New trend of young, educated Thai women with farang husbands emerges: researcher

webfact

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have responded to my post too well.

Patts - working girl - you are a young stud - you are employed?

Perfect match

What a hell are you on about? Damn right she is a working girl making her own living at international company in Bangkok. I make my own money as she does. Maybe it's all a bit weird to some old people who lost the plot but most couples would rather be with someone their own age and go through life together, making their own future than relying on some old man and their pension. This is prostitution regardless of the country you are in.

Take care

In Italy have a say.....

When you are in your late 20s you have ALL the women you wanted....but...you do not know what to do with them......

When you are in your late 30s... you do know what to do with them...but you do not have ALL the women you wanted.....

When you are in your late 50s you are in your prime...but.. sometimes...you do not have ANY women...

How an old Italian resolved that problem?.....

Moving to Thailand..when not only beautiful women lives...also intelligent and savvy women.

Morals?....When men are TOO young they always believe that they do know EVERYTHING.....specially about WOMEN.

Some men... never learn.

Women...always learn.

That is one of the reasons why more and more young women prefer older men.,,,,and not just for sex. Wisdom.

Lets give it a rest!!!!!! Enough said on that topic. Let's move on to something else.

I find this discussion very intriguing and want to learn from others about their personal situations and family life here. How do they prepare for their futures?

So why move on? I am pleased to see a lot of young foreign men are starting families with ambitious Thai ladies, but I also wonder whether this (hopefully) might influence Thai immigration and ownership laws.

A Farang at the age of 55 with one or two ex-wives at home will hardly get a girlfriend anywhere.

The new trend to marry young Farangs may only last as long as there are no divorces. As soon as kids are there, the question where to raise them will come up.

It's all not that easy in tge long run, but good to see that someone started to investigate.

Actually, not true.

I have an older cousin that age in the US. He is a bus driver, divorced four times, just declared bankruptcy, lost his teeth due to too much smoking....and has a 29 year-old business-owner girlfriend that I met on my last visit.

Meanwhile, I am younger than he, more physically fit, better groomed and dressed, never divorced, and far better off with regard to education and finance. However, while I have had absolutely no trouble getting women in the US, I have found very few Thai women that would even give me a second glance (outside of girlie bars), let alone pursue me. I shirt you not, not one sign of interest from middle class or HiSo Thais in my two years living in Bangkok and many years of previous visits.

So, I guess it really depends, but for certain it is also possible to get a much younger gf or wife in the west. And it is far from clear that many middle class Thai women will prefer or even consider farangs.

consider yourself lucky. imo the % of mid to upper levels interesting, emotionally stable, outside the box critically thinking, with hobbies, interests,dynamic, progressive, internationally sophisticated etc etc is exceedingly small. oh, forgot reliability and organization.

Not true, There are plenty of educated liberal minded women in Bangkok who are struggling to find a partner. Especially for this specific category of women its difficult to find a suitable Thai partner. Asian societies put a stigma on women in their late 20's or 30's who are educated, self reliant and assertive. And with more women studying abroad and having access to global social networks, it's logic that foreign partners become interesting. Same applies in Japan or Korea.

Thai women, in general, marry their childhood or University sweethearts, or choose their partner through their parents. When they miss this window of opportunity they end up single, in contrast to Western women.

My wife is internationally educated, liberal minded, assertive, earns far more than I do, is pretty to me, a great mother, and can certainly think out of the box.

If you have the feeling that the majority of Thai women you meet are emotionally unstable, you might have to take a look in the mirror. You find what you're looking for.

"internationally educated" to quote your own words. what % of the female population do you suppose is internationally educated ?

​then, among the internationally educated are the ones that actually expand horizons versus those who dont. case in point, a female friend that i consider g7 high function (abac grad and uk masters near native english ability) tells me about the great majority of her educated female colleagues at the international division of a very big company. they obtained "trophy masters degrees" from english speaking developed countries to return to thailand where the keen interest is copying personal fashion from lakorn tv, watched religiously.

​the way a husband perceives the wife is also related to his own horizons in life. not necessarily referring to you but many farangs in thailand dont set the bar too high.

Too many old farts are commenting in this thread, this is about love between young educated people, please move on wink.png

In Italy have a say.....

When you are in your late 20s you have ALL the women you wanted....but...you do not know what to do with them......

