Pheu Thai strongly opposes draft charter

Lite Beer

indifference or resignation?

both are the friends of those who want to continue with a back-a$$wards feudal system of farming on the backs of the Thai people. It's been that way for centuries, and it has been that way for most of the last century, too.

It's about time for a change. The people of Thailand know that they have rights and that they have a voice.

Change is just a matter of time.

And make no mistake, it's going to be a fight when it comes... again, and again, and again....

You mean the reds are going to kill children again and throw grenades and stuff. Seems you revel in violence often posting about it. Then cry when the army comes in and shoots at them.

This is not about democracy just about who is stealing from them. The current regime at least makes sure nobody gets killed and does something against corruption. The previous government did nothing, this one does a bit more but not enough. But at least it does something instead of nothing.

and the Dem government did...? what??? you always (and others) snipe at the PTP but 'forget' that the royalist elite government did nothing too AND with Suthep as DPM

this government has focussed on 'The Purge' and Demonizing Thaksin to secure the elites support has it crossed your mind how rich the guys in government are? seen the table have you? go research

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

indifference or resignation?

both are the friends of those who want to continue with a back-a$$wards feudal system of farming on the backs of the Thai people. It's been that way for centuries, and it has been that way for most of the last century, too.

It's about time for a change. The people of Thailand know that they have rights and that they have a voice.

Change is just a matter of time.

And make no mistake, it's going to be a fight when it comes... again, and again, and again....

"Change is just a matter of time.

And make no mistake, it's going to be a fight when it comes... again, and again, and again...."

You just can't wait for the red scum to kick off again, can you ?

Then when people start getting killed you will have something really meaty to sink your teeth into.

These are human lives we are talking about here, not pawns in a chess game.

so we have the usual drivel from djjamie and his merry band of right wing non-thinkers

opposing this right wing charter is NOT about supporting Thaksin, PT, the Yeti or the Tooth Fairy it's about opposing the elite from removing democracy and enslaving the people to the elite yoke

I have no doubt the charter will be passed and why? because NO opposition will be tolerated, NO campaigning against it, NO alternative on the ballot form and... most importantly, it will be Hobson's Choice - vote for it OR the Army Junta stay in power

Thais will vote for it because the vast majority don't want a Military Junta and they see no other way out. It's a crying shame for Thailand and an absolute manipulation which will be heralded as a 'Victory' by Suthep, Prayuth and all the elite dinosaurs and, of course, by some deluded TVF posters (you know who you are).

So where is your evidence of a "vast majority" who don't want a military junta?

well an election would show that wouldn't it? and the charter vote will show that won't it?

IF the Thais WANT a military junta then the best way to have one is VOTE NO because then they will stay whistling.gif

Actually neither will. The junta won't be on the ballot, and acceptance of the charter doesn't indicate opposition to the junta government.

When I raise the subject, the result is almost universal indifference, which leads me to believe your "vast majority" is fantasy.

"When I raise the subject, the result is almost universal indifference, which leads me to believe your "vast majority" is fantasy."

Actually, the "almost universal indifference" is not due to the subject, but rather your views on it.

interesting that the fanatics both mention children and killing...

Try this on for size, how many children have died because the elites and the generals sucked the country dry for decades?

Let's look at a hard facts...

Prior to 30 Baht, poorer provinces had significantly higher infant mortality rates than richer provinces. After 30 Baht, this correlation evaporates to zero. The results suggest that increased access to healthcare among the poor can significantly reduce their infant mortality rates.

See how that works, guys?

The rich suck the country dry.

The rich keep the average Thai down, boot on their neck.

And you - what can you do but shout "red scum"....

You're all off in lala land. The scum are driving Ferraris and Mercedes...

Actually neither will. The junta won't be on the ballot, and acceptance of the charter doesn't indicate opposition to the junta government.

When I raise the subject, the result is almost universal indifference, which leads me to believe your "vast majority" is fantasy.

"When I raise the subject, the result is almost universal indifference, which leads me to believe your "vast majority" is fantasy."

