What to do in Bangkok for a day with a large group of all ages?

pistachios

Hello,

I have trouble finding some activities for the day following a wedding celebration in bangkok with my friends and family. We will be a large group with about 10 adults, a few teenagers and 3 young children. My wife hasn't seen her friends for a long time, so she will spend her day with them in a theme park and I don't think it will interest our group.

Most of them have already been to bangkok and have already seen the main attractions.

I had an idea to go to a fishing parc with some bungalow around the lake where we could enjoy a relaxing afternoon, eating a lot, sipping a few beers and catching the occasional fish, but I have trouble finding a family place, most of the lakes I found seems to be dedicated for fishing enthusiasts willing to shell out a lot of money to catch huge and rare fishes. We are all fishing total newbies...

Bycicle day trip in Phra Padeang would have been perfect if my mother or the children knew how to ride a bike!

I would appreciate any suggestion, thanks.

Anyone staying in a large-ish hotel? Sounds like a group breakfast in the morning and an afternoon of lounging in the pool area, kids/adults who want can swim, everyone else socializes, munches, and drinks a few cold ones.

Tough assignment with a group that large and probably with diverse interests.

Siam nirakit or ladyboy shows. Trip to the zoo. Tour bus and driver, go somewhere boring in afternoon to thin out the numbers before nightlife. Make the evening adults only, its bangkok after all, no point taking them to a city with a rich nightlife and wasting the opportunity on cultural bullsh!#..

Ive seen large groups have a hoot at bars, regular like bars. Could probally hire out the upstairs all to yourself for a function, dinner and drinks. Everyones gonna be curious, so no point dissapointing on the evening goodies.

Simple and easy. Take the group on a beautiful day time cruise up and down the ChaoPraya river. Buy the day ticket and make as many stops/off and on as you like. So many things to see and markets along the way. Plenty of decent restaurants as well. Enjoy a great Thai day!

Ancient City, Samut Prakan. Kids and adults love riding around the replica Thai antiquities on golf carts.

Google 'ancient city bangkok'

Not often I will endorse a post by an Arsenal supporter but I will make an exception in this case tongue.png Ancient City, Muang Boran is brilliant. If you don't want the golf carts you can ride bikes or tamdens, great fun, never knew how well the wife could pedal!

A really great day out, read the views on Trip Advisor. Easy to get to as well. If some of you not feeling energetic just sit and enjoy some pretty good Thai food with a beer while the others cruise around.Great for a diverse group. Gets some good reviews on here as well if you do a search.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g1570011-d447399-Reviews-Ancient_City_Mueang_Boran-Samut_Prakan_Samut_Prakan_Province.html

Edited by roamer

the bike tour could still work with tandems to match those who can't ride with someone who can. The Chao Praya river tour is fun. You could also load everyone up on the train and take a trip over to Kanchanaburi or up to Auttiya or even over to the floral gardens in Pattaya. They have a really great set of shows that end with the elephant show taking participants from the audience to join in the fun. The kids would get a kick out of being carried around by an elephant. There's also the water park that can be fun for the whole group.

Simple and easy. Take the group on a beautiful day time cruise up and down the ChaoPraya river. Buy the day ticket and make as many stops/off and on as you like. So many things to see and markets along the way. Plenty of decent restaurants as well. Enjoy a great Thai day!

Thanks, that's a great idea! It also solves the transportation problem.

Ancient siam seems fun as well.

And no, I will not bring my mother and my sister to soi cowboy... seriously?