Largest 3G data packages?

ryanhull

Hi All,

I am looking for a data package with the largest download limit, I know they say unlimited with fair usage policy but I think after 6GB or whatever they drop down to an unusable speed....

I have heard that AIS offer 12gb package which is not too bad, at the moment I would say I use around 1gb a day and that is without streaming from my smart TV.

I also wondered if anyone knows anything about what TOT3G offer in regards to data packages?

Thanks

Hey good call... not fully sure of the AIS speeds out here in the sticks, I know true is really fast.... although the mrs says its good she doesn't even know what HSPDA means lol and always complains H on her phone means no internet?

10GB sounds good but I have a feeling that will be expensive

Just seen at AIS.

http://www.ais.co.th...=mobile_package

12 GB for the first three months for 799 Baht.

After that 10 GB for 1699 Baht.

Incl. unlimited WiFi access.

Just buy and register a new SIM card after 3 months tongue.png

I do not see a 12gb for 799 only 4GB + 4GB free for 3 months, not sure where your see`ing 12gb cheers

Hey good call... not fully sure of the AIS speeds out here in the sticks, I know true is really fast.... although the mrs says its good she doesn't even know what HSPDA means lol and always complains H on her phone means no internet?

10GB sounds good but I have a feeling that will be expensive

Just seen at AIS.

http://www.ais.co.th...=mobile_package

12 GB for the first three months for 799 Baht.

After that 10 GB for 1699 Baht.

Incl. unlimited WiFi access.

Just buy and register a new SIM card after 3 months tongue.png

I do not see a 12gb for 799 only 4GB + 4GB free for 3 months, not sure where your see`ing 12gb cheers

799 Baht *** Max 3G speed for 4 GB * 3G max speed for 12 GB

(1st - 3rd billing cycle)

Unlimited AIS WiFi
Edited by KhunBENQ

They all (DTAC/TRUE/AIS)offer 12 GB for 854 bht. But with AIS it is only for three months.

I dont think TRUE do mate, you got a source?

My source says 1099 for 14 GB at True.

But for the first 6 months you even get 6 GB extra.

So 20 GB for the first 6 months.

Biggest I have seen so far.

True has a strange understanding of "English" tongue.png :

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/4g/packages/inet/entry/1246?ln=en

True markets "4G". I have no experience with them in terms of coverage and real life speeds.

20 GB: still not more than what I use on my fibre connection in 4 days or so rolleyes.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

Happy DTAC: *104*343*9#imgPhone.gif 12 GB for 854 bt inc of VAT

TrueMove: Have an iNet SIM package from 699 + VAT that gives you 6GB + a bonus of 3GB for six months . 899 + VAT for 10GB + 4GB or 1099 + VAT for 14GB + 6GB.

If you are running out of data on any of the above, you can apply an Add-on of 5GB for 299 + VAT or 10GB for 499 + VAT

So with TRUE you can have up to 30GB per month for six months, then 24GB afterwards. Of course, after six months you can just start the process all over again if the offer still stands at that time.

Details here and here

post-25153-0-91463900-1438093972_thumb.j

post-25153-0-54163500-1438093988_thumb.j

Cheers all going to upgrade my 3g modem and bag a http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/product/detail/3126/Shared_WiFi_4G_100_Mbps.#promotion with the 4g mifi 14gb at 999 with that device

That's a relatively expensive modem. If you have friends/family in the UK, you can get one of these: Huawei E5573S-320 for £29.99 by giving 30 days notice to cancel the contract when they receive it.

Specs:

ZTE MF90: http://www.ztedevice.com/product/Mobile_Hotspot/6712c639-c861-412b-8f4d-db6836995e3d.html

Huawei E5573S-320: http://www.4gltemall.com/huawei-e5573-4g-lte-cat4-mobile-hotspot.html

In addition, the Huawei is open to any network, whilst it could be that the ZTE is locked to TRUE MOVE.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

That's a relatively expensive modem. If you have friends/family in the UK, you can get one of these: Huawei E5573S-320 for £29.99 by giving 30 days notice to cancel the contract when they receive it.

Specs:

ZTE MF90: http://www.ztedevice...6836995e3d.html

Huawei E5573S-320: http://www.4gltemall...le-hotspot.html

In addition, the Huawei is open to any network, whilst it could be that the ZTE is locked to TRUE MOVE.

Hey, your right... I decided to use my old unlocked Huawei E5332 I got back in the UK (I thought it was locked to a network) along time ago and it works fine.... I was mainly looking at that due to it being 4G however I went into the true store and asked about it... they really was trying hard to sell me the modem with a pay monthly data package, yet when I asked them if there was even any 4G coverage out here they said no and certainly not in my village so it was a bit random them trying to sell me it in the first place.... I ended up only being able to get 3GB of data with a free 3GB totaling 6GB... I did mention about the offers you lot have said plus from the website but they just looked at me like I was from another planet so I got bored and settled for the 6GB.

I have it in my modem now and it does me ok but I know I will soon suck up data... out here in the village it is my only option at the moment and to be fair I am downloading at 5mb so cant complain.

That is a good deal yet a neighbor said dtac is barely usable in this village :(

Truemove has a special on thier prepaid 4G... 799 for 12gb...

http://truemoveh.tru...paid/entry/3340

When you say pre-paid does that mean a contract type thing? I would be weary against signing up to any mobile data contract in Thailand, heard so many stories of people getting silly bills when they go over the limit... out of interest can a falang even sign up to a prepaid/contract service? if so what ID etc do you need, do you pay online? or at 7/11?

