Saw 10 homes for sale on one Darkside street

Kaoboi Bebobp

Might be something wrong, flooding, electrical

Noise, sewer, I would steer clear of the area.

A high incidence of burglary perhaps too!

I looked at houses in the dark-side area, a new development with a common name and a number 6 on the end!

Show house and the drawings looked great.

I then took a ride out to nearby older developments that had the same name but numbers 1 and 2.

Scruffy, derelict looking, stray dogs and old vehicles randomly parked on street. I decided against number 6!

I rented for a while and saw the slow decline there too......

Back to the OP, not enough buyers, too much property on the market and prohibitive rules and dubious land ownership tricks for foreigners.

I could show you some pretty scruffy, derelict-looking condo blocks around Pattaya as well.

Oh I have seen those too...... but you don't get as many abandoned vehicles, stray dogs etc.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not only the houses that are for sale on the Dark Side.

There are many small shophouses that are closing down their business,s and moving.

Moving where to ? , I dont know, as there are also an ever increasing number of the same buildings becoming vacant in Patts.

Rents too high ? lack of customers for the business ? , I cant say, but for sure the landscape is changing, and IMO the economy is in recession ( or very close to it )

Might be something wrong, flooding, electrical

Noise, sewer, I would steer clear of the area.

I looked at houses in the dark-side area, a new development with a common name and a number 6 on the end!

I then took a ride out to nearby older developments that had the same name but numbers 1 and 2.

Scruffy, derelict looking, stray dogs and old vehicles randomly parked on street. I decided against number 6!

Back to the OP, not enough buyers, too much property on the market and prohibitive rules and dubious land ownership tricks for foreigners.

I could show you some pretty scruffy, derelict-looking condo blocks around Pattaya as well.

Oh I have seen those too...... but you don't get as many abandoned vehicles, stray dogs etc.

I've lived on the darkside for 6 years, never seen abandoned vehicles like you mention. Yes, soi dogs, but show me where they don't have them. We don't get any soi dogs in our village, remote gates keep them out. There are thousands of falangs living on the dark side, mostly becaause that's where the affordable houses are. Try and buy a house in Jomtien and see what it will set you back. Talking of Jomtien, take a walk on beach road and count the soi dogs, there's hundreds.

I would be keen to have a look at some of these abandoned vehicles. looking for a new project to build and something for nothing would be ideal to start from.

Just take a drive down Nern Plubwan, there's hundreds of them, some jacked up on bricks, some burnt out, looks a bit like areas of Palestine. Don't get out of your vehicle, you'll be attacked by packs of rabid soi dogs.biggrin.png Seriously though, if you want to see abandoned vehicles have a look in the car parks of the older View Talay condo blocks. Cars that have been sitting there for years, and literally dozens of abandoned motorbikes.

Edited by giddyup

I've lived on the darkside for 6 years, never seen abandoned vehicles like you mention. Yes, soi dogs, but show me where they don't have them. We don't get any soi dogs in our village, remote gates keep them out. There are thousands of falangs living on the dark side, mostly becaause that's where the affordable houses are. Try and buy a house in Jomtien and see what it will set you back. Talking of Jomtien, take a walk on beach road and count the soi dogs, there's hundreds.

You seem to be taking umbrage but it was not meant as a slight. Of course there are some very nice and well maintained and managed developments there. The one I mentioned I did not want to name specifically, but I went to one of their old developments to get an idea of their track record. The very fact that I was able to gain access and drive around may be indicative too. Perhaps the vehicles were not abandoned, possibly left to see if the flat tyre would fix themselves.

No question that houses in Jomtiem or Pattaya, West of Suk, are substantially more expensive, likely double the price or even more. I doubt I could even find one with the space I currently have over there, land costs being so high.

Edited by jacko45k

coffee1.gif Buyer beware and investigate before making a commitment on the dark side. I rented a house in a nice looking gated community after being enticed by close friends. After moving into Areeya Villas off Siam C.C. Rd. I found that the house next to me was turned into a very busy gay resort with 5 new men coming in per week plus their boy entertainment. The houses in here do not sell, cannot rent and remain vacant because the place is not cared for even though fees are paid for same. Vacant lots are jungles full of rats and snakes.bah.gif

Long Kae has " liked" your post, but although I agree with the Buyer Beware part, I see nothing in your statement at all which could not happen anywhere. Do you mean to say the gay club was specifically located in East Pattaya, because it was East Pattaya? Think some areas in town before spouting crap.

I have lived very comfortably in East Pattaya for over 9 years. There are many restaurants, bars, schools, temples and places of interest over here. In fact, a recently opened bar moved lock stock and barrel from Second Road because all the customers had moved over here to live.

I wonder if those who attempt to denigrate East Pattaya have actually spent any time over here. I see many prospective 'balloon chaser' types in the thread. I wonder if it is simply that East Pattaya is seen as more affluent?

Can we get a few tips on how to find these farang owners who rent out cheaply to someone took look after their house while they are away? I would be interested in that.

Urban myth

No one in their right mind would let their house to a total stranger at cheap price.

Some people may look for a housesitter, but rest assured, they would not be giving it to first foreigners who walks through the door.

I'd like to call foul on the OP for using this old part of East Pattaya as his reference for his post. It isn't representative of a fraction of the East Side.

It is actually a busy, narrow thoroughfare which contains mostly low to medium