750,000 Baht, Fresh ideas for 3 bed 2 floors

750, 000 baht would be tough but with some adjustments this two bedroom plan has posibilities

http://www.banpatan.com/narrowwidthhouseplan/

bp1601.jpg

additional bedroom and other rooms can be added downstairs at the time of build or later

hipolehome03.jpg

I would eliminate the Buddha room and make the living room bigger, eliminate rear staircase, rear bathroom and rear balcony thus reducing the price and making the Master bedroom much larger, or add a walk in closet where the rear bathroom is.

or bring the kichen downstairs and make the kitchen area in to a third bedroom

Good Lucksmile.png

Edited by sirineou

750,000 will not buy anything in Thailand .... minimum needed is around 1,200,000 ...

lower price for standard block & tile estimate 14,000 - 16,000 baht / sq meter so even at 1.2 mil you'll probably only get something around 80-85 sq meters which is very small.

Prices for materials have gone up considerably in the past 5-10 years ... that's why you can't buy under 1 mil any more but you could 10 years ago.

Edited by steven100

Look at natural construction. It is a growing movement in Thailand, and has a lot of merit. By using local materials such as mud and straw, you can build 30cm. thick walls, which keep the house cool during the warm months. Brick is a terrible material for Thailand, and its weather anyway. It keeps the cost down, as brick and concrete are quite expensive these days. It will not be a conventional looking home, but there are a lot of adobe type designs that are quite beautiful. I am going to be building a home with this method, at some point in the near future.

I think it’s a question about where you are going to build – local craftsmen at a fair rate – and choice of materials. Up Isaan you can find (very) affordable local work teams, and (all) materials you buy yourself; however you need to be there during construction. Normally today you will count 10k to 15k per square meter, but your choice of materials – which still may make the house look very nice – can bring the square meter cost a bit down. Avoid too fancy solutions and keep the construction at a level, the workers are used too. You seem to head for something around 7,500 to 9,000 baht per square meter – some 80 to 100 square meters total.

Wish you good luck with your project...smile.png

Budget: 750k THB
Plan: 2storey, 3bedrooms...

Sorry Jason, but I'm here half a lifetime and good quarter of my life time I was working in property and construction in LOS... The 750k will not even pay for the material! It's 2015!!!! not 1990. Sorry for the bad news.

Try a knock down house, but even that won't happen 2-storey for 750k I figure.

This however might be of interest to you: Sustainable green earthen home, something I gonna try myself one day on our farm: http://www.earthhomethailand.com/

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Blitzkrieg Bob

Edited by Blitzkrieg Bob

The OP hasn't stated where he is, and that will play a part in construction costs.

It's still very much possible to build brick and tile to lockup stage for ~10,000 Baht/sqm - if you're upcountry - but his "two storey" would have to become just a house on stilts, and he'd need to squeeze a lot of rooms into a very small floor area.

The traditional "Thai Style" he's talking about (i.e. wood box on stilts) is very much doable though.

Edited by IMHO

OP ... you will not be able to build a 2 story block for 750k.

You will be able to build a single story block & tile for around 750k ... 80-90sq m

You will be able to build a 2 story ... 'thai' style wood house with block in below .... for 850k-900k ....

For 750k you will get a 2 bed, 1 bathroom, block & tile, standard fittings.

I know, I just had one house built and it worked out at around 700k-800k ....

But the cost will increase slightly, depending on where you want to build as material costs vary ...

Edited by steven100

Our OP needs to give us more pointers to what he considers "a more contemporary Eco style" as anything that deviates from what the contractor / workers are used to will push up the cost significantly and send the possibility of error through the roof.

Also an idea as to what floor area he considers adequate, some of us have 3 bed homes that have floor areas of >>300m2 which will obviously be outside the range that he's considering.

Mud and straw buildings are commonplace in places like Ukraine and can last well, giving the option of external cladding at a later date, or I suggest you go to one of the banks, such as Kasikorn, and ask them for lists of their repossessed properties. Otherwise you will get a house you will be disappointed with and not even reach your specifications!

OP ... this is the type of house you can build 750k - standard fittings.

018housebuild.jpg

My wife and I have the same roof tile as your house; its a very pretty choice. It appears though, that you still have a way to go before this house is completed. The doors and windows can be very expensive (unless you go with traditional wood-style windows).

I do not have the full tally of the cost of my wife's house, for which I gave 1,000,000 for the seed money, but since then, she has spent her own money to make what it is today. Here's a pic:

post-11737-0-83145200-1438571797_thumb.j

OP ... this is the type of house you can build 750k - standard fittings.

018housebuild.jpg

My wife and I have the same roof tile as your house; its a very pretty choice. It appears though, that you still have a way to go before this house is completed. The doors and windows can be very expensive (unless you go with traditional wood-style windows).

I do not have the full tally of the cost of my wife's house, for which I gave 1,000,000 for the seed money, but since then, she has spent her own money to make what it is today. Here's a pic:

attachicon.gifimage001.jpg

Looks good Gumballl, I haven't seen that design before ...

Looks good Gumballl, I haven't seen that design before ...

We got it from a home design book we purchased at a book store (at The Mall in Korat). I would have preferred a three bedroom home, but settled on the two bedroom style due to my desire to spend as little money as possible.

The house is about 1250 sq. feet, which is very tiny compared to my expectations for a home. But it serves us well (including our two daughters) when we visit Thailand.

My wife recently expanded the rear patio of the house with a roof extension, thus offering us another 360 sq. feet of shaded area during the afternoons.

I've mentioned this in other threads, and I will mention it again... my wife is very fortunate that her brothers are in the home-construction profession. So for the majority of the work done on her home, all she had to do was purchase materials. Work does progress very slowwwly (for the brothers do have regular contract work Monday-Saturday), but it does get done.

Edited by Gumballl