Wissanu denies rumours of NCPO pushing for 'selected' Senate

Lite Beer

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said he has no knowledge of the rumour that some National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) members are pushing the Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) to ensure that all Senate members are selected under the new charter.

Wissanu said he does not know where the rumour comes from, as he only heard about it via media. He reiterated that the government and the NCPO were sticking with what had been conveyed to the CDC earlier.

When asked if the government had suggested that all senators be selected rather than elected, Wissanu said he did not know. Asked if CDC's work has been made more difficult by the rumour, the deputy PM said he couldn't verify the rumour so was not able to answer the question.

However, he said he was looking into the source of the rumour, though it was not necessary to set up a committee for the job.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Wissanu-denies-rumours-of-NCPO-pushing-for-selecte-30266205.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-08

Of course they'll ALL be selected. That's the whole point. Why would they go back to 1997?

Some will be selected and appointed directly (~ 60%). Others (~ 40 %) will be selected to run (unopposed) from the NCPO party; one assumes they might be "elected"?

When you go on record and start denying rumours, you know there's an element of truth in that rumour.

This Wissanau looks like a shifty bloke as it is.

I would much rather have seen the Junta take action against one of its own Generals for the rumour that a U.S. Agency was behind the recent student protests, and that they also brainwashed them.

Naturally he denied it.
But he did say there was no need for a (nother) committee to investigate the source of the rumour. Which suggests it might have been him running a flag up the pole.

When you go on record and start denying rumours, you know there's an element of truth in that rumour.

This Wissanau looks like a shifty bloke as it is.

I would much rather have seen the Junta take action against one of its own Generals for the rumour that a U.S. Agency was behind the recent student protests, and that they also brainwashed them.

I don't always believe that by denying rumours there is an element of truth.

For example there was a rumour going around that the PM had transferred 10,xxxxxxxxxx baht to an account in Singapore. Was it ever proven or just a rumour which couldn't be proved?

In Wissanu's case I have no idea of the truth and I doubt many others have either.

It is one reason why I don't believe in rumours. They are easy to start and very hard to disprove.