Actually, the "almost universal indifference" is not due to the subject, but rather your views on it.

Among the major differences between us, I actually live here, have made the effort to learn some Thai, and actually speak to Thai people. i also refrain from forcing my views on others, something you should try.

OTOH you may have convincing evidence the "vast majority" are anti-junta.

Try this on for size, how many children have died because the elites and the generals sucked the country dry for decades?

Prior to 30 Baht, poorer provinces had significantly higher infant mortality rates than richer provinces. After 30 Baht, this correlation evaporates to zero. The results suggest that increased access to healthcare among the poor can significantly reduce their infant mortality rates.

.....and a pink Rolls Royce.

Hundreds of VIP got very rich during Yinglucks non democratic governing, and the what --1 trillion baht of rice and tablet money could have paid for Thailand free health care.

The actual red Shin PTP brigade had 3 years to correct the wrongs many of you minority posters are complaining about.

Among the major differences between us, I actually live here, have made the effort to learn some Thai, and actually speak to Thai people. i also refrain from forcing my views on others, something you should try.

Ha Ha Ha this junta hater---is trying to drum up support of another 6 to enrol on TVF

did you understand my point? it appears not

the choice IS yes for charter - Junta goes away (sort of because elite continue to rule)

NO charter - Junta stays (for the good of the people)

so it's Hobson's Choice

So the only people that will vote for the charter are those who don't like the proposers. blink.png

Or those who like what the junta are doing won't vote for what the junta has been doing because they want them to keep doing it. Do you realise how ridiculous that proposition is?

Do you have anything else to support your imaginary "vast majority"?

clauses that allow the military junta to maintain its power and seemed to reject sovereignty of the people.

And that is the important bit................ of course what most read is like the usual bunch of nodding dogs.... Red baaaad yellow goood. No its just BAD for people, end of.

Try to look at the bigger picture for a change...the real story is the rights and freedoms being taken away and military meddling written IN to the charter thats important not the party pointing it out ....

Ok you can go back to your "but Thaksin" distraction now.coffee1.gif

A countries constitution must not allow any military involvement in an elected government. as you correctly point out. Of course this new constitution is an illegal document in any case being created by an illegal government.

I am new here now but lived in Thailand before Thaksin and left in 2005 because of Thaksin.

That was 10 years ago and nothing but trouble here all theses years.

I think PM Prayut has done the right think and saw on television that the King of the country agrees.

Perhaps Thailand is not ready for a full democracy considering that the population in Bangkok is only one third of the country's population.

I returned to Thailand last month because the General was able to bring some kind of normalcy back and think Thailand will become great again.

"Among the major differences between us, I actually live here, have made the effort to learn some Thai, and actually speak to Thai people."

Well then, I'll bow to your vastly superior knowledge because I have only lived here for a measly 22 years, been married for 17. I could claim that I also speak to Thais on a regular basis but I'm sure the knowledge you gain from saying sawasdee krap to the security guard in your condo or buying your Archa beer in your local 7/11 vastly surpasses anything I pick up.

BTW, anything on this yet?

"Thanks for the lesson - who knew!

FYI I am questioning the wealth of ALL of these guys, regardless of political affiliation. You see, I'm not a cheerleader but rather like more/most/a majority of the TV members who are able to see the hidiousness of the previous administrations, but that this in NO WAY justifies the coup.

That's where you cheerleaders fail spectacularly.

One question for you; are you going to ask where the PM got his millions from?"

Edited by MZurf

I am new here now but lived in Thailand before Thaksin and left in 2005 because of Thaksin.

That was 10 years ago and nothing but trouble here all theses years.

I think PM Prayut has done the right think and saw on television that the King of the country agrees.

Perhaps Thailand is not ready for a full democracy considering that the population in Bangkok is only one third of the country's population.

I returned to Thailand last month because the General was able to bring some kind of normalcy back and think Thailand will become great again.

"Perhaps Thailand is not ready for a full democracy considering that the population in Bangkok is only one third of the country's population."

Huh?

