2015 PPV (Body on frame SUV) Comparison

IMHO

Clever Mitsu marketing strategy since the PJS is under 200g/km and the tax hit is not that large anyway.

If only they were smart enough to do something with the rear end styling.

Pretty sure most people like it as most cars are going for that nowadays.

CRV -> fugly back style

Pajero -> fugly back style

Fortuner -> fugly back style

Plenty more coming.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a new Everest vs Fortuner review from Australia:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/397550/ford-everest-trend-v-toyota-fortuner-crusade-comparison/

Note that they are pitching the top-spec Fortuner against the mid-range Everest in this review though. due to the pricing differences in AU (top spec models are the same price here).

Edited by IMHO

http://www.caradvice.com.au/397550/ford-everest-trend-v-toyota-fortuner-crusade-comparison/

Note that they are pitching the top-spec Fortuner against the mid-range Everest in this review though. due to the pricing differences in AU (top spec models are the same price here).

Dont go telling the Truth IMHO it may get You a Holiday these days ,like Warpy..cheesy.gif

Dont go telling the Truth IMHO it may get You a Holiday these days ,like Warpy..cheesy.gif

Not sure what you're getting at?

Maybe because all these reviews say the same things I said back in August? tongue.png

I have to admit, I do feel a little vindicated when I read quotes like these:

On both tarmac and gravel the Ford shines most. The tail is more settled over sharp bumps and the car sits flatter through corners, while in terms of ride, it’s generally more cosseting over high- and low-speed corrugations. It feels almost like a luxury Euro SUV in this area, while the Toyota feels like just what it is — a (still comfier than is common) off-roader.

So in essence, the Ford had a more comfortable and cosseting ride over a variety of urban and extra-urban roads, was easier to trundle about the city in and showed superior body control and handling. The Fortuner sounds like a more comfortable ute-based SUV, which it is, whereas the Ford almost transcends its origins.

Edited by IMHO

Ford must be spending an awful lot of money to make sure they win every comparison test for the Everest & Ranger...

Yeah man I get you. They spend so much money on R&D that now they are winning every comparison test. I am sure that's what you were aiming at right? right?

Maybe because all these reviews say the same things I said back in August? tongue.png

On both tarmac and gravel the Ford shines most. The tail is more settled over sharp bumps and the car sits flatter through corners, while in terms of ride, it’s generally more cosseting over high- and low-speed corrugations. It feels almost like a luxury Euro SUV in this area, while the Toyota feels like just what it is — a (still comfier than is common) off-roader.

So in essence, the Ford had a more comfortable and cosseting ride over a variety of urban and extra-urban roads, was easier to trundle about the city in and showed superior body control and handling. The Fortuner sounds like a more comfortable ute-based SUV, which it is, whereas the Ford almost transcends its origins.

A reference to Warpy disappearing caused by honesty.

A reference to Warpy disappearing caused by honesty.

Actually I quite like Warpy ...it's just a shame that some who read this forum are full of P&I.

Someone posted some delivery (sales) numbers for August, so I thought I'd follow up with September's numbers:

Fortuner: 4,605

Everest: 879

MU-X: 763

Trailblazer: 115

Pajero Sport: 8

Note: this is actual deliveries, not bookings - we won't have a clear picture on actual market share until early next year, as Ford & Mitsubishi aren't yet able to deliver on sales demand.

October's delivery numbers:

Fortuner: 4,278

Pajero Sport: 3,289*

Everest: 937

MU-X: 857

Trailblazer: 150

* Figures above supplied by Toyota. Mitsubishi's press release overnight says they delivered 3,279 units in Oct.

Edited by IMHO

They did it for the free t-shirts.

The ones with "I coundn't afford an everest" printed on it" laugh.png

Considering the Trailblazers price, the T Shirt should read, "I am stuck with this until Ford deliver my Everest".

Just wait until they go see their fortune tellers - then you'll see bumper stickers like "This car is a pink Everest"

:P

Another article from Drive that puts the Everest and Fortuner up against the Land Rover Discovery Sport and Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for their Best 4WD of the year:

http://www.drive.com.au/car-of-the-year/2015-drive-car-of-the-year-best-4wd-20151124-gl6t25.html

Given their COTY choice, no awards for guessing which one came out the hottest :P