Thai Navy releases document on why it needs submarines

webfact

Why dont some of the experts here volunteer to advise the Thai Navy direct and get them up to International standards, instead of gossiping here and wasting their (the experts) valuable time?

After that lets us know about your productive work!

Would be useful all around.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont some of the experts here volunteer to advise the Thai Navy direct and get them up to International standards, instead of gossiping here and wasting their (the experts) valuable time?

Says the pot calling the kettle black, with a really brilliant constructive and productive post!!

Reading this article only highlights how inept and ignorant these people are. There is not one cognoscente statement made that would in any way support the argument for submarines and a base on the gulf.

They also forgot to mention that the Thai Navy has a submariner division which has been "active" for over 40 years. They just don't have the vessels

I understand now how frustating for the Thai navy Submariner division without any submarine during 40 years.

It looks as the real motivation of Thai navy for having some submarine is, not really for a need for Thailand efficiency defence nor other reasons, but just have to pay for a low cost and ineffective submarines to exist. What a waste for such army ambition !!!

Also, Thai navy seems forget who is the real menace in Asia, who continu to grow their big army and already did hostile actions in the China sea, broken international maritime law, first step to break the marine commercial traffic and then ... easy to conqueer new land neighbor ( a kind of mixed Tibet & ww2), do it slowly but surely. Buy ship from China means help them accelerate their conquest ambition.

We are concerned that Japan might be interested in repeating its effort during world war II, and could try to seize Thai ports again. We are concerned about how powerful Burma is becoming. We are concerned Hun Sen or Than Shwe might have their eyes on Thailand, and want to repeat a 12th century expansion into Thailand. Are any of those thoughts possibilities? Really?

Has anyone come up with a credible threat to Thailand and it waterways? Since the submarines will be fairly useless in the shallow waters of the Gulf, it is the Andaman patrols that make the most sense. Are we seriously considering Bangladesh, Burma, Malaysia or India a threat? Could someone explain this to me?

TV commentary sunk to a vacuous new low...

Chinese supersonic cruise missile that is capable to be launch from the Yuan class submarine the speed is Mach 3 and it also moves in a s before intercepting the ship to evade close in anti-missile system's of the ship

If the gulf of Thailand is only 50 m deep, then there is no sub needed. Purchase patrol boats. thumbsup.gif

It's not only 50 meters deep and are you aware that Thailand also has another entirely different body of water on its western front and that patrol boats and submarines have different capabilities and missions?

Yes, I am aware. Are you aware at their incompetence? Their subs will be grounded more often than not. coffee1.gif

Sorry, I've got to stick up for purchase of the submarines.

As I've said in previous posts on this topic, when they sort out the problems with the retractable wheels, then the subs won't be grounded.

On Children's day, the kids can just jump on board as the subs can drive right up Satahip beach, that's a plus.

You people critisizing the purchase are thinking to shallow.

They don't seem to be able to say what, exactly, are the submarines going to *do*. Are they going to attack enemy vessels that are attempting to blockade Thai harbors? Are they going to attack other nations' merchant vessels when Thailand goes to war with them? I can't think of what else submarines might be used for, but if the Thai Navy has some ideas along those lines they should bring them out. The idea that they are only going to cost 0.0006% of the value of all maritime activity over a period of 45 years, or whatever, is irrelevant. It's like a kid saying, "Aw, c'mon, it hardly costs anything, you'd never even notice."

If the gulf of Thailand is only 50 m deep, then there is no sub needed. Purchase patrol boats. thumbsup.gif

It's not only 50 meters deep and are you aware that Thailand also has another entirely different body of water on its western front and that patrol boats and submarines have different capabilities and missions?

Yes, I am aware. Are you aware at their incompetence? Their subs will be grounded more often than not. coffee1.gif

Sorry, I've got to stick up for purchase of the submarines.

As I've said in previous posts on this topic, when they sort out the problems with the retractable wheels, then the subs won't be grounded.

On Children's day, the kids can just jump on board as the subs can drive right up Satahip beach, that's a plus.

You people critisizing the purchase are thinking to shallow.

Are you an expert or just the average troll

I think he may be joking actually!

Lordy lord it's been a long weekend!

I think the Admiral is over excited and has to many semen on his hands and will be overjoyed to have a lot more semen if the submarines are purchased at the moment it all seems a bit premature !

Are you perhaps suggesting that the admiral has not one but two or more sexual dysfunctions?

Edited by The Deerhunter

TV commentary sunk to a vacuous new low...

A opinion = B opinion - Very high grade

A opinion B opinion - Very low grade

Sirs, what great attitudes and followers!

bah.gif

A post in violation of the below has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com

In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

So Thailands GDP was $390 Billion in 2014 and this douche is saying that maritime resources generate $750 Billion a year-I'm confused ???

