Soldiers remove Thaksin birthday wish banner in Phrae

webfact

"The fabric banner carrying a message written in red paint reads July 26, wish Thaksin lives several ten thousand years.

Typical PT nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality.

The '10,000 years' is referencing Glorious Leader Thaksin to Chairman Mao who we were told would also live this long:

Wanxui in Chinese = Banzai in Japanese = "Ten Thousand Years!"

Thais don't use this - though maybe some Sino-Thais do - they say "Chaiyo!" = Hooray, Bravo!

I find it rather strange that the banner should use this Sino-Japanese formula instead of the Thai.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10,000 year Reich,thats even more than Hitler asked for,

and look what happen to him.

regards Worgeordie

is there some tenuous connection between Thaksin and Hitler's Reich in your mind wg?

Aren't Hitler signs are allowed in Thailand?

So are KFC signs. What has that got to do with Thaksin?

Go easy on the catnip. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of removing Thaksin banners.

Don't be upset because the majority of Thai people love Thaksin and they don't even like you. You know better than the people and you are making great sacrifices to prevent them from exercising their will. Thank-you for saving the people from themselves, but bear in mind that they will never praise you for your efforts to "save" the country.

Aren't Hitler signs are allowed in Thailand?

So are KFC signs. What has that got to do with Thaksin?

Go easy on the catnip. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of removing Thaksin banners.

Sorry about that, I just OD'd on the stuff, you made a point and I agree, what difference does a silly plastic sign hanging from a tree, make. Very silly reaction by the PTB..

Don't be upset because the majority of Thai people love Thaksin and they don't even like you. You know better than the people and you are making great sacrifices to prevent them from exercising their will. Thank-you for saving the people from themselves, but bear in mind that they will never praise you for your efforts to "save" the country.

Which majority of Thai people would that be?

Have you done a survey of even 1% of Thais in all the provinces?

Uh, maybe I'm just dense, but is it now illegal to wish someone Happy Birthday? What law did they break?

I am sure there will be a law covering hanging banners etc on roads/highwys otherwise every man and his dog would be doing it. Do you really think it is a sensible way to wish someone birthday wishes if that person is in another country and will not see it anyway ? Maybe you are dense if you can't see this was just redshirt propaganda.

"The fabric banner carrying a message written in red paint reads July 26, wish Thaksin lives several ten thousand years.

Typical PT nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality.

Typical PT nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality

Same as Typical Democrat nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality.

The reason Dems in Thailand have not won an election in more than 20 years.

Only the barrels of an armed coup guarantees them ascent to power, not the will of the people.

I am not enamored of PT historical performance. I am not a cheerleader for the Dems either.

Remember, Pleak Phibunsongkhram, Sarit, 2006, et all? Same, same only different times for the dysfunctional semi-feudal patronage system and events.

One good aspect of Thainess is the patient endurance of the people to wait until the balance of power is restored to a quasi-democracy to then express their will.

Note to Anti-PTnistas: Please, flame me with valid, rational, factual arguments. Name calling and taking the thread ad hominem only shows lack of intellectual.prowess.

Okay, will answer your request, "get off". There, does that fulfill your desire, at least today, to be noticed. Always happy to do my civic duty in lending a hand to those less unfortunate. Hope the rest of the day goes well for you.

Your post is a non-answer to mine, a non sequitur (look it up).

You took thread and post ad hominem (look it up).

Wanting to say something doesn't mean to have something to say.

How hard is it to stay on topic? Obviously, to some, an impossibility.

Your Post and response illustrates you have been living under a rock for some time. All your questions have previously been answered and discussed on this forum, but I suppose if you keep coming up with the same old rubbishy stuff you will believe yourself. If you spend more time on keeping up with things instead of looking up words in the Dictionery to try and impress people, your posts will be more credible

forget about it Thailand .... move on !!

Well said !

Thailand will move on as soon as the people have an opportunity to express their will in elections free from gun barrels or coercion .

As supported by the majority of Thailand ... most agree that Thailand is far better off now under the Military than it was before the takeover.

At least there is some form of stability now ... before it was just kaos ...

Now there is control, which was needed to stop the unruly lawlessness and thuggery that existed when the red shirts were making trouble.

Thailand is far better now than before , and if you cannot see that then you need to see an eye doctor...

coffee1.gif I like many .... hope Prime Minister Prayuth stays in for a very long time .... he's the only one who can get this country back on it's feet.

As supported by the majority of Thailand ... most agree that Thailand is far better off now under the Military than it was before the takeover.

and how would you know that to be true? poll results from the happiness folks over at Master Poll? cheesy.gif

Come on, the only people who think the country is better off under military rule are the ones cheering for the "intervention" in the first place. They're happy as pigs in a poke...

But you might recall that they are the minority... which is the reason that the Generals are their only path to power... They do not represent the majority of Thailand...

I, like many, hope that the army are thrown out of politics forever so that Thailand can become a normal country and live up to it's potential...

I agree with your last sentence. With the caveats that neither convicted criminal fugitives nor hiso elites be allowed to corrupt the processes, checks and balances and make a mockery of what passes for democracy.

Course they do, worship him like the true deliverer he is. Salt of the earth, profound, honest as the day is long and generous to a fault. All the Shins are loved, honored and feted where'ere they go. They, like you, are deluded enough to believe the <deleted> they trot out.

Yep, a few of the Thai people "love" him for as long as the last 500 baht they got paid to lasts. Sort of short times really; and short memories.

Had the corrupt Amnesty bill been cheated into law, as planned, can you imagine the staged adulation that would have been laid on with all pomp and circumstance to "welcome" the fugitive home? Eat your heart out NK.

Well said !

