2015 PPV (Body on frame SUV) Comparison

IMHO

It seems that Ford are improving their after sales service - but so is everyone else too...

In 2015, they scored 849 points in the JD Power Customer Service Index - which would have been good enough for 2nd place (and only 1 point off first) in 2014:

2014%20Thailand%20CSI%20Charts.jpg

Source: http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2014-thailand-customer-service-index-csi-study

2015%20Thailand%20CSI%20Mass%20Rank%201.

Source: http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2015-thailand-customer-service-index-csi-study

If they can match Mitsubishi service, I'll be happy enough for that - I don't eat dealer supplied snacks, nor use their Wifi, so no points on this kind of thing from me anyway - I'm in the service bay or showroom when I visit, not the waiting room smile.png

Also note that the best here has 87.3% satisfaction, the worst, 83.2% - a 4.1% range is not really that big.

Edited by IMHO

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Ford include Lincoln in those stats. Noticed the U.S one is just like the Everest.. here but with engine options. Very nice too from 33k$.

Those charts are Thailand only Ace, no Lincoln here...

Bigger versions smile.png

4WD:

5j11Hwi.png

2WD:

2rFzv4p.png

Nice list ! And thnx for sharin'

Too bad that weight is not mentioned, 200 HP means nothing if the SUV weighs a lot more than a 180 HP engined vehicle.

Secondly, fuel intake per 100 km is not mentioned either.

Bigger versions smile.png

4WD:

5j11Hwi.png

2WD:

2rFzv4p.png

Nice list ! And thnx for sharin'

Too bad that weight is not mentioned, 200 HP means nothing if the SUV weighs a lot more than a 180 HP engined vehicle.

Secondly, fuel intake per 100 km is not mentioned either.

That info isn't available for the Fortuner or Pajero Sport yet...

There's a PPV poll running over at the Headlightmag Forums (like this one, but in Thai/for Thai). Unfortunately, as per forum rules I'm not allowed to post a link to it.

The question is: "If you were buying a PPV, which one would you buy?"

Current results with 262 votes cast:

Everest: 44.3%

Pajero Sport: 31.3%

Fortuner: 22.1%

MU-X: 1.9%

Trailblazer: 0.4%

I wonder if the sales numbers will align, once people have to start voting with their wallets? smile.png

Edited by IMHO

Just a a thought. Why isn't the Nissan X-trail in this comparison?

Is there something putting it in another class?

The X-Trail is not a PPV (body on frame SUV) - it's a crossover/softroader built using a monocoque chassis. It also has only gasoline engines - all PPV's are diesel turbos, and it has 5+2 seats, whereas PPV's are classed as 7 seaters.

The X-Trail is more comparable to the CR-V, CX-5 and Craptiva

Edited by IMHO

The X-Trail is not a PPV (body on frame SUV) - it's a crossover/softroader built using a monocoque chassis. It also has only gasoline engines - all PPV's are diesel turbos, and it has 5+2 seats, whereas PPV's are classed as 7 seaters.

I see. I had no idea. You seem knowledgable about these things. I knoe its OT but any chance you could explain why the Mazda CX-9 is almost as expensive (3.8 mil) as the European SUVs (Volvo, BMW etc)?

Surely they must know people would rather have those?

Edited by Dellie

I see. I had no idea. You seem knowledgable about these things. I knoe its OT but any chance you could explain why the Mazda CX-9 is almost as expensive (3.8 mil) as the European SUVs (Volvo, BMW etc)?

Surely they must know people would rather have those?

The CX9 attracts the highest taxes possible on all fronts: it's imported from Japan, it has >220 HP and it's > 3000cc.... End result: 380% in taxes. I have no idea why Mazda even bother with it.

.....They don't tip over like trucks.
555 :)

@Dellie: dont be put off by Ace, he owns a Trailblazer :P

The competition in the Thai SUV market is fierce - not in price - in specs.

Originally, I preferred Fortuner, then Isuzu.

Wife liked CRV & then Fortuner - definitely not Isuzu.

Today, wife signed up for the new Pajero Sport - 2.4l diesel - B1,399,000. ie B200k less than the Fortuner.

There is not much difference between them except the price. I am not complaining.