Please read carefully "They include marine natural resources, marine transport, downstream industries and tourism." It includes not just trade but other assests

So Thailands GDP was $390 Billion in 2014 and this douche is saying that maritime resources generate $750 Billion a year-I'm confused ???

Please read carefully "They include marine natural resources, marine transport, downstream industries and tourism." It includes not just trade but other assests

So then ''per year'' should not be used(''my house is worth 4 million'' is not the same as ''my house is worth 4 million per year'' -he is inflating the real value to justify the navy's need for subs.

So then ''per year'' should not be used(''my house is worth 4 million'' is not the same as ''my house is worth 4 million per year'' -he is inflating the real value to justify the navy's need for subs.

He included the assets such as oil rigs, oil refineries and hotels that rely on the Gulf of Thailand being open all these assets will be useless if the Gulf of Thailand is blocked off but as a person wrote in an article of which paper is not allowed to be mentioned that the money should be used to build the Kra Canal instead and I totally agree on that issue because he mentioned that if the Kra Canal was built we won't have to invest much in it's security because the Chinese Navy would do that job for us

I fink Jet Ski folks are deterrent enough to deter invaders ,along with silly Immigration Rules ,we're all safe enough.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif I can see it now. Some country sends in a special ops team to slip ashore at night on Pattaya Beach. The katoeys and/or meth-heads would take care of them for sure. whistling.gifclap2.gif

On second thought they could probably walk down Walking Street in their frogman gear and nobody would bat an eye.

Edited by jaywalker

I tried it with the RTA off & on for over a decade (1999 -2013). I had NUMEROUS meetings with full colonels & several General officers.

I'd go over, and over, and over and.... maintenance procedures and requirements, tracking everything, scheduling (*GASP*) Preventative Maintenance, and they all grinned and agreed with me, and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Edit: I take that back. They replaced ball-joints with Thai made ball joints & the rubber fell off them in 6 months.

HELLO BRAINIACS...the rubber has to be chemical resistant as they are full of grease!!!!

This was on their 1500 strong ground fleet of a certain truck model.

I once saw some major steering components held together with a FAN BELT tied around them.

I finally threw in the towel and I will NEVER work with the military ever again. It just isn't worth the stress.

I shiver to think what the sub deal/fiasco could be.

Edited by jaywalker

I fink Jet Ski folks are deterrent enough to deter invaders ,along with silly Immigration Rules ,we're all safe enough.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif I can see it now. Some country sends in a special ops team to slip ashore at night on Pattaya Beach. The katoeys and/or meth-heads would take care of them for sure. whistling.gifclap2.gif

On second thought they could probably walk down Walking Street in their frogman gear and nobody would bat an eye.

There are probably those (although not on this forum of course) who would make them an offer!

This comment is the best!!

Submarines for Thailand??? What will be next??? And if they navigate the subs like they drive their pickups...........

I tried it with the RTA off & on for over a decade (1999 -2013). I had NUMEROUS meetings with full colonels & several General officers.

I'd go over, and over, and over and.... maintenance procedures and requirements, tracking everything, scheduling (*GASP*) Preventative Maintenance, and they all grinned and agreed with me, and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Edit: I take that back. They replaced ball-joints with Thai made ball joints & the rubber fell off them in 6 months.

HELLO BRAINIACS...the rubber has to be chemical resistant as they are full of grease!!!!

This was on their 1500 strong ground fleet of a certain truck model.

I once saw some major steering components held together with a FAN BELT tied around them.

I finally threw in the towel and I will NEVER work with the military ever again. It just isn't worth the stress.

I shiver to think what the sub deal/fiasco could be.

If what you are writing is true their helicopters would have been crashing everyday wouldn't it??? There ships sinking and catching fire?? They wouldn't be able to repair and maintain their ships let alone build the 2000 ton HTMS Krabi https://youtu.be/ezoVK790qV4

Please stop writing stupid propaganda

Please watch vid it seems they are very professional

The Thai Marine Corp is one of the most highly respected in the region it was even featured on The History Channel https://youtu.be/RxTu0ywE6Ak

Thailand won't be like this today without the Armed forces protecting her look at footage of Vietnamese incursion into Thailand during the 1980s https://youtu.be/eFpMdA0FkJQ to remind us

This comment is the best!!

Submarines for Thailand??? What will be next??? And if they navigate the subs like they drive their pickups...........

I remember sending in box tops as a kid for some little plastic submarine that I think you put baking powder in to make it submerge & come back up. Maybe the admirals should practice with those first ...