Ha Ha Ha this junta hater---is trying to drum up support of another 6 to enrol on TVF

I am the last person in the world to criticize someone for their poor English (I am also not a native English speaker) but you have got to be sure what you write isn't complete gibberish - especially if you're trying to be funny.

"Among the major differences between us, I actually live here, have made the effort to learn some Thai, and actually speak to Thai people."

Well then, I'll bow to your vastly superior knowledge because I have only lived here for a measly 22 years, been married for 17. I could claim that I also speak to Thais on a regular basis but I'm sure the knowledge you gain from saying sawasdee krap to the security guard in your condo or buying your Archa beer in your local 7/11 vastly surpasses anything I pick up.

FYI I am questioning the wealth of ALL of these guys, regardless of political affiliation. You see, I'm not a cheerleader but rather like more/most/a majority of the TV members who are able to see the hidiousness of the previous administrations, but that this in NO WAY justifies the coup.

You'll pardon me if I don't believe you, but you have the credibility of a 3 dollar note. While you make claims, I don't recall one post actually criticizing a Thaksin government specifically, one post deriding any of their stupid and expensive populist policies, or one pointing out the criminality of Yingluk's ministers.

Yes, the Thaksin administrations were hideous, rife with corruption, nepotism and abuse of office, and I will support ANY attempt to stop that recurring. I don't care where the PM's money comes from even if it is from corruption, compared to the Shinawatras he is an amateur penny-ante player with enough morals to at least be discreet. Something had to be done to break the cycle because repeating the same action and expecting different results is the definition of idiocy.

Why don't you let your girlfriend post for you? I'm more likely to get an intelligent conversation from the organ-grinder than the monkey.

Aussie inThailand

So you like the idea of the proposed constitution having provision for military rule and that Thai people are no longer a sovereign nation?

Thailand , = land of the free,,,,,,,,,,, NOT!!! so they'll have to think of a new name for the country.

This wouldn't fly in your home country would it?

So you liked the idea of the proposed constitution having provision for a new dynastic family rule and that Thailand and its people would no longer be a sovereign nation?

Thailand , = land of the free,,,,,,,,,,, NOT!!! so under the Thaksin P.T.P. clant hey'll have to think of a new name for the country.

Thaksinland or perhaps Shinwatraland ?

This wouldn't fly in your home country would it?

With all due respect this isn't our home country so please do not try to divert the thread.

Edited by arfurcrown

I assume Pheu Thai party came to their point of view on their own?

"Thaksin Shinawatra urges his supporters and "all democratic advocates" to reject the draft constitution in his latest move against the junta."

Oh, btw didn't we start with non-obstruction through non-cooperation? Followed by 'we didn't really mean that, why are we ignored' and even some friendly words from our favorite criminal fugitive.

Ya know why do the threads always get side tracked into mudslinging tirades based on historical nepotism, corruption, violence etc when TRT/PPP/PTP, Reds, Yellows, Dems etc were in power.

This is Asia, nepotism, corruption and violence is how they roll here and it makes no difference if Taksin, Abhisit or Del Boy were running the country those traits would and will continue (liking it disliking it is your personal choice). The charter in its umpteenth reincarnation however needs to be agreed by all political parties and their backer and cronies so that there are some basic ground rules to at least control those political characteristics. So that those who take a few too many liberties can be drawn back and censured (at least privately) with time this may allow for some development of honest practice to take hold.

But what happened, happened, dragging over those hot coals again will not drive the country forward. The current best hope for that is a charter all parties agree with and subscribe to unanimously.

PTP is clearly looking for some concessions and further discussion is required so they support it.

Edited by jonclark

Ya know why do the threads always get side tracked into mudslinging tirades based on historical nepotism, corruption, violence etc when TRT/PPP/PTP, Reds, Yellows, Dems etc were in power.

This is Asia, nepotism, corruption and violence is how they roll here and it makes no difference if Taksin, Abhisit or Del Boy were running the country those traits would and will continue (liking it disliking it is your personal choice). The charter in its umpteenth reincarnation however needs to be agreed by all political parties and their backer and cronies so that there are some basic ground rules to at least control those political characteristics. So that those who take a few too many liberties can be drawn back and censured (at least privately) with time this may allow for some development of honest practice to take hold.

