49% of young Brits are gay or bi

AyG

It seems to be rampant doesn't it----I was minding my own business in a bar last week when a guy came over to me and said, "You look like a right Gay to me."

I was so outraged, I immediately challenged him to a dance off...........................coffee1.gif

Not one bit supprised, They all ( or most ) look like a load of wooly-woofters. The other day I was talking to a guy,or should I say shouting to him ( I felt sorry for him,wearing hearing aides )

He said no need to shout! I mentiond his hearing aids, Hearing aids he said!! they are my ear rings. Big black bastards stuck in his ear lobes. Real ginger-beer.

Not one bit supprised, They all ( or most ) look like a load of wooly-woofters. The other day I was talking to a guy,or should I say shouting to him ( I felt sorry for him,wearing hearing aides )

He said no need to shout! I mentiond his hearing aids, Hearing aids he said!! they are my ear rings. Big black bastards stuck in his ear lobes. Real ginger-beer.

Typo= surprised

It seems to be rampant doesn't it----I was minding my own business in a bar last week when a guy came over to me and said, "You look like a right Gay to me."

I was so outraged, I immediately challenged him to a dance off...........................

Handbags at Dawn.....

Last real survey I saw said as a percentage of the UK population it was closer to 3% for gay and 5% if you added the bi and occaisional dabblers..

It only seems to be growing because of the huge gay lobby pushing their agenda in the media and Parliament.

The only reason that has so much weight is that gays are massively over represented in Films, TV, Politics, Fashion, Press and Advertising.. There's probably a larger proportion of the population into building model trains, but they never get a minutes airtime..

interesting, according to the kinsey scale i am a 1 - only incidentally homosexual.

seems appropriate, but the i would say the "incidentally" homosexual stems from the fact that while i am hetero sexual i am in no way threatened by homosexuality or situations where homosexuality comes into play so to speak.

i would also speculate that many people - men especially - are lying to themselves as well as the test.

see for yourself - http://vistriai.com/kinseyscaletest/

I'm a stat as in 51% thank god now where's my bible gone Noah's ark 2x2 not gay but male female gender oh and what about Adam and Eve, and the little baby Jesus, not religious minded but I do remember the right from wrong that was taught at school.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/18/not-straight-not-gay-just-thinking-outside-the-box

The Guardian version of the same poll is more entertaining and interesting. The 49% refers only to the 18-24 age group (suits me).

What is nice about the whole survey is that it shows people not thinking in stereotypes, and refusing to be classified accordingly.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/18/not-straight-not-gay-just-thinking-outside-the-box

The Guardian version of the same poll is more entertaining and interesting. The 49% refers only to the 18-24 age group (suits me).

What is nice about the whole survey is that it shows people not thinking in stereotypes, and refusing to be classified accordingly.

More like 69%

49%? Then why aren't all the old queens in Thailand (there are quite a few of us) haring back to the UK for a bit of white nooky?

Did the Telegraph tell you about the 73% who have green blood, and the 28% with visible antennae?

Does not matter,as they are only into brown nooky

Last real survey I saw said as a percentage of the UK population it was closer to 3% for gay and 5% if you added the bi and occaisional dabblers..

It only seems to be growing because of the huge gay lobby pushing their agenda in the media and Parliament.

The only reason that has so much weight is that gays are massively over represented in Films, TV, Politics, Fashion, Press and Advertising.. There's probably a larger proportion of the population into building model trains, but they never get a minutes airtime..

OK, let me get this: Seeing gay people on TV makes young people gay? That's an interesting theory.

Last time I looked, most couples on TV are straight, and all of them were, until recently. So, should that have made everybody straight? How come there are gay people at all?

So many questions, I hope you have an answer, as your theory must be well thought-through.

I'm a stat as in 51% thank god now where's my bible gone Noah's ark 2x2 not gay but male female gender oh and what about Adam and Eve, and the little baby Jesus, not religious minded but I do remember the right from wrong that was taught at school.

They teach you fairy tales at school? Interesting that you say you don't believe them but still bring them up here.

Yes, that big old book of fairy tales does state that this omnipotent being created a man and a woman. But still, there are many gays and lesbians around. Since the being is omnipotent, wouldn't you say that it created gays and lesbians also?

If your school told you that homosexuality is wrong, your school was wrong, easy as that.

This is so...true?

People refusing to be put into pigeon holes is a slippery slope. Next thing you know, there'll Mormons claiming to be a little bit Country and a little bit Rock n Roll.

T

No no no....look at the British girls.....I am sure if I would have seen them from young age I would have turned gay as well. They should force clothes like Saudi Arabia on them and slowly the males will turn back normal gigglem.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like nonsense to me. Gays and even bisexuals are still a minority. 1,600 young people hardly define all of Britain but even so I wonder how those young people decided upon their sexuality? Are the ones saying they aren't "fully straight" people who have simply had homosexual thoughts once or twice as young teenagers?

A trend I've noticed is that there's a lot of people again nowadays saying they're bisexual. We had this in the 80's once when it was "cool" to be bi and then most of those people turned out just to people who experimented once or twice.

They teach you fairy tales at school? Interesting that you say you don't believe them but still bring them up here.

Yes, that big old book of fairy tales does state that this omnipotent being created a man and a woman. But still, there are many gays and lesbians around. Since the being is omnipotent, wouldn't you say that it created gays and lesbians also?

If your school told you that homosexuality is wrong, your school was wrong, easy as that.

Depends on what you're calling a fairy tale. Adam or Eve or Jesus? Jesus was a historical person (just like Buddha, Muhammad and Confucius) the extra-biblical records prove it, in fact believe it or not but The Bible itself is proof and I say this as a non-Christian. The letters of Paul themselves are enough to prove the historical existence of Jesus.

Just because there's events that aren't true in The Bible, hasn't made it all untrue, there's a reason archaeologists and even historians regard it as a valuable resource and yes they teach it at school because true or not it did shape a lot western history.

I find Christ-mythers (those who deny the existence of Jesus or say it's a conspiracy) similar to creationists. Both deny facts because of their emotion and strong beliefs.

As for God, well belief in a god can exist independent of religion, in fact it has. Many of the arguments for God's existence are as old as Ancient Greece, the "prime mover" and "first cause" arguments coming from ancient Greek philosophers such as Aristotle and Plato.

Sounds like nonsense to me. Gays and even bisexuals are still a minority. 1,600 young people hardly define all of Britain but even so I wonder how those young people decided upon their sexuality? Are the ones saying they aren't "fully straight" people who have simply had homosexual thoughts once or twice as young teenagers?

A trend I've noticed is that there's a lot of people again nowadays saying they're bisexual. We had this in the 80's once when it was "cool" to be bi and then most of those people turned out just to people who experimented once or twice.

Depends on what you're calling a fairy tale. Adam or Eve or Jesus? Jesus was a historical person (just like Buddha, Muhammad and Confucius) the extra-biblical records prove it, in fact believe it or not but The Bible itself is proof and I say this as a non-Christian. The letters of Paul themselves are enough to prove the historical existence of Jesus.

Just because there's events that aren't true in The Bible, hasn't made it all untrue, there's a reason archaeologists and even historians regard it as a valuable resource and yes they teach it at school because true or not it did shape a lot western history.

I find Christ-mythers (those who deny the existence of Jesus or say it's a conspiracy) similar to creationists. Both deny facts because of their emotion and strong beliefs.

As for God, well belief in a god can exist independent of religion, in fact it has. Many of the arguments for God's existence are as old as Ancient Greece, the "prime mover" and "first cause" arguments coming from ancient Greek philosophers such as Aristotle and Plato.

I am not doubting that Gautama the Buddha, Jesus the Christ, and Mohammad the Prophet were actual people. I was referring to some hair-raising fairy tales in the Old Testament. Such as Noah's Arch.

Archived