Face Club in South Pattaya faces business shutdown after defying military junta’s order

Lite Beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all the kids should have all been in handcuffs. And second, good on them for shutting down the bar. Law and order can be a good thing for a society.

Don't blame the kids so much, as who didn't want to drink when they were under the legal age. Maybe not 14 though.

I didn't, but when I was young the law was respected a lot more than now when people just want to do whatever they like. At school, some prefects were thrashed at assembly for smoking in public, probably have been expelled if they'd been caught drinking alcohol.

I blame the parents for letting their under 14 year old children out as long as they want and giving them lots of money to buy booze. Very BAD parenting.

First of all the kids should have all been in handcuffs. And second, good on them for shutting down the bar. Law and order can be a good thing for a society.

Don't blame the kids so much, as who didn't want to drink when they were under the legal age. Maybe not 14 though.

I didn't, but when I was young the law was respected a lot more than now when people just want to do whatever they like. At school, some prefects were thrashed at assembly for smoking in public, probably have been expelled if they'd been caught drinking alcohol.

I blame the parents for letting their under 14 year old children out as long as they want and giving them lots of money to buy booze. Very BAD parenting.

Very bad parenting is an appropriate term to use, but I would say in the case of the boys, almost no parenting at all, is probably closer to the mark. The level with which these boys carry on sometimes, in front of their parents, who do absolutely nothing about it, is astonishing. I realize this is a worldwide problem. Parenting skills are dropping, at a precipitous level all over the world. A high percent of people have kids these days have no business doing so, if they are not up to the task. For some reason, the boys are treated with such kid gloves here, and it shows with their lack of responsibility, their work ethic when they grow up, their unwavering belief that the world owes them, and their sense of entitlement. That does not bode well for the future. I am very, very worried about todays kids. Hard to imagine they will be running things just ten to twenty years from now.

Edited by spidermike007

Totally agree with you on the respect part and no accountability of the parents. Sh1t, I sound old. It's like that everywhere, a little more gets lost with each generation. Asia is still decent, while N.A. is all fixated with the "me" attitude. My Thai gf used to ask me why farang parents act as if being a parent is a job, rather than a duty. She had a point.

Providing they have enough evidence already to shut the clubs I do not object too much to a blind eye being shown to the kids running. Of course what is worrying is what was the occupation of all the young boys in the bar. Main thing is shut the place down.

Several other entertainment places in South Pattaya were also inspected.

He said some were warned for operating with louder noises than permitted by law, and some had no licences to sell liquors.

Some were also found to sell smuggled foreign whiskies and some had no business permits.

So the lesson here is, don't defy the government on clubs serving alcohol to minors.

But if you're a pub/club doing anything else -- no liquor license, breaking noise laws, no business permits, smuggled alcohol -- you get inspected and what??? A good conduct medal???