Anti-coup group wants treason suit against PM Prayut

webfact

Anti-coup group wants treason suit against PM
The Nation

30265531-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Members of the anti-coup Resistant Citizens group submitted a petition to the Court of Appeals yesterday asking it to consider accepting a lawsuit against Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha for allegedly committing treason by staging the coup last year.

On May 29, the court of first instance rejected the lawsuit filed by Pansak Srithep, a member of Resistant Citizen, and 14 other members of the group who accused Prayut of committing treason, violating Article 113 of the Criminal Code, by overthrowing the constitution through a military coup on May 22, 2014.

The petitioners said the court of first instance did not investigate the matter and cited the provisional charter of 2014 exempting coup makers from responsibility, which still held.

The group urged the Court of Appeals to reverse the ruling of the court of first instance and reconsider the case in order to ensure justice. It said it was the duty of the court to conduct preliminary investigations and to allow the plaintiffs to exercise their legal rights to prove to the court that Prayut was in fact guilty.

The Court of Appeals has accepted the petition and will consider at a date yet to be specified whether or not to accept the appeal.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Anti-coup-group-wants-treason-suit-against-PM-30265531.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-30

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what garbage ! seems that some are just not happy with someone of authority running the country ...

ok, lets go back to the street protests and the shootings like before ! ..... coffee1.gif

So would you be happy to have the military illegally take control of your country?

what garbage ! seems that some are just not happy with someone of authority running the country ...

ok, lets go back to the street protests and the shootings like before ! ..... coffee1.gif

It's not rocket science, Was article 113 of the criminal code violated or not?

Answer ???

Why was article 113 put into law?

Answer ???

Was a new law written to absolve the junta of any violations?

Answer ???

You may not like the answers man but the facts are as they are.

The challenge for you is to answer with honesty rather than with deflection and bias.

As for street protests and shootings well no one wants that again and happy to see the end of it.

Now if the army did what they should have been doing and protect and guarding buildings and poling places instead of plotting and hatching planes of yet another coup???whistling.gif

Edited by aussieinthailand

So would you be happy to have the military illegally take control of your country?

I'm Australian,

Youtube 'Tony Abbott' gaffs and you'll find 2 previous prime ministers laughing at the idea he could be a PM. And 1 stating that "anyone who votes for Tony Abbott, gets what they deserve."

In short yes I would like to see the Australian army commander take over from Tony.

In this instance its nice to see the anti coup litigants turn up to court suitably dressed to impress, in the track suit pants with the dodgy English slogan T-shirt.

Sloppy articles

(t-shirt not litigants)

Self-proclaimed authority and hijacking a country is not garbage in the world you live in?

Answer ???

Answer ???

Answer ???

The challenge for you is to answer with honesty rather than with deflection and bias.

As for street protests and shootings well no one wants that again and happy to see the end of it.

Now if the army did what they should have been doing and protect and guarding buildings and poling places instead of plotting and hatching planes of yet another coup???whistling.gif

Did the highest authority in the land authorise and recognise Prayuth as Prime Minister, yes.

So therefore how can it be treason?

Because he wasnt recognised as pm until after the coup. The coup at the time was illegal.

Self-proclaimed authority and hijacking a country is not garbage in the world you live in?

Hijacking ... cheesy.gif more like someone had to do something !!

so you like it how it was before ... you don't like anyone coming in and straightening things up to get law and order in place ? you would sooner the protests by each group each day ?

you people amaze me ... coffee1.gif really ...

Absolutely! The US "government" is out of control

Chaos and lawlessness, perpetrated by both sides.

It was 95%fine all over the rest of the country apart from a small area within Bangkok, I will not bother pointing out that the South has seen the violence and chaos for 10 years, and no coup was staged because of this. But the sycophants only see Bangkok as being the whole of the country, therefore it was like Dantes inferno to them.

People seem to forget what was happening up in Chiang Mai ...

http://2bangkok.com/welcome-to-the-democratic-republic-of-lanna-people.html

yet the then-caretaker-PM did not speak out against it, even when it was in front of her, I can see how that might have worried the military. wink.png

And the attack in Trat ...

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bomb-gun-attack-anti-government-rally-trat-injures-40

and indeed, the closure of polling-stations down South, the unrest was not all by the Red-Shirts.

So I'd suggest that it was more than just a problem in Bangkok. wai2.gif

Strange how all these action groups had nothing to say when the 'democratically elected government' was using terrorism to murder woman and children who were exercising their right to protest.

Obviously no money available to support that cause ...

I have no respect for any of these jokers (or anyone on this forum) who are crying foul now and kept silent during the murders.

Let those red cowards bomb and burn their own backyard not mine.

And you by both sides.. you forget how one side killed children and cheered about it on stage (while representatives of the government were present). Don't forget the trad massacre.. its shows that one side is definitely lower and worse as all others.