When you are in your late 30s... you do know what to do with them...but you do not have ALL the women you wanted.....

When you are in your late 50s you are in your prime...but.. sometimes...you do not have ANY women...

How an old Italian resolved that problem?.....

Moving to Thailand.

Morals?....When men are TOO young they always believe that they do know EVERYTHING.....specially about WOMEN.

Some men... never learn.

Women...always learn.

That is one of the reasons why many young women prefer older men.

Sorry..I posted this comment two times by mistake.

Without ol' farts, would there be a quality ThaiVisa?

What can a younger dude offer that an ol' dude cannot (besides longevity)?

Maybe what the younger dude has to offer is not in demand by the Thai lady.

Another bitter, delusional old man.

What do these exceptional young males have to offer?

Why come to LOS - inexperienced in the world; business; women

Unshaven, half-dressed, uncouth

Thailand does not need/want them - refer visa conditions

This is what I wonder about. Young farangs are already earning the reputation of being butterflies. It seems many guys living in the west are meeting Thai girls online with the intention of shagging as many as possible before they settle down and marry a farang woman. But will this reputation be extended to older farangs as well?

It is very easy to be a butterfly in Thailand if you are young, good looking and with a lot of time in your hand. More if you are just passing by. Money is not always a need. Thai women knows that, specially the independent and cultured ones, that will prefer hook up with a foreigner working or retired here..and the older ones. An older farang married with a more younger woman probably will not cheat...something that most Thai men do just to gain "prestige" with its pals. And, doing that, those Thai men are neglecting everyone of those women, sometimes even with abuse and violence. Most informed is an Asian woman about other cultures, more choices she will have...and that is a changing marriage trend around the world..... where many more women are also choosing to stay single....or be a single mother. Thailand is not an exception.....Change is on the way.

Edited by Muzarella

Many people all around the world are attracted to the exotic, pretty much every average looking human goes up a few notches in perceived attractiveness once they are transplanted to an area where their features are not commonplace.

Actually there is an interesting theory.

That the human genepool is so small and we all come from such a small group, estimated to have been only around 5000 strong, that we are programmed by mother nature to be attracted to those different from us in order to diversify the genepool as much as possible.

Agree....with a plus. Thai with Western are the source of very beautiful babies.... models and movie stars.

You have better luck than I all see are ugly babies being wheeled by old poor Farangs

I have never seen a mixed baby in Pattaya that is not ugly and many are also retarded

No. It's funny to see the posts of old farts on ThaiVisa, while the younger dudes get the young Thai ladies.

Quite obviously, young Thai ladies want them. But you don't care what the ladies want, do you?

In my 35 years I've managed to

- Live long term in 4 continents, travel to 5 of them, spending a total of 12 years away from home

- Manage businesses within 3 jurisdictions, occasionally simultaneously.

- Get skilled enough in my profession to work for Nasdaq and FTSE companies, and easily gain work as a consultant.

- Have a long term and happy marriage with an attractive university educated Thai woman (of my own age), that I happened to meet at a time when I was poor.

- Save up enough cash to build a 4 bed detached pool villa, and fund land close to the beach big enough to build 6 of them, be able to work out how to protect myself legally in that regard, in the event my wife dies before me.

- Still have 30 income generating years remaining, though will probably just use 10 - 15 of them.

I don't shave every day though, as it happens - perhaps once a week. Haven't worn a suit for 5 years. Certainly uncouth at times.

Funnily enough my immigration experiences differ from that of many of the older people on here, probably because I can show funds in the bank without issue.

Just cos many of the old codgers out here screwed up their life and scrape by skint on a minimal pension doesn't mean that every young expat out here has it worse than them.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Strong words re ol' farts.

I have been on a retirement visa for 13 years, no govt handouts; retired at age 42.

As a general statement, I will not dispute but there are exceptions.

I have some good old codger friends really smile.png - I did say 'many' not all.

My point is that there are quite a few younger expats that are experienced in the world, business and women and that would be considered successful by any measure, regardless of age. And that with this in mind, there is a lot more to the equation than longevity.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

I have some good old codger friends really smile.png - I did say 'many' not all.

My point is that there are quite a few younger expats that are experienced in the world, business and women and that would be considered successful by any measure, regardless of age. And that with this in mind, there is a lot more to the equation than longevity.

