met some people who accept me for me, not for what i supposedly have.

Those are the minority.

After 6 years in the same house, my foul mouth neighbor still thinks i should give her 1 of my cars, because i have 2 and she has none.

She also whines to everybody that i do not speak with her, i think i am hi-so.

I confirmed her assumption, i am hi-so, i own 2 cars, she owns none, so she is no-so for me to talk with her.laugh.png

Edited by konying

The opinions people draw will solely depend on their exposure and level of immersion.

If as a new guy to Thailand you are visiting the 'entertainment' areas and those locations with a high tourist footfall then yes, all 'they' want is your money, but not just your money, anyones money, Thai tourists too.

However, visit the more 'normal' areas and you will experience a more 'normal' side of life where the expectations of you and your wallet are no different to those Thai's around you.

whistling.gif Oh you've been here 3 months already and you already know all about Thailand....is that it?

(male cow fecal matter) ....come back and talk to us when you've been here in 20 years or so...maybe married and raised a family.

Maybe worked and paid some Thai taxes.....or can speak enough Thai to talk to some Thais you know well in their native language.

Otherwise your opinion is just (male cow fecal matter).

Cheers

What you are saying is mostly true, we are not guests in this country, we are only tolerated. I have been here nearly ten years and

I would say the good in Thailand far out weighs the bad, probably no matter what western country you come from.

whistling.gif Oh you've been here 3 months already and you already know all about Thailand....is that it?

(male cow fecal matter) ....come back and talk to us when you've been here in 20 years or so...maybe married and raised a family.

Maybe worked and paid some Thai taxes.....or can speak enough Thai to talk to some Thais you know well in their native language.

So you think we need 20 years to be able to evaluate a place?

That would make it rather difficult to compare places, wouldn't it?

So you think we need 20 years to be able to evaluate a place?

That would make it rather difficult to compare places, wouldn't it?

No but I think he is right in that you have "live" here. In as much have a family work here, deal with the institutions, such as the schools, the police, the courts etc..maybe deal with an unsavoury business partner or 2, a bg or 2 etc..learn the language..experiences.

It's not about duration, but the longer you are here naturally you get exposed to a lot more..eg. I enjoyed working here initially ( great job) and then preferred to take overseas contracts, thought the local catholic school was good enough for my daughter..once I understood what it was really like..had no alternative but to remove her to an international school etc....

Money is really really important..that's one constant..

Sorry but what else should they want from the farang?

Should they gather around, gaze up in quiet reverence and beg the white man to impart his wisdom on how they might best attain the "enlightenment" that people in our own countries have enjoyed since time without end while humbly offering him the virginity of their first born?

There seems to be a lot more people on Thaivisa needing reassurance and validation lately.

Let me say it clearly - YOU AIN'T SPECIAL - especially around the tourist traps

Uttertosh from a guy here three months. Recently I met 2 young buffalo cows (2 months into gap year) who had to say " I live here" every 5 minutes. What Rubbish! Edited by arunsakda

Should they gather around, gaze up in quiet reverence and beg the white man to impart his wisdom on how they might best attain the "enlightenment" that people in our own countries have enjoyed since time without end while humbly offering him the virginity of their first born?

There seems to be a lot more people on Thaivisa needing reassurance and validation lately.

"What else could they want from the farang" you ask.

Maybe they could ask us to teach them about buddhism - I'm not one myself, but I think there are far more buddhists in Farangland than in Thailand.

You're foaming at the mouth again.