The Latest on Bangkok: Police say suspect may have escaped

Lite Beer

I do hope that these murderers are not the smartest people and are still in Thailand.

I am not sure how easy it is for them to just leave the country and go to say China

or where they came from, but who knows, maybe they were moles. For sure they are

cowards, as all of the terrorists and extremists seem to be. Using bombs to hurt and kill

people the way these 3 have done is really the way of cowards, and the way they work.

I agree that the police seem to be giving up too easy. It would have been a better thing

to have other countries come and help to capture these bomber and friends of his, but

maybe that is too late now.

Edited by metisdead
Font.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats amazing is that no one has claimed credit for this yet. If it were ISIS related they certainly would have claimed credit by now. This kind of attack is to make a point and instill fear. Just strange no group has stepped forward. Makes you start to look within as this is all too convenient. I said from the beginning the Junta is responsible. Don't underestimate the thirst for power and how far one will go to keep it.

Edited by AZBill

If he is Thai he is probably still in country. Not Bangkok but I would say in the South where the problems are. If he isnt Thai then he has gone.

Why though, even if he has gone, cant the police check the records at the airports? They have cameras there and take your photo when you leave. It would give a name and the flight they took could be traced. From there it can be followed.

My guess, and it is only a guess, would be that he went South nd across the border to Malaysia.

Years ago I traced a person through immigration in South Africa. At that time they didnt even have computers.

Would you be able to recognize him from the CCTV footage ? i dont know how the drawing of him came about, but it could it be possible that the drawing is not accurate at all as it seems to focus on the hair and glasses part.

For sure he didnt travel in that outfit, he could have converted himself into any look, dropped the glasses, dropped the wig ( cut off all his hair if its not a wig ) transformed his backpack look into who knows, young business man look or whatever which would make it extremely tough for anyone to draw the line between the two.

If he doesnt bear any resemblence to the drawing, he could maybe be in thailand still where he might have this totally different look than what he had at the shrine thereby raising no suspicion.

Errrr..excuse me Isopax,

" transformed his backpack look into who knows"

I think it is pretty obvious to most of us that he did indeed "transform his backpack".

He blew it up in the blast!

( remember? the bomb was in the backpack)

Please tell us you are not an investigator on this case!whistling.gif

If he is Thai he is probably still in country. Not Bangkok but I would say in the South where the problems are. If he isnt Thai then he has gone.

Why though, even if he has gone, cant the police check the records at the airports? They have cameras there and take your photo when you leave. It would give a name and the flight they took could be traced. From there it can be followed.

My guess, and it is only a guess, would be that he went South nd across the border to Malaysia.

Years ago I traced a person through immigration in South Africa. At that time they didnt even have computers.

Would you be able to recognize him from the CCTV footage ? i dont know how the drawing of him came about, but it could it be possible that the drawing is not accurate at all as it seems to focus on the hair and glasses part.

For sure he didnt travel in that outfit, he could have converted himself into any look, dropped the glasses, dropped the wig ( cut off all his hair if its not a wig ) transformed his backpack look into who knows, young business man look or whatever which would make it extremely tough for anyone to draw the line between the two.

If he doesnt bear any resemblence to the drawing, he could maybe be in thailand still where he might have this totally different look than what he had at the shrine thereby raising no suspicion.

Errrr..excuse me Isopax,

" transformed his backpack look into who knows"

I think it is pretty obvious to most of us that he did indeed "transform his backpack".

He blew it up in the blast!

( remember? the bomb was in the backpack)

Please tell us you are not an investigator on this case!whistling.gif

He obviously meant "backback-look", or (to break it down for you) "backpack-appearance"... missing the hyphen... I think that Isopax is intelligent enough to understand that the backpack was shredded to bits in the blast. Are you out just for personal rants? Seems so, and that might be referred to as "trolling"... The ability to read AND actually understand words in written context helps a lot!

Edited by MockingJay

Whats amazing is that no one has claimed credit for this yet. If it were ISIS related they certainly would have claimed credit by now. This kind of attack is to make a point and instill fear. Just strange no group has stepped forward. Makes you start to look within as this is all too convenient. I said from the beginning the Junta is responsible. Don't underestimate the thirst for power and how far one will go to keep it.

