Police Refute 'The Times' Report Naming Suspect

Lite Beer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nikhom, in Parry’s account, said he gave ride to the suspect eight days in a row in February, always at 5:30am from a stand on Sathorn Road and was confident it was the same man show to him in a passport photo shown to him by an immigration official

If this is true then its time to take the rest seriously.

Thing is the times is considered a bit more credible than the Sun or other tabloid press... and besides if Somyot says otherwise it probably means its worth paying attn to.

I expect the Parry had a proper long chat with the taxibike and a lot more questions...

Seems the bike taxi guy is really saying the police didnt ask anywhere near enough questions ... unsurprisingly.

Do you remember what you did 6 months ago at a certain time of the day?

I've often wondered about that.

Excuse me Sir,

Where were you on the 6th of February at 9pm this year ?

Sorry officer, I can't remember where I was at 9pm 7 days ago.

So who do we believe?

neither !

yesterday the mocyc remembered him vaguely by shirt colour but not really any features -today hes 100% sure its the same guy ....

someones twisted his arm .......by cash or by threat is my best guess

Different motorcycle taxi.

You are referring to the one on the day of the bombing.

This guy, Nikhom Tantula, is referring to previous days.

That's what I thought and if he gave him that many rides he should be able to identify him one would think.

So if this is the case they know he is ?????

So who do we believe?

neither !

yesterday the mocyc remembered him vaguely by shirt colour but not really any features -today hes 100% sure its the same guy ....

someones twisted his arm .......by cash or by threat is my best guess

Different motorcycle taxi.

You are referring to the one on the day of the bombing.

This guy, Nikhom Tantula, is referring to previous days.

That's what I thought and if he gave him that many rides he should be able to identify him one would think.

So if this is the case they know he is ?????

All this has done is confirm that the guy pictured in the passport could have been driven by these guys months ago. That does not mean he is the backpack guy. If those drivers who saw him the night of didn't think the passport looked like the guy, then they don't have anything solid. The other post on this says one driver thinks he drove him last December. The other in February.

I find it odd the taxi driver stated he picked up the bomber so many times in february and even recognised him from an immigration photo and yet the police don't seem to be interested very strange,

I'm not so sure they're not interested. They may have gotten what they needed from the motosai guy(s) in 5 minutes of questioning and now moving on to others with more information... Maybe hotel records, apartment owners, other neighbors, etc.

British investigative journalists are the best in the world. If you were to ask me who was more likely to break the case - the RTP or The Times -

It would be The Times, hands down.

Doesn't matter, they would all be jailed and sued for defamation of character here... Truth isn't a priority here.

Edited by Local Drunk