But what happened, happened, dragging over those hot coals again will not drive the country forward. The current best hope for that is a charter all parties agree with and subscribe to unanimously.

PTP is clearly looking for some concessions and further discussion is required so they support it.

The PTP wants concessions!!! What!! they will either put up with it whether they like it or not, or they can call for the people to strike it down and they can start the whole process over again. THEY have no say in it whatsoever - apart from their own individual votes in a referendum, that is.

You'll pardon me if I don't believe you, but you have the credibility of a 3 dollar note. While you make claims, I don't recall one post actually criticizing a Thaksin government specifically, one post deriding any of their stupid and expensive populist policies, or one pointing out the criminality of Yingluk's ministers.

Yes, the Thaksin administrations were hideous, rife with corruption, nepotism and abuse of office, and I will support ANY attempt to stop that recurring. I don't care where the PM's money comes from even if it is from corruption, compared to the Shinawatras he is an amateur penny-ante player with enough morals to at least be discreet. Something had to be done to break the cycle because repeating the same action and expecting different results is the definition of idiocy.

Why don't you let your girlfriend post for you? I'm more likely to get an intelligent conversation from the organ-grinder than the monkey.

Now, now. There is no need to be abusive just because you have had your ass handed to you again and again. Go and get an Archa in 7-11 and chill out. Maybe you can pick up some nuggets of knowledge from the staff there.

"While you make claims, I don't recall one post actually criticizing a Thaksin government specifically, one post deriding any of their stupid and expensive populist policies, or one pointing out the criminality of Yingluk's ministers. "

Then you really haven't paid attention (but we know that already).

"I don't care where the PM's money comes from even if it is from corruption, compared to the Shinawatras he is an amateur penny-ante player with enough morals to at least be discreet."

Well guys, there we have it. He doesn't care as long as it's not the Shins snouts in the trough. Glad you finally fessed up that anything and everything the junta does is justified by the "but, but, but...Thaksin!" argument. And FYI our dear leader isn't particularly discreet - just very threatening to anyone asking questions.

"Something had to be done to break the cycle because repeating the same action and expecting different results is the definition of idiocy."

Oh, you mean like having one coup after another and expecting a different result this time? I agree with you, that's.......crazy.gif

I don't care where the PM's money comes from even if it is from corruption, compared to the Shinawatras he is an amateur penny-ante player with enough morals to at least be discreet.

wow, now that is a pretty amazing admission.... Personally, I care. And I would care if we were talking about an elected politician, a general or a police chief...

Something had to be done to break the cycle because repeating the same action and expecting different results is the definition of idiocy.

dang - I really really wonder about you - are you that completely out-of-phase with reality that you don't see which cycle it is that keeps repeating itself???

Come on, up your game.

(although given your juvenile closing comment, that may be beyond your abilities... whistling.gif )

"The scum are driving Ferraris and Mercedes... " - True - and flying around in their private planes, or spending large amounts on jewels and designer goods.

One family increased their wealth 450% during their owned party's term in office. Not bad - how'd the rest of the country do?

Just remember all the players are elites - all lining their pockets any way they can.

I assume Pheu Thai party came to their point of view on their own?

"Thaksin Shinawatra urges his supporters and "all democratic advocates" to reject the draft constitution in his latest move against the junta."

The PTP MP's complained that their boss stopped their salaries when they got kicked out of government. So they lost the official MP salary and the one Thaksin paid them.

Perhaps he's reinstating it or injecting some money back in?

Amply rich billionaires can do things like that when they want to.

and running over innocent people in them

"The scum are driving Ferraris and Mercedes... " - True - and flying around in their private planes, or spending large amounts on jewels and designer goods.

One family increased their wealth 450% during their owned party's term in office. Not bad - how'd the rest of the country do?

Just remember all the players are elites - all lining their pockets any way they can.

Evidence & correct English please!

forest, trees, can't see one ...