Since the bomber most likely was muslim, identified as "Mohamad Museyin", there is no need to claim responsibility as it might have been his very own mini-jihad, or that of the group he's working with/for. As long as some "infidels" are killed, he/they have achieved what they wanted and won't need to claim anything because they believe that the allmighty Allah saw and appreciated their "holy" deed... You, I and the majority here, as a rational thinking people, will not be able to our heads around the thoughts of a radical muslim. For us, their deeds seem cruel, erratic, irrational... to them, they are the deeds of a "holy martyr". It's sickening, but true. sad.png

I just wonder where the public muslim outrage is, and where the public muslim cendemnation is in regards to this shameful and spineless mass murder. They all are oh so outraged if anyone dares to publish a cartoon or drawing of their prophet, THEN they all stick together and join in to condemn that awful sacrilege, burn flags, vow retaliation... But if there is muslim violence and murder, aimed at non-mulsims, they all stay idle and continue business as usual. No outrage, no empathy, no nothing... Think about it!

Edited by MockingJay

Looks like the link I posted concerning 'Bangkok motor cycle taxi driver who unknowingly drove bomber from bomb blast scene' has been removed or blocked. Can't think why, the taxi driver states the suspect, a foreigner showed him a note with Lumpini Park written in English. He drove him there and en route the suspect made a telephone call. Driver states he also fears for his life as he can recognise the suspect.

Link is still available on ABC news site or Google it.

Edited by Toknarok

Its taken you this long to work that out and your the leader of the POLICE :)

Please get it together son your lost in the land of collecting traffic fine money.... Are you aware that your man power on the ground is using this opportunity to get evn more baht from citizens at road blocks. Its a joke and I do not believe you will ever catch anyone

Call USA or AUSTRALIA only

The rest are a waste of time

Good news this morning, an arrest has finally been made in the Erawan bombing saga. Unfortunately it was only a Hong Kong photojournalist that was nabbed taking a bullet proof vest home with him on the plane. Still, it's a great start and I have full confidence in Somyot and the lads to get to the bottom of this in a fair and transparent way ( and without threatening any more reporters?).

He obviously meant "backback-look", or (to break it down for you) "backpack-appearance"... missing the hyphen... I think that Isopax is intelligent enough to understand that the backpack was shredded to bits in the blast. Are you out just for personal rants? Seems so, and that might be referred to as "trolling"... The ability to read AND actually understand words in written context helps a lot!

Thanks Jay, that was what i meant.

The yellow-shirt appearance is engraved i think in all people's mind after the first video, but all the things that stands out is the yellow t-shirt, curly hair, glasses, bandages - all things easily replaceable so put this guy in a suit and tie and he would go under any radar probably.

Only physical thing we can say for sure is that the guy is thin.

And i do wonder if the drawing is made from the CCTV as primary source, then the drawing might be very wrong too.

A report from a credible UK source with a background of investigative journalism in Thailand suggesting that the bombing is the work of an element within the police force who wants to de-stabilize the government at a time when the government is planning wholesale changes in the running of the police force. Could explain why no claims of responsibility have been made as it is an internal affair and those that need to know already do know. Also would explain why the police seem to be so ambivalent about their investigations and why the site was cleared up so quickly. Think most of you will know the website of the investigative journalist to whom I refer.

No surprise here. The police in Thailand are not a security and intelligence gathering organisation. They are a rent collecting and revenue generating organisation.

Then why don't they issue traffic citations and generate billions of baht?

Actually enforcing laws is an untapped goldmine in Thailand.

They do issue traffic citations, I have driven maybe 6 times in Thailand and received tickets on 2 of those occasions. By comparison, I have driven for almost 40 years in Canada and received the same number. Just unlucky I guess, or perhaps I don't understand the "rules" of the road here.

The "rules" for getting a citation in Thailand is following: "how much do the cops want to go to "karaoke" after work".

A report from a credible UK source with a background of investigative journalism in Thailand suggesting that the bombing is the work of an element within the police force who wants to de-stabilize the government at a time when the government is planning wholesale changes in the running of the police force. Could explain why no claims of responsibility have been made as it is an internal affair and those that need to know already do know. Also would explain why the police seem to be so ambivalent about their investigations and why the site was cleared up so quickly. Think most of you will know the website of the investigative journalist to whom I refer.

