Russian revived from coma, faces charge for Phuket motorbike crash that killed fiancé

webfact

So he is charged with reckless driving causing death yet the Red Bull brat, Honda killer and now the HiSO mixed race actress get away with it. Whats wrong with this picture folks?

All three you mention got charged.

Yep.....that was about it.......

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a farang and you have an accident, believe me, you will get 'screwed' if its your fault or not. I was on my m/c stopped with both my feet on the road. A taxi hit me by moving to its left. Taxi driver produced 2 "witnesses" who saw me overtaking at speed ! Yes the police made me pay the cabbie for damages to his car.

An extremely sad situation for Koltsov.

What many tourists do not realize is that without an international driving permit (IDP) or Thai driver's license, any insurance is invalid. Even if he had one of the aforementioned, we do not know if he was covered by insurance without reading the 'fine print' of the policy.

There are thousands and thousands of people driving around Thailand thinking they are insured when they're not.

Skidding on a wet road that a Russian had never traveled on before should not even be considered a crime unless you are a farang. The police see that all damages were paid for and now looking to get there moment of glory and a little more in fines. If this happened to a Thai couple you would have not ever read about it. And the damages still would not be paid. Normal Thai police action which is so sad to read but normal police action against tourist. Tourist are there golden goose!

Neither the rented bike nor the police vehicle had insurance? Odd that the victim's family should have paid for the damages.

welcome to Thailand

In America we would call this money grabbing farce Bul- Sh-t !!!

The bike rental will fleece him for cost of a brand new bike, do 1200 baht worth of repair, wash and rent it out tomorrow. The hospital will overcharge him. The cops will take their pound of flesh, he'll fly away and be free to come back as soon as he wishes. He probably won't be back soon the depth of this horrible tragedy sets in.

Would the punishment be more harsh if it happened in Russia? In America if he caused a death while driving drunk he would be going to prison for a long while, plus years of probation and huge fines. Unless he is wealthy and has a very good legal team. Then just fines, probation, maybe house arrest. Regardless, the family could sue him at civil court and get the full economic value of a life. Another life down the drain. Smart kids call a taxi.

Edited by arunsakda

Skidding on a wet road that a Russian had never traveled on before should not even be considered a crime unless you are a farang. The police see that all damages were paid for and now looking to get there moment of glory and a little more in fines. If this happened to a Thai couple you would have not ever read about it. And the damages still would not be paid. Normal Thai police action which is so sad to read but normal police action against tourist. Tourist are there golden goose!

It's not a crime, but a violation, just like speeding.

Regarding the Thai couple, bs, it is sop here that all guilte in an accident get fined, normally 500 Baht.

Never assume without all the facts. It's possible and more than likely it was bad tires on the motorcycle and wet roads that caused the accident. Not wreckless driving. Since it was a rental bike. Maybe if had proper tires this wouldn't have happened. don't forget most thai police are evil scumbag thai police with dark hearts. And with one rider dead and other in coma Noone can give other side of story.

Edited by ilovethais

• 2 weeks later...