“Son of Police Officer” caught with gun at South Pattaya Police Checkpoint

Lite Beer

“Son of Police Officer” caught with gun at South Pattaya Police Checkpoint

gun-3.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Just before daybreak on Friday a 25 year old man was caught with a loaded gun at a Police Checkpoint in South Pattaya and when he was arrested he claimed to be the Son of a serving Police Officer at Banglamung Police Station.

Khun Pantasorn was caught with a 9mm semi-automatic handgun loaded with 5 bullets which he was carrying in a shoulder bag. After the weapon was found, at the checkpoint in Soi Bongkot, he revealed that he was the Son of a Police Sub-Lieutenant who works at Banglamung Police Station in an attempt to “clear” the case and be set free.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/211132/son-of-police-officer-caught-with-gun-at-south-pattaya-police-checkpoint/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-08

Well, give him a credit for not trying to smuggle it on board a plane... a gun now days is a must

have for an up and coming macho Thai men, there are so many around and in the wrong hands

this is an epidemic and not a joke any more.....

Like I have posted before. Most of you have no clus as to how many Thais carry sidearms. Nor do a lot of people know how many people are shot or shot and killed here. The media only reports a small number.

give him time and it will dissappear with the help of his dad and some tea money along the way i,am sure.no case to answer

Exactly----- nothing new here what's next.

And just to put it in perspective,my wife was out jogging as usual about 4pm yesterday and came up upon a group of young lads and a bit of a fight.Suddenly one of them broke away and came running towards her.One lad pulled out a gun and another a big knife.The gun was pointed at my wife with the runaway in the middle.My wife did a duck and dodge move and beat a hot retreat. No shots and a happy ending,with the gang chasing the runaway. But really,how many instances happen like this SCARY

Once he was caught packing at the police checkpoint, I believe the correct answer when questioned should have been:

Quoting a well-known Thai ex-police general: "The gun isn't mine."

That seems to be the golden phrase to have the case promptly ignored and all criminal charges erased/stopped.

I have stated previously Thailand is becoming more like America every day in the week a gun society . I think anyone carrying a gun should be taught a lesson .

Get real. Thailand has more than double the gun murder rate that the US has. LINK

Thailand's just isn't obsessed about on TVF the way it is about the US.

Have the Thais ever figured out how Camronwit got through security check at Suvarnhibhumi with the hand gun? Or will this breach of Thai airport security be just another "dropped" Thai security breach?

Shush! You're supposed to have forgotten about that by now.

He was carrying it for dad.

Of course! Dad was called on an emergency to save a small child trapped in car turned over on the highway and forgot his gun. The dutiful son upon noticing that his father had forgotten his gun and fearing for the safety of his dad, jumped on his bike with the forgotten gun. Unfortunately while speeding down the highway on this most urgent mission he was stopped at the Pattaya police check point. IMHO this little misunderstanding will be put to rest shortly. The dutiful son should be commended for his quick thinking and initiative. 100% fact, no BS here!

Why would you be walking about with a Gun ???

I must of led a sheltered life, it's beyond me.....

Agree ... Its amazing to hear/see how many illegal guns there are in this loony-bin ... They actually think its Manly to carry guns and drive like a maniac - In civilized countries most of them would be in the "Big House" but here they are driving around looking for someone to show how small a brain (and Johnson ...) they have ...

Like I have posted before. Most of you have no clus as to how many Thais carry sidearms. Nor do a lot of people know how many people are shot or shot and killed here. The media only reports a small number.

Like I've asked before, If most of "us" "have no clue" then how do "you" know so much?

Thank you

Now back on T

Yes there are plenty, it would seem, but from the few that I personally know, who were in gun clubs, all stopped because of the cost of ammo.

10 million known guns in Thailand! Dont ever call them peaceful people.

Guns keep peace plus with 10 million armed people's probably enapires everyone else to get tooled up for self defence

Maybe he was just carrying it to feel safer

I know allot of people that carry guns not to kill just so they can relax when walking around

Most of them are women but some men also

Women are more vunerble to attacks

Carrying a gun doesn't mean he has intent or murder

Edited by BigC