DHL and customs

Carlosm

I bought a survaillance system off Aliexpress. It has been sent by the vendor using DHL with a tracking number. I tracked it to Don Meuang airport where it has stopped and all i get is 'clearance event' posted on the online tracking information. Been there 5 days, each day the same.

Anyone else been in the same situation and if so is there anything i need to do ?

After this episode you will never again have anything sent to Thailand using a courier.

The items arrive to Thailand very fast and then the fun starts. Even if you have the package declaration doctored they have their own prices and the special fees to make you cry.

After this episode you will never again have anything sent to Thailand using a courier.

The items arrive to Thailand very fast and then the fun starts. Even if you have the package declaration doctored they have their own prices and the special fees to make you cry.

totally agree. I imported a water flosser also using Ali express. it only took four hours to come from Hong Kong and then it was stuck in Bangkok airport for 10 days.

Because it fell under the purview of the Food and drug administration first they said it might not even be allowed into the country. Then they said if I got a doctor's certificate saying I needed to use it I could have it.

the DHL processing costs (including the fee for storage at the airport during that 10 days !) almost came to the same price as I paid for the item.

as you correctly say I will never have anything sent to Thailand ever again.

Never ever ever send by courier,just use the post office,last time my brother used dhl ,it got stopped in BKK customs kept trying to get more and more money,in the end I told them to keep the parcel and stick it where the Sun don't shine

Edited by i claudius

Welcome to Thailand, you are barking up the wrong Soi here. Thai Customs will do as they please.

Have a trip to there office and tell them you wish to get this corruption lark knocked on the head, and if they hand over your items you will not report them to the boss man.

Welcome to Thailand, you are barking up the wrong Soi here. Thai Customs will do as they please.

Have a trip to there office and tell them you wish to get this corruption lark knocked on the head, and if they hand over your items you will not report them to the boss man.

maybe they get to keep ( share) all the abandon items people do not pay the extortion on.

I think for packages coming from businesses and online retailers, you should notify them of the problems you are having. I know iherb.com has suspended shipping online orders via couriers and only ships via standard post to Thailand. Make your voice heard!

DHL, UPS and FedEx......Never ever use them.......The Customs office is corupt for sure. But also act to prevent millons of people from ordering cheaper even better products and avoiding Vat and import duty.

Almost nobody pays income tax and if they do they cheat as that system can be beat.

The Govts money has to come from somewhere.

This is likely a custom issue. But I feel I have to rant a bit about DHL given I have to work with them on a daily basis and I just happen to work in the same building as them.

Man are they annoying. You check the tracking number on their web site and all you get is a lot of cryptic messages that you don't understand. The constantly say the ETA is at the end of the day of a certain day, yet they show up 24 hours later. And most DHL female employees are very good looking. Seems like that's all that they care about.

I am in the same boat right now with UPS. I wrote a formal complaint today to some email address where complaints go and I am giving them a day before posting the whole detailed story here.

they will be trembling in their boots..

Bwahahahahahahaha