Powerful bomb explode near Rajprasong intersection wounding 20 people

webfact

When they find the woman who placed that shopping bag @ the shrine, and they will.....

They should use pipes and blow torches until everyone is given up.....

That is if she's still alive!

RIP to those innocent people..

A true tragedy!

The extend of this explosion is much bigger than what could be caused by a bomb in a shopping bag. Most of the explosives used in the southern terrorists attacks are home made and not commercial or military grade, for that reason you need much bigger quantities to cause damage on this scale.

Try to reverse the thought process. There is no indication that this was homemade explosive, there is no link to the South (at this time?).

There is no reason not to assume that it wasn't C4 or another commercial/military grade used.

But, whatever, whoever carried out the attack was looking at maximum collateral damage to put their message across.

My heart goes out to the families of both the dead and to those of the critically wounded.

If one would be out for maximum collateral damage, he/she would certainly have used another location such as Khao San Road and done it in broad daylight. The shrine is the key and the key is religious and/or personal.

You are talking about tourists, i was talking about placement in a specific area.

But please, this should not be the discussion on this thread.

Sorry for my original comments.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they find the woman who placed that shopping bag @ the shrine, and they will.....

They should use pipes and blow torches until everyone is given up.....

That is if she's still alive!

RIP to those innocent people..

A true tragedy!

The extend of this explosion is much bigger than what could be caused by a bomb in a shopping bag. Most of the explosives used in the southern terrorists attacks are home made and not commercial or military grade, for that reason you need much bigger quantities to cause damage on this scale.

Try to reverse the thought process. There is no indication that this was homemade explosive, there is no link to the South (at this time?).

There is no reason not to assume that it wasn't C4 or another commercial/military grade used.

But, whatever, whoever carried out the attack was looking at maximum collateral damage to put their message across.

My heart goes out to the families of both the dead and to those of the critically wounded.

Actually, the Thai press has been reporting consistently that the government says it was a pipe bomb (homemade) containing TNT (not C4). Try to inform yourself better before posting.

Actually, the Thai press has been reporting consistently that the government says it was a pipe bomb (homemade) containing TNT (not C4). Try to inform yourself better before posting.

Pipe bomb big enough to make a blast like that would be the size of the sewage mains.

That's military grade explosives.

This has muslim extremist written all over it.

If they have brought the bombing from Pattani to Bangkok, then Thailand is in big trouble.

The Muslim situation is a worldwide problem and MUST be illuminated immediately for the sake of mankind.

Stupidest comment ever

1. The Muslim problems have been going on for decades

2. They have no cells in Bangkok

3. They would lose their foreign sponsors

4. They would receive massive backlash by the government which the world community would agree to

5. The Southern problem is more complex than you think

One bomb in Bangkok is worth 1000 in the south.

They would loose foreign sponsors ? who is been stupid now?

my vote goes to the guy who cant spell "lose"

I think authorities and media need to be careful with 'suspects' rather than 'someone who was there' they'd like to speak with

It's like that Boston bombing where they'd identified a couple of guys with backpacks and everyone on Twitter found out who they were ... turned out it was nothing to do with them and I think they even got a payout from the city for all the grief they got

This has muslim extremist written all over it.

If they have brought the bombing from Pattani to Bangkok, then Thailand is in big trouble.

The Muslim situation is a worldwide problem and MUST be illuminated immediately for the sake of mankind.

Why ? have they found a bit of paper in Arabic or a passport from a Saudi at the blast site ?

I think authorities and media need to be careful with 'suspects' rather than 'someone who was there' they'd like to speak with

It's like that Boston bombing where they'd identified a couple of guys with backpacks and everyone on Twitter found out who they were ... turned out it was nothing to do with them and I think they even got a payout from the city for all the grief they got

I called him suspect, police might have called him "person of interest" or some other terminology.

Picture released look quite bad for him, he's wearing a backpack in the first picture, not in the second, looks like he's hiding tattoos on his forearms, and there's pictures of him inside the shrine with the backpack....

Edited by firestar

if "they" wanted highest damage they would indeed do the job in KSR. many victims, most of them young foreign tourists. that would have major impact.

that shrine is popular but not a very crowdy place compared to other places in BKK.

maybe just a warning this time... let's wait and see what the investigation comes up with.

if "they" wanted highest damage they would indeed do the job in KSR. many victims, most of them young foreign tourists. that would have major impact.

that shrine is popular but not a very crowdy place compared to other places in BKK.

maybe just a warning this time... let's wait and see what the investigation comes up with.

At this time of day it's VERY crowded compared to most other places. It's just across from central world, tons of office workers stopping to pray on their way to the BTS and foreign tourists, it's packed around 7pm. It's also a religious landmark, if the target is to scare not only tourist but locals too you can hardly find a place more central and significant.

You are talking about tourists, i was talking about placement in a specific area.

Heard it was 3kg of TNT

if it was 3KG's it would have done a lot more damage than that, and killed a lot more people, a single KG of PETN will tear a vehicle apart.

Careful. Remember the Boston bombings where some reddit users pointed the finger at some CCTV imagery - the poor innocent lad committed suicide. Lets wait for the experts to do their thing.

Heard it was 3kg of TNT

if it was 3KG's it would have done a lot more damage than that, and killed a lot more people, a single KG of PETN will tear a vehicle apart.

Well it blew right throw the wall that surrounded the shrine and went right across the road

Careful. Remember the Boston bombings where some reddit users pointed the finger at some CCTV imagery - the poor innocent lad committed suicide. Lets wait for the experts to do their thing.

Are you sure about the suicide? It's true that there was an early mistake but I don't recall that a suicide resulted.

I think this came from the police

Are you sure about the suicide? It's true that there was an early mistake but I don't recall that a suicide resulted.

He did commit suicide, but it's unclear whether this was related to the misidentification. He'd already been missing for a month when the bombings took place.

I know a couple of hundred local SAS guys who could nab that terrorist in under 24 hours

I think you need to take your pills and take a rest because you are becoming disillusional

No more delusional than some of the crap others are posting on this explosion

Pipe bomb big enough to make a blast like that would be the size of the sewage mains.

TNT is a military explosive...

I know a couple of hundred local SAS guys who could nab that terrorist in under 24 hours

I think you need to take your pills and take a rest because you are becoming disillusional

You need to know about SAS guys in Thailand to understand the attempt at light humor...never mind

Heard it was 3kg of TNT

Well it blew right throw the wall that surrounded the shrine and went right across the road

watch this, and compare it to the blast last night ;)

then watch this one with only 400 grammes of C4

TNT is a military explosive...

So as hand grenades, AKs, M16s, M79 and RPGs and we all know who possessed that

Edited by yuv06