Thai police tell man in blue to show up to prove his innocence

webfact

Police tell man in blue to show up to prove his innocence

8-24-2015-10-35-51-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Thai Police today called on the man in blue shirt to show up to prove he was not involved in the explosion at Sathorn bridge on August 18 after he was caught in surveillance camera at the place where the bomb exploded.

The call for the man to turn himself in to the police came as investigation into the two bombings, at Erawan shrine and at Sathorn pier, was making progress.

Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt-Gen Prawut Thawornsiri stated today that that it was yet unclear whether the man in a blue colored shirt shown in a video footage that was made public last week was actually involved in the bombing incident at the Sathorn pier.

Suspicion was raised because reviews of closed-circuit TV footage two days prior to the actual bombing showed the same individual at the location on both days.

Police are now urging the individual to report to them for questioning to show no criminal intent.

Furthermore, police are now certain that the device was not thrown from the Taksin bridge at the Sathorn pier but was actually physically planted there.

Investigators are now trying to determine how the device was placed there without anyone noticing.

The commissioner of the Royal Thai Police meanwhile admitted that identity screening equipment in the country has not been effective, thus making the apprehension of the suspects difficult.

Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmuong commented that existing screening equipment in the country lacks the necessary sophistication which has proven to be a major hindrance in detaining the suspects involved in the recent bombings.

He said that he will be asking the government to purchase modern up-to-date Biometric scanners which will enable a wide range of screening options such as fingerprints, retinal and photographic scans.

Commenting on developments in the ongoing investigation of the two bombing incidents, he stated that it was yet uncertain whether the suspects or suspects have fled the country as no evidence has yet surfaced to indicate they have actually left.

But he said that if the police have obtain such equipment, it would greatly aid internal security work for the country.

Besides the immigrations,other departments such as provincial police, metropolitan police, Crime Suppression or central investigation units will all benefit from the new technology.

“If we had this equipment I am confident that we would have ascertained the identities of the suspects by now and also whether they have exited our borders,” he said.

A meeting is being planned for tomorrow for the investigative team to report on developments in the bombing cases to the deputy police commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol. Gen Jaktip Chaichinda.

Part of the agenda for the meeting will be also to report on measures that have been formulated to detect possible escape routes from the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-tell-man-in-blue-to-show-up-to-prove-his-innocence

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-25

Is that how it works here? You have to PROVE innocence? It looks pretty incriminating to me. On the off chance he could be getting rid of garbage, but I don't think so. Don't expect this guy t be turning up at his local BiB station anytime soon.

What about starting an investigations about whythe CCTvs are either fake or not working and if there is corruption or inadequate management, everybody at the BMA is fired and imprisoned as they are using tax payers monies and yet not providing safety for tax payers.

They are asking this guy to step forward to remove him from their list of people of interest. What is wrong with that?

They do not believe that he was responsible as their latest theory is that the second device was fixed in place.

Not quite sure how they arrived there though

...or else what.....

..sadly he is but a blur...

,,,how much money was spent by the previous government on CCTV cameras....

...or were they 'tapped out' after paying for those atomic clocks....and other perks for MP's...

We don't help. Yes, we do. No we don't. Ok, we do, there I said, I feel better now. Oh and hey, terrorist dude, you in the grainy crappy photo - turn yourself in! Its an old police trick - always works ... we'll have him in no-time! Round up the usual suspects...............

They are asking this guy to step forward to remove him from their list of people of interest. What is wrong with that?

They do not believe that he was responsible as their latest theory is that the second device was fixed in place.

If they believe he was not responsible, why would he submit himself to questioning to prove he was not responsible?

...it is getting closer and closer to the time the BIB are going to fit someone up for this.......so the guy in the blue shirt turns up at the local police station.......explains his innocence.......the BIB don't believe him....arrest him.....charge him with the bomb at the pier....and the rest gets buried in the corrupt Thai justice system...and "blue shirt guy" is never seen again...case solved.....50 police colonels then rush to the media and spout their mouths off...

Would anyone dare go to a Thai police station and attempt to plead their innocence..........the BIB are desperate.

Police: As you can see, our CCTV got great resolution, but we cannot find the guy, so we are asking him to show up on his own.

There, brilliant. Did they already ask the actual bomber to show up though?

At least they agree on it being a blue shirt? Tbh I wouldn't rule out some shade of green and/or grey lol

It's sad Thailand has to see an act of terrorism like this before it makes sense to them to have a quality, working CCTV system.

That's odd.

Actually, there should still be almost 50,000 new CCTV Kamers.

All Installed in 2014th

And now 75% do not work?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723126-bma-no-more-dummy-surveillance-cameras-in-bangkok-100000-baht-reward-if/

For me, there is no question the man in Blue brought the bomb to the bridge and purposefully kicked it into the canal. That is very clear on the video and so I seriously doubt this man will ever present himself at any police station.

"...police are now certain that the device was not thrown from the Taksin bridge at the Sathorn pier but was actually physically planted there..."

Are they serious? All you have to do it watch the video once to know that the object he kicked off the bridge was the bomb that went off the next day. Couple that with the fact it happened within a very short time-frame of the Erawan bombing and it is a certainty. How many other packages did they see on the video that dropped or were thrown in the exact same spot as the explosion? Give me a break.

Edited by oneday

If they believe he was not responsible, why would he submit himself to questioning to prove he was not responsible?

He is still a person of interest, suspicious by way of the video clip.

It is only my assumption that they don't think he was responsible as they (the authorities) have changed what they think towards the device being fixed in place before detonation.

Unless the person on the foot bridge was working with a diver, then by their reckoning of it being fixed, he couldn't have done it.

As i say, only my assumption.