I understand exactly what you mean. My husband is older than you. He is great but still very naive about woman. Age really not something you can use to judge people.

But it's sensible when older people smarter than you cuz they live longer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Puggaddong

When I met the lovely girl I later married here in BKK, she also had two Thai guys courting her.

One owns a hotel in Hua Hin, the other comes from a family of wealth. He wears Armani and drives a black Mercedes Benz.

Why did she not choose a man of equal or higher status within her own culture? I have questioned this more than once.

The first; was more a friend and there was not the physical attraction or chemistry. He is slightly shorter in height to that of my wife.

The second; she did not feel at ease within his presence. More the case, she would have to change the person she is, to fit his ego, family, and lifestyle. Also a great likelihood there'd be infidelity. She would not accept.

Why me?

We are both middle class and University educated. We've both worked hard in our respective careers and possess similar ideals and wishes for the future (our future).

I am just a little older.

Physically, we are both tall and lean. We look great together and out bodies match.

She is 176cm and was naturally attracted to a tall, physically strong lean man with hair and no tattoos.

Financial stability is a factor also; that's on both sides.

We both first had a genuine physical attraction, and found we have similar wishes, wants, drives and desires.

We are honest and our fidelity will never be compromised.

We love one another beyond belief.

It makes me happy to see other younger western men partnered with same in Thai girl. Yes, the trend is changing.

Many people all around the world are attracted to the exotic, pretty much every average looking human goes up a few notches in perceived attractiveness once they are transplanted to an area where their features are not commonplace.

That the human genepool is so small and we all come from such a small group, estimated to have been only around 5000 strong, that we are programmed by mother nature to be attracted to those different from us in order to diversify the genepool as much as possible.

Agree....with a plus. Thai with Western are the source of very beautiful babies.... models and movie stars.

You have better luck than I all see are ugly babies being wheeled by old poor Farangs

I have never seen a mixed baby in Pattaya that is not ugly and many are also retarded

Good Observations Ray Charles, I cannot walk into Tesco in without everybody Stopping and looking at my daughter, nonsense

No. It's funny to see the posts of old farts on ThaiVisa, while the younger dudes get the young Thai ladies.
Wrong...

A couple of years back in Bangkok I sat by the window in a cafe on the site of an ex farang 'haunt' and every once in a while an old fat foreigner would walk past looking very bewildered and lost.

Thats the feeling I get from some of the people here

Another one I had to try and stop laughing at, surely this person who conducted this research DI NOT go anywhere near sukhumvit especially nana hahaha cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

agaim why I live here is because I love to laugh at all the ATK's

agree. lets try an analogy. trump is the older more experienced richer guy. pitt the younger less experienced

say in america a young, bright, attractive, educated gal is offered an opportunity to date donald trump (a lot more money) or brad pitt with the predisposition of it possibly leading to a serious relationship. assuming she does not have a grandpa fetish

which one ya think she'd choose ?

Edited by atyclb

agree. lets try an analogy. trump is the older more experienced richer guy. pitt the younger less experienced

say in america a young, bright, attractive, educated gal is offered an opportunity to date donald trump (a lot more money) or brad pitt with the predisposition of it possibly leading to a serious relationship. assuming she does not a grandpa fetish

BOTH!

She'd marry Trump, and shag Pitt on the side.

say in america a young, bright, attractive, educated gal is offered an opportunity to date donald trump (a lot more money) or brad pitt with the predisposition of it possibly leading to a serious relationship. assuming she does not a grandpa fetish

BOTH!

She'd marry Trump, and shag Pitt on the side.

hmmm, perhaps that same analogous fate awaits the older farang husbands ???

who would have thought the young handsome fit unkempt farangs would be chasing wives of old farangs, not I .

Edited by atyclb

Good Observations Ray Charles, I cannot walk into Tesco in without everybody Stopping and looking at my daughter, nonsense

I've known and seen quite a few children to Farangs,so far thankfully I've only known two children that were either physically or mentally wanting, both to young farangs,one male,one female and their Thai spouses.

My wife is quite petit so altho I'm 6'2 I'm slightly worried when I have kids they will be midgets

You can't tell in advance.

Do you know Mendel's laws of inheritance?

perhaps not a good idea to bring up mendels. if the thai family hear the word "inheritance" we may read about another elderly suicide.