'French Fries' crowned Miss Thailand World

webfact

'French Fries' crowned Miss Thailand World
By Coconuts Bangkok

fries1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Twenty-two-year-old “French Fries” from Chiang Mai was crowned the new Miss Thailand World and won a THB1 million cash prize along with a new house and brand-new Nissan on Saturday night.

French Fries, also known as Thanyachanok Moonninta, graduated from Thammasat University with a degree in Chinese Studies, speaks fluent Chinese and is Thailand’s hope to win over the Chinese judges in the international Miss World contest, which will be held in Hainan in December.

Before winning Miss Thailand World, French Fries was a model, actress, MC, and host of the news show “Good Morning on the Road”. Good job, girl!

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/17/french-fries-crowned-miss-thailand-world

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-17

An actually pretty Miss Thailand. Amazing.

Talk about missing a story by referring to her nickname and not spelling out how she got it. Well, it might have been interesting. And then maybe not. Might have to wait for an enterprising international press reporter to do the story right.

Sadly, given the level of English language skills of the majority of Thai - I bet that she cannot even correctly pronounce her own nickname

Hope you can pronounce your name in Thai ...

Actually my first name doesn't really work in Thai, but my middle name - Stephen, shortened to Steve and with added Thainess สัตีบ is now pronounced Sateeb.

Edited by oztaurus

Sadly, given the level of English language skills of the majority of Thai - I bet that she cannot even correctly pronounce her own nickname

Hope you can pronounce your name in Thai ...

Actually my first name doesn't really work in Thai, but my middle name - Stephen, shortened to Steve and with added Thainess สัตีบ is now pronounced Sateeb.

Good man..may she can pronounce and write her nickname as well...and may even in Chinese...