Cheers

Specs:

ZTE MF90: http://www.ztedevice...6836995e3d.html

Huawei E5573S-320: http://www.4gltemall...le-hotspot.html

Hey, your right... I decided to use my old unlocked Huawei E5332 I got back in the UK (I thought it was locked to a network) along time ago and it works fine.... I was mainly looking at that due to it being 4G however I went into the true store and asked about it... they really was trying hard to sell me the modem with a pay monthly data package, yet when I asked them if there was even any 4G coverage out here they said no and certainly not in my village so it was a bit random them trying to sell me it in the first place.... I ended up only being able to get 3GB of data with a free 3GB totaling 6GB... I did mention about the offers you lot have said plus from the website but they just looked at me like I was from another planet so I got bored and settled for the 6GB.

I have it in my modem now and it does me ok but I know I will soon suck up data... out here in the village it is my only option at the moment and to be fair I am downloading at 5mb so cant complain.

That is a good deal yet a neighbor said dtac is barely usable in this village sad.png

Truemove has a special on thier prepaid 4G... 799 for 12gb...

http://truemoveh.tru...paid/entry/3340

When you say pre-paid does that mean a contract type thing? I would be weary against signing up to any mobile data contract in Thailand, heard so many stories of people getting silly bills when they go over the limit... out of interest can a falang even sign up to a prepaid/contract service? if so what ID etc do you need, do you pay online? or at 7/11?

Cheers

is PAYG. Top up phone by at least 860 baht. Pop SIM into mobile phone, dial *900*8820#icon-call(9)(1).png Wait for confirmation and then pop SIM into modem.

is PAYG. Top up phone by at least 860 baht. Pop SIM into mobile phone, dial *900*8820#icon-call%289%29%281%29.png Wait for confirmation and then pop SIM into modem.

So I got royally bummed then because I cannot remember the exact figure but it was around that or 700 bhat? thanks for the info....

If I was to buy this now over my current package, what would happen? for example would my old package end that I bought today and this take over it? or would I get both? or would I simply not be able to do it until my package runs out?

Cheers

is PAYG. Top up phone by at least 860 baht. Pop SIM into mobile phone, dial *900*8820#icon-call%289%29%281%29.png Wait for confirmation and then pop SIM into modem.

So I got royally bummed then because I cannot remember the exact figure but it was around that or 700 bhat? thanks for the info....

If I was to buy this now over my current package, what would happen? for example would my old package end that I bought today and this take over it? or would I get both? or would I simply not be able to do it until my package runs out?

Cheers

The 24GB to 30GB package I mentioned is PostPaid.

If you are going for PAYG, the max that you can get is the 12GB for 854 baht as aforementioned. If that runs out early, you can apply an addon of up to 3GB for 406 baht via *900*8938#tel_icon.png Clearly better value to have a second SIM.

You don't need a 4G modem, you'll just utilise the 3G network. If you run out of data on your current package, you can call TRUE H and ask them to cancel the subscription so that you can apply the 12GB package.

Hey pls see below... I already had 500bhat credit on this sim apparently so maybe I am getting confused with what I actually bought... in either case I feel stupid as 12GB for 854 baht is a bargain... although this says I have used 2kb thats rubbish as I have downloaded 3 files already before sending *900#

Cheers all for the info very useful

1zxkvaq.png

Hey pls see below... I already had 500bhat credit on this sim apparently so maybe I am getting confused with what I actually bought... in either case I feel stupid as 12GB for 854 baht is a bargain... although this says I have used 2kb thats rubbish as I have downloaded 3 files already before sending *900#

Cheers all for the info very useful

I find that it's always better to do your research before you speak to a sales assistant. Then you can tell them, rather than to be dependent on their knowledge...which as you can see is often lacking.

This is what they applied: It cost you 748 baht

post-25153-0-22185600-1438192262_thumb.j

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Tested 4g at trueshop last week and my ais3g was twice as fast, I was shocked but also disappointed because I was looking forward to switching over

True 4g had better upload but I don't need better upload on my phone anyway

4g uses more battery too apparently so I haven't switched yet although it's tempting to have a higher theoretical speeds I don't want to waste time testing it out

Hey all... what a mess around, spent close to an hour in 7-11 late last night whilst the lady registered my sim using my passport, it took her ages as she had to scan my passport/sim with her phone and I think her phone kept messing up...

I finally added the credit onto my new sim and entered *900*8820#

I apparently did add the data package successfully yet as another 'free package' was added my data package will not become active until this runs out at 12 tonight, I did not add this free data package so that's weird... this is all from the true call center, I asked them to cancel the free 24 hour package so my data package becomes active but she said it is not possible so I have to wait till 12 tonight and it will run out therefor my 12gb data package will become active.

Anyway I now how to true sims, one in a Huawei E5332 modem with the 12gb for the Mrs and anyone else to use, and my sim in my android phone tethering with the 6gb on... thanks for all the information you lot has helped me out big time, cheers

I get 12Gb for 799Bt on AIS.

It's a promotional package I signed up for in December and it lasts a month (although in reality it lasts me less than a week! :) )

How do you use so much data on your phone? Lol

I thought I am a heavy user but I am nearly always in a WiFi zone and set it to connect to WiFi networks if available

What do you do for the other 3 weeks every month ? :)

How do you use so much data on your phone? Lol

I thought I am a heavy user but I am nearly always in a WiFi zone and set it to connect to WiFi networks if available

What do you do for the other 3 weeks every month ?

You would be surprised... my smart TV uses alot just to stream the TV, never mind downloading movies and what not.. plus he is probably sharing the internet to his computer sometimes (tethering personal hotspot)

Edited by ryanhull

Streaming live TV to avoid watching Thai and Chinese channels in a hotel with crap WIFI

How much data does it use roughly to stream tv? I have an android box I want to get on live with my ilikehd.com package but I am worried it will eat all my data within hours?

Cheers