Fantastic thread, made me think about getting one of these instead of a jazz, fiesta or yaris!

From what I've read the ford sounds the best but I'm practical so might favour the fortuner. Need to go and see some of these babies. Anyone know of any car shows coming up in CM?

Are better deals cut in the likes of big c vs showrooms or is it all the same?

Any idea on waiting times on the top models approx?

1. It'll just be one of your local dealerships putting on the mall display, and in Thailand individual dealerships rarely/never put on their own promotions - all campaigns are run by the manufacturer.

2. The goalposts on booking queues move daily, and depend on dealer allocations (rationing system), so you'll need to ask your dealer(s). The last I heard, it's Oct to early 2016 for them all, if booked now.

Any reason for the discount/increase?

Guessing all these cars will see increased prices with change of tax due next year.

The 50K Baht discount on the GT-Premium is just a launch promotion... probably because Mitsubishi know they are the only new PPV manufacturer that is currently delivering 0 cars - the promotion ends just as deliveries start (Oct) ;)

Guessing all these cars will see increased prices with change of tax due next year.

The 50K Baht discount on the GT-Premium is just a launch promotion... probably because Mitsubishi know they are the only new PPV manufacturer that is currently delivering 0 cars - the promotion ends just as deliveries start (Oct) wink.png

Yes with no test drive it’s a gamble but 5000 thb is not so much money to loose if you change your mind. I’m also wondering about that 8 speed transmission. Have a friend with and 8 speed Fiesta that drives him crazy as it’s constantly shifting/ finding the right gear. If more is really better than why not a 20 speed? shock1.gif

The 50K Baht discount on the GT-Premium is just a launch promotion... probably because Mitsubishi know they are the only new PPV manufacturer that is currently delivering 0 cars - the promotion ends just as deliveries start (Oct) wink.png

Yes with no test drive it’s a gamble but 5000 thb is not so much money to loose if you change your mind. I’m also wondering about that 8 speed transmission. Have a friend with and 8 speed Fiesta that drives him crazy as it’s constantly shifting/ finding the right gear. If more is really better than why not a 20 speed? shock1.gif

Fiesta's have a 6-speed dual clutch transmission. The new PJS has an 8-speed Aisin made torque converter auto - completely different thing wink.png

Ford have an 11 speed auto in the works, both GM and Ford are releasing 9 & 10-speed autos in US market cars this year. ZF have had a 9-speed since 2012 that's already in several production cars.

Edited by IMHO

1. It'll just be one of your local dealerships putting on the mall display, and in Thailand individual dealerships rarely/never put on their own promotions - all campaigns are run by the manufacturer.

2. The goalposts on booking queues move daily, and depend on dealer allocations (rationing system), so you'll need to ask your dealer(s). The last I heard, it's Oct to early 2016 for them all, if booked now.

So how do we stand if we order a car now and it is not delivered until next year, I.E will the price change post 1st Jan because of the new tax applicable ?

Fiesta's have a 6-speed dual clutch transmission. The new PJS has an 8-speed Aisin made torque converter auto - completely different thing wink.png

Ford have an 11 speed auto in the works, both GM and Ford are releasing 9 & 10-speed autos in US market cars this year. ZF have had a 9-speed since 2012 that's already in several production cars.

Thanks for the info..wink.png I’m looking seeing them at Hua Hin next week..thumbsup.gif

The new Pajero 4WD; A/T; diesel is B1,399,000 until the end of Sept. It will then go up to B1.45m.

The fuel consumption is 17% better.

17% better than what? The old Pajero? Or better than the best other comparable model? I prefer to see any stats shown measured and compared to the best in class as otherwise how do I know if it's good? Could be 17% better than the last Pajero but that could mean it might be below average.

Sorry but I'm an accountant not a car expert so I wouldn't know if 17% better is good, bad or indifferent without comparisons.

Yes with no test drive its a gamble but 5000 thb is not so much money to loose if you change your mind. Im also wondering about that 8 speed transmission. Have a friend with and 8 speed Fiesta that drives him crazy as its constantly shifting/ finding the right gear. If more is really better than why not a 20 speed? shock1.gif

Only 5k deposit required?