I had been half suspecting this scenario. It comes at a sensitive time in that the whole police force/judicial system is about to come crashing down with scorn poured on top from around the world, the mother of all I-told-you-so's from every international outlet and foreign head of governments following the case. I am of course talking about an intentionally botched investigation, that was known to be pure BS by any rational being around the world and has proven itself to be BS after nearly 2 weeks in court and not 1 piece of real evidence has yet been shown, only lies heaped on top of lies. The fallout from this top-down cover up would end the judicial system and police force, confidence is already zero and criticism not tolerated. Solution - detonate bombs in a tourist area in Bkk to make sure news outlets worldwide and domestic are distracted. The survival of the 2 institutions are dependent on this red herring and it looks like it has worked very well indeed - only weak point is the ineptness of the police chiefs and their inane statements that actually make it all look like an internal job. This theory will gain momentum if there is a similar violent episode when the court case continues.

i figure he took the moto to Lumpini park, grabbed a taxi to the airport and way before they viewed the first tapes was gone

I presume the airports, BKK and DMK have CCTV cameras 24/7 and the recordings for the period in question would be heavily inspected aned what about the Railway Stations? Searching for a needle in a haystack it seems.

Police spokesman Prawut Thawornsiri says he believes the perpetrator would have timed an escape carefully and "wouldn't have much time to stay around."

Oh yes being an expert on the behaviour of terrorist whether it be a lone nutcase or a highly organised terror cell, one would only assume that the logical thing for them to do would be to escape.facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif Well, I guess that's it then. Or maybe he was abducted by aliens immediately after or was a victim of spontaneous combustion. I guess we'll just never know huh? Mai Pen Raii, we'll catch the next bomber for sure though.tongue.png

Proly got wacked after he made his big 15K (Baht).

Well that kind of scenario where a patsy was used is certainly possible. If the force behind this really never wants it to possible for there to be definite blame, a dead bomber would be best.

Why do you haters bother to live here??

You have nothing good to say about the place.

The solution..... Go back to where you came from and do your whinging there.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif Stop whinging about whingers ...

Nearly correct. Probably the best course of action is to stop wasting my time reading the drivel some people post.

And that's what I'm going to do. Go and have a few icy cold Singha's with a lovely tilak.

I have a life. You tools can do whatever you like.

Bye bye...........

I had been half suspecting this scenario. It comes at a sensitive time in that the whole police force/judicial system is about to come crashing down with scorn poured on top from around the world, the mother of all I-told-you-so's from every international outlet and foreign head of governments following the case. I am of course talking about an intentionally botched investigation, that was known to be pure BS by any rational being around the world and has proven itself to be BS after nearly 2 weeks in court and not 1 piece of real evidence has yet been shown, only lies heaped on top of lies. The fallout from this top-down cover up would end the judicial system and police force, confidence is already zero and criticism not tolerated. Solution - detonate bombs in a tourist area in Bkk to make sure news outlets worldwide and domestic are distracted. The survival of the 2 institutions are dependent on this red herring and it looks like it has worked very well indeed - only weak point is the ineptness of the police chiefs and their inane statements that actually make it all look like an internal job. This theory will gain momentum if there is a similar violent episode when the court case continues.

Consider how much "revenue" the RTP generates, and then consider if you were in a position get that under your control. Then consider how much "push back" the RTP might go to protect their interests. Bombing the Erawan Shrine goes to the very core of Thai culture, and it also happens to be a place frequented by mainly Asians and particularly the Chinese. So you are upsetting the very country that the General is trying to get close to, as well as causing a rucus with Malaysian and Indonesian governments. Nobody has come forward to claim responsibility because those involved already know who is responsible. The bomber is just a 'hired-hand' from overseas, long-gone, spirited away by those with the ability to take care of stuff. This is just my opinion, of course, I don't have facts to back it up, but I believe it fits with the public face of the transition to a new Thailand that is now underway.

Edited by NCFC

Its like the BKK post says

All the fault of the broken CCTV cameras, The hampered public posting conversion, The not up to date equipment. The foriegn input has all hampered the investigation.. Making it so very hard for the trained up Thai Police :)

As Mr Prayuth said you may want to view his favouite TV Show BLUE BLOODS for some tips on how to run the investigation

We will except foriegn equipment but we do not want help the Thais are well up to speed :)

We managed to sweep up and reopen the square and it is to late he is gone now

Next