Thailand will move on as soon as the people have an opportunity to express their will in elections free from gun barrels or coercion .

Now there is control, which was needed to stop the unruly lawlessness and thuggery that existed when the red shirts were making trouble.

Thailand is far better now than before , and if you cannot see that then you need to see an eye doctor...

coffee1.gif I like many .... hope Prime Minister Prayuth stays in for a very long time .... he's the only one who can get this country back on it's feet.

Some people are evidently living in a fantasy world. If you really want peace and stability and no chaos move to North Korea. I guarantee you will love it.

Back to the topic I wonder if the banner would have been left hanging if

- text in yellow

- text including "our most favourite criminal fugitive"

Furthermore I wonder how long a banner congratulating a criminal fugitive would be left hanging in certain so-called democratic Western countries.

Well said !

What a grovelling, sick-making post. Name one thing the junta has done for us Reg.

quote "But you might recall that they are the minority... which is the reason that the Generals are their only path to power... They do not represent the majority of Thailand..."

come on, you're not that slow are you???

the way that I know that is by looking at the election results for the last 20 years.

coffee1.gif

Right , look at the election results for the last 20 years, look a yourself screaming for an election, and look how many Thais care enough to express an opinion, let alone get off their bum to protest. One of these days you will work out that the vast majority just want to get on with making a buck and living their lives.

The junta won't allow them to express an opinion or protest, you know this as well as I do.

Well said !

What a grovelling, sick-making post. Name one thing the junta has done for us Reg.

"done for us"? Are you Thai or was that just figure of speech?

Anyway, in this case soldiers removed a banner with text in RED wishing a criminal fugitive a happy birthday and ten thousands years more. In some countries with people with a different sense of humour a smaller banner would have been placed under with text "lodging arranged"

Well said !

Nice flame jesimps, was it because you were "baited" and took it hook, line and sinker ?

I cannot think of anything the junta has done for me, but they have caused me no harm either.

I ofter think about the innocent people who were killed by the redshirts pre-coup, and find myself thinking that could have been my wife and son, in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thankfully that seems to have stopped.

(I suppose tbthailand will attack me for saying that and label me a junta-lover. But I never did take offense to anything he says)

Personally, the whole time I was in Chiang Mai since the coup happened I would not have known there was a coup. I have no reason to complain and the Thai people I know don't seem to care too much.

Mind you if I went to a "red" village it would be a different story. biggrin.png

Typical PT nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality

Same as Typical Democrat nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality.

The reason Dems in Thailand have not won an election in more than 20 years.

Only the barrels of an armed coup guarantees them ascent to power, not the will of the people.

I am not enamored of PT historical performance. I am not a cheerleader for the Dems either.

Remember, Pleak Phibunsongkhram, Sarit, 2006, et all? Same, same only different times for the dysfunctional semi-feudal patronage system and events.

One good aspect of Thainess is the patient endurance of the people to wait until the balance of power is restored to a quasi-democracy to then express their will.

Note to Anti-PTnistas: Please, flame me with valid, rational, factual arguments. Name calling and taking the thread ad hominem only shows lack of intellectual.prowess.

Okay, will answer your request, "get off". There, does that fulfill your desire, at least today, to be noticed. Always happy to do my civic duty in lending a hand to those less unfortunate. Hope the rest of the day goes well for you.

Your post is a non-answer to mine, a non sequitur (look it up).

You took thread and post ad hominem (look it up).

Wanting to say something doesn't mean to have something to say.

How hard is it to stay on topic? Obviously, to some, an impossibility.

Hey! This is an English-only forum!!!! ;-)

Uh, maybe I'm just dense, but is it now illegal to wish someone Happy Birthday? What law did they break?

Maybe you are and the law is called, martial law, still selectively enforced in CM Province.

Nah they got rid of that, remember? It didn't give the junta enough power!

I was in error by asking if illegal. Law has nothing to do with what the police or army enforce. They just follow orders. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of thy law"

Mikemac wrote:

QUOTE:

"I ofter think about the innocent people who were killed by the redshirts pre-coup, and find myself thinking that could have been my wife and son, in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Indeed !! Imagine you had been inside a Wat, seeking refugee from the hail of bullets that suddenly erupted and you, your wife and son were hit by one of those bullets, such as the ones that killed Paramedics and innocents citizens inside the Wat while the Army continued its labor of pacification.

The courts, after a long protracted investigation that started during Abhisit-Suthep tenure, has upheld and maintained the results: the victims inside the Wat were killed by Army bullets from a BTS overpass nearby.

I guess for some, the color of bullets if they are yellow pink or purple is OK because they come sanctioned by those who know better what is good for the country.

Democrat bullets killing people...? that's OK. Reds: bad. bad. bad !!! Army in power? Yes, yes, yes !! Army good! They know how to keep Reds at bay.

Any similarity with bias or fanaticism is purely the result of tunnel vision.

Perhaps the nameless Red-Shirt, who presumably paid for & put up the banner, should just have sent his hero a birthday-card instead ? rolleyes.gif

But then that wouldn't have provoked the soldiers into removing his banner, with the negative publicity generated, so perhaps the objective was merely political rather than celebrating some former-PM's 66th-birthday. wink.png

Perhaps the nameless Red-Shirt, who presumably paid for & put up the banner, should just have sent his hero a birthday-card instead ? rolleyes.gif

But then that wouldn't have provoked the soldiers into removing his banner, with the negative publicity generated, so perhaps the objective was merely political rather than celebrating some former-PM's 66th-birthday. wink.png

Oh Blue spunk is that faction or fraction?

Use my user name properly if you want to discuss anything with me

P.S. consult with others before attempting humour as you are not very good at it.

have you got the Blues PUNK!!!!!