Where can I register my sim card in Patts?

Asiacat

I did it at Tukcom, 1st floor, AIS counter (I have 1-2 call simcard), near normal stairs.
I only needed to show passport

(7-11 in Jomtien refused to do it. Another customer advised me to go to Tukcom.)

Edited by Kees5555

proof of address......

I did not need it and not aware that others have been asked for.

Also no mentioning in the published infos.

Yes. I did mine at the AIS office on the lower level of Central. Only needed phone #, name and PP #. No address or proof was requested.

I just registered mine at Big C South - on 2nd floor, there is a counter for Telewiz (AIS 1 2 Call), DTAC, and True. All I needed was telephone and passport at Telewiz - lady took my phone dialed a number entered information from passport and when finished a text message back to my phone from AIS said it was registered.

we went through this fiasco 10 years ago. That's when I registered mine the first time and now when I press *151# I get a message saying my phone is already registered to passport number L965xxxxxx ........... except that passport expired 8 years ago! The service provider told me it doesn't make any differenceblink.png

Edited by Asiantravel

proof of address......

I did not need it and not aware that others have been asked for.

Also no mentioning in the published infos.

Correct, don't need proof of address and it can also be registered at your servers local office in the shopping malls.

DTAC has offices at Central, Big C and Tesco. I went to Central, got very quick and efficient help, then saw to either getting those sms ads in English or cut out altogether .... now just get from DTAC. I think 7-11s a bit hit or miss. Friend reported trying, and was proud of self whilst couple other farangs popped a gasket.

Hello rockhound

It is astonishing that your passport has not been asked.
to register, One must have the number of your passport
returned with the employee's phone in a service. .facepalm.gif

Sounds as if someone had a nice little earner, and probably lots of people who are 50 baht poorer that get cut off on the 1st of august

DTAC at Big C Extra on Pattaya klang. Took me 5 mins and no ID required.

What's the point of registering if your ID details aren't linked to the number?

Anyway I went with my son's phone to the same Dtac booth and his ID card details were entered on the PC.

we went through this fiasco 10 years ago. That's when I registered mine the first time and now when I press *151# I get a message saying my phone is already registered to passport number L965xxxxxx ........... except that passport expired 8 years ago! The service provider told me it doesn't make any differenceblink.png

Your current passport is tied in with all the information from the expired passport when you renewed it.

Hello rockhound

Sounds as if someone had a nice little earner, and probably lots of people who are 50 baht poorer that get cut off on the 1st of august

7*11

stick thai id in card reader

dial *151*1#

type the sms code that appears on your phone in the card reader keypad

takes 30 seconds, nobody cares whose thai id card you use

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Hello rockhound

7*11

stick thai id in card reader

dial *151*1#

type the sms code that appears on your phone in the card reader keypad

takes 30 seconds, nobody cares whose thai id card you use

Because everyone has plenty of Thai ID's laying around?

Any 7/11, I just took my phone ( have a pic of my passport page and visa on phone). No address was asked for.

Especially for a foreigner the address is not important, as in most cases it isn't a permanent address anyway, but his passport details will identify him wherever he is in the world.

Good morning - just for your information.

On the 6th February this year I registered my 2 SIMS @ AIS in Central Plaza in Patts.

Yesterday after reading some of the posts here I decided to check my phones using *151# so imagine my surprise when I discovered that both SIM's were not registered. The message on the phones were in Thai and I had to get a Thai person to read the message out to me, but the message was clear - not registered.

This morning at my local 7/11 said that they couldn't register them (they could only register Thai ID cards) and I had to go to Central Plaza to register them (again).

It is worth while if you want to keep your existing phone numbers to check - I guess.

Registered both my sims, one at DTac office and one at True Move office. Both times my Thai Drivers license was used, (your address is not on Thai Licenses anymore) and no formal address was required.

You must have a special Thai driver license, because on the ones I know the address is written on the back.

Your current passport is tied in with all the information from the expired passport when you renewed it.

Are you sure that's correct because when I asked the phone company representative whether their records should be updated with my new passport number she said for that I need to bring my old passport and new passport. Except I didn't hang onto the old passport eight years ago! (Why would I ?) the main thing is she assured me my SIM cardwould not be cancelled even with an old passport number.

I said let's just leave things as they are ( i.e let sleeping dogs lie ) and TIT

Registered both my sims, one at DTac office and one at True Move office. Both times my Thai Drivers license was used, (your address is not on Thai Licenses anymore) and no formal address was required.

Are you sure, and if so would you happen to know when they changed this?

My address is on the back of the license.

Me too, registered about 10 years ago when Thaksin was worried about mobile bomb detonators in the south.

Nice thing today is that it's done already. wink.png