I dare you to find a similar incident where 2 cars drove into a public gathering in Trad (not Bangkok like you imply) and started firing automatic rifles and lobbing grenades and leaving many wounded and among the dead 2 children.

Now find me something that comes even close to this incident.

when you refer to the attack in Trad, do you mean this incident?

I only ask because, albeit horrible, it differs from the details you mentioned. But I don't know of a different attack in Trad off hand...

Same one.. but if you read the follow up you will see 2 kids dead and if you read even more you will learn that there are video's of a redshirt meeting where they cheer when they hear about the killing in Trad. (just telling the facts here)

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/navy-seal-chief-says-foreign-force-responsible-trat-attack

here they mention 1 child but there are reports of 2 children dead there.. not to mention the redshirt killed kids in BKK too.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/731786-suspects-in-grenade-attack-on-pdrc-rally-in-trat-arrested/ (here mention of 2 kids)

The violence of the red shirt is just off the charts compared to other political groups.

The PM took power and stopped those murdering redshirts, he ended the violence. saved many lives doing so.

If your side was killing people the coup had no justification.

Edited by robblok

I'm Australian,

Youtube 'Tony Abbott' gaffs and you'll find 2 previous prime ministers laughing at the idea he could be a PM. And 1 stating that "anyone who votes for Tony Abbott, gets what they deserve."

In short yes I would like to see the Australian army commander take over from Tony.

In this instance its nice to see the anti coup litigants turn up to court suitably dressed to impress, in the track suit pants with the dodgy English slogan T-shirt.

Sloppy articles

(t-shirt not litigants)

Charlie,

go and have another beer or three and turn on the telly

And you by both sides.. you forget how one side killed children and cheered about it on stage (while representatives of the government were present). Don't forget the trad massacre.. its shows that one side is definitely lower and worse as all others.

I dare you to find a similar incident where 2 cars drove into a public gathering in Trad (not Bangkok like you imply) and started firing automatic rifles and lobbing grenades and leaving many wounded and among the dead 2 children.

That was a sickening case of violence and the perpetrators should be tried, convicted and shot. That does not, however, mean that all or most of the reds are homicidal maniacs. Like their opposites they are mostly concerned citizens with strong political opinions.

Que the cheerleaders saying how the reds are just paid off by the bogeyman in Dubai, stupid, uneducated and infuriatingly enough not voting for the "correct" people...coffee1.gif

Nothing on that scale was ever done by the other side.. the red stand alone with their violence.

Your right most red shirts would not condone it, but the leadership did nothing to stop it. On stage this attack was cheered about.. only when Tida saw how damaging this was PR wise was the cheering about the attack stopped.

Shows the red mentality.. so yes I support the coup that stopped all of this. Your side made the coup happen with their bombs and shooting of innocent protesters.

Full Definition of TREASON
: the betrayal of a trust : treachery
: the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family
​It doesn't matter who gives.......
I rest my case!!!!coffee1.gif

That was a sickening case of violence and the perpetrators should be tried, convicted and shot. That does not, however, mean that all or most of the reds are homicidal maniacs. Like their opposites they are mostly concerned citizens with strong political opinions.

Que the cheerleaders saying how the reds are just paid off by the bogeyman in Dubai, stupid, uneducated and infuriatingly enough not voting for the "correct" people...coffee1.gif

Nothing on that scale was ever done by the other side.. the red stand alone with their violence.

Your right most red shirts would not condone it, but the leadership did nothing to stop it. On stage this attack was cheered about.. only when Tida saw how damaging this was PR wise was the cheering about the attack stopped.

Shows the red mentality.. so yes I support the coup that stopped all of this. Your side made the coup happen with their bombs and shooting of innocent protesters.

You really don't get it, do you. I don't have a side as in red or yellow. I'm on Thailand's side as I have been living here for a long time and want to continue doing so, so naturally it's in my (and my family's) interest to want what's best for Thailand. The previous regime was incompetent and corrupt but I just don't see how yet another coup will solve anything. You can't force reconciliation, and you certainly can't force people to be happy.

Here is a question for the cheerleaders to ponder; name one coup (out of the zillion coups in Thailand) where great progress has been made for the country.

You really don't get it, do you. I don't have a side as in red or yellow. I'm on Thailand's side as I have been living here for a long time and want to continue doing so, so naturally it's in my (and my family's) interest to want what's best for Thailand. The previous regime was incompetent and corrupt but I just don't see how yet another coup will solve anything. You can't force reconciliation, and you certainly can't force people to be happy.

Here is a question for the cheerleaders to ponder; name one coup (out of the zillion coups in Thailand) where great progress has been made for the country.

They will just revert to 'This time it will be different', or 'Who cares what happened before' as the lives lost fighting oppression are of no consequence to them.

There was certainly violence in the months preceding the coup. In another thread some time ago, I compiled a list of violent acts that were reported in the Thai media at the time and resulted in deaths or injuries. Certainly, that was not a tolerable situation.

Some have argued that the protests being conducted to oust the government were intended to provoke the violence. I am not sure about intent, but it is clear that the violence escalated along with the protests.

At the time, it appeared that the police were not containing the violence, and the military was not assisting in any meaningful way.

Despite all these negative conditions, how does one justify a military coup as the next logical step?

Would not the next logical step be for the civilian government to mobilize additional resources to address the violence, and to assure that elections could be conducted again without threats of intimidation and the blocking of polls?

Where was the military in the run-up to the coup? Helping to restore order or standing by?

In your home country, had there been violence in the streets, and the police were struggling to contain it, would you not expect the military to support the civilian government and help restore peace and order in cooperation?

Again, how is a coup the next logical step?

I'm Australian,

Sloppy articles

(t-shirt not litigants)

Charlie,

go and have another beer or three and turn on the telly

Bobmac if you disagree with me, explain your opinion.

Don't try a pathetic attempt to insult me. I don't drink or own a TV.

Although drinking beer and owning a TV are not prerequisites for stupidity.

Making sweeping generalisations and trying subtle digs based on someone's lifestyle choices, that's the real clincher, a lumbering, obvious, typically Australian attempt to pander for mob mentality support.

Its my experience that this is the default setting for people without the where-with-all to make any real fist of an intelligent argument.

Answer ???

Answer ???

Answer ???

Did the highest authority in the land authorise and recognise Prayuth as Prime Minister, yes.

So therefore how can it be treason?

Because he wasnt recognised as pm until after the coup. The coup at the time was illegal.

Err, did the "highest authority in the land" confirm or reject the elected prime minister and her government of before the coup ?

Strange how all these action groups had nothing to say when the 'democratically elected government' was using terrorism to murder woman and children who were exercising their right to protest.

I have no respect for any of these jokers (or anyone on this forum) who are crying foul now and kept silent during the murders.

"Those that live by the sword shall die by the sword" the fact is that there was violence on both sides and peaceful protest on both sides and then the military stepped in, unfortunately if they (the military) were doing their job (National security) then those that committed these heinous acts of inhumanity would not have had such ease and opportunity to do so and very much limit the damage done, BUT THEY (the military)DIDN'T!!!

"Those that live by the sword shall die by the sword" the fact is that there was violence on both sides and peaceful protest on both sides and then the military stepped in, unfortunately if they (the military) were doing their job (National security) then those that committed these heinous acts of inhumanity would not have had such ease and opportunity to do so and very much limit the damage done, BUT THEY (the military)DIDN'T!!!

Much like the police didn't in 2010. In no way taking sides as you would see from my posts, but fact is they're really rather as bad as each other. It's simply a fact that the Military has bigger guns/higher backing.

However, I do sincerely believe that this country should have been allowed to develop a functioning democracy despite the pain that goes with it, as has every other now developed democratically run country on the planet. What makes this one so special? I sometimes get the feeling some posters have been here too long and have internalised the infantile Thai mindset that they are a 'special case'. Special Needs, more like.

Edited by dageurreotype

Fact is, there was absolutely NO VIOLENCE before Suthep's mob, in conjunction with the army, deliberately created kaos (sic). Suthep was baying the reds nightly, asking for them to attack the site so they could be sorted out by the popcorn gunner & his militia (who he said he loved and was cheered on by his mob even though they crippled an old man [for those who keep going on about the reds cheering the despicable Trat incident]) . The reds resort to violence as they are continually marginalised by the courts & army. When the yellows or PRDC (actually the same people) shut-down Bangkok or seize several airports, the military either tell the standing PM to resign (Anupong) or implicitly support them by supplying guards and not even condemning their illegal seizures of public property or violent obstructions of polling booths. On the other hand, the reds are gunned down in the streets. This is even though time after time, one side is only asking for democratic elections while the other side is continually asking to pervert the course of democracy in one form or another.

Those posters here who simply claim that it is better now as it is peaceful are pitifully misinformed, misguided and short-sighted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKoY2VveRRA&feature=youtu.be

3:50 Yellow shirts firing weapons 2008

It would be useful if the "person" with "authority" also had a brain. Oh, and was democratically elected... whistling.gif

(I think you are confusing "authority" with guns, tanks, intimidation, and huge volumes of dirty money? AMIRIGHT?)

Prayut saved the country from chaos and imminent civil war, and is only to be commended for this ! T.M.F.D. must surely have a hand in this !

I think you will find, as history will record, that after certain imminent events, Thailand will be closer to civil war than it ever has been.

Answer ???

Answer ???

Answer ???

Yes I think you're correct.

People sometime need to differentiate in their minds that "the law" and "justice" are at times not sleeping in the same bed and that "the law" can and frequently does, trump "justice".

Also of note is the idea that "justice" is subjective and a matter of opinion, whereas "the law" is objective and a matter of debate!

In general (no pun intended), the "Golden Rule" applies.... I.e., "He who has the gold.... rules!"