Thai National To Us

i have a young thai friend who is 22. he is a really good worker but very poor. right now he is working two jobs, from 8am to 10pm and then 10pm to whenever the bar closes. he has a friend who has visited him recently who is half thai half american. the guy owns a company in alaska- not sure yet of the details. he asked my little thai friend if he would like to come work for his place in alaska. he would pay all expenses to get him there, sponsor him for a visa etc. this would be such a great opportunity for my friend. i am wondering at the likelihood of him being able to get a visa though? anyone have any advice?

seems easy enough- get passport, apply, interview... but what is the likelihood of someone getting a visa who has nothing, not even a degree? i did a search on here for other people taking thais to the US and can't find any info.

• 4 weeks later...
seems easy enough- get passport, apply, interview... but what is the likelihood of someone getting a visa who has nothing, not even a degree? i did a search on here for other people taking thais to the US and can't find any info.

I'd recommend that his potential employer write a formal letter to the US Consulate for your thai friend to take to his Interview. In that formal letter, the employer should write that they will provide the financial means for your thai friend to travel to and from the USA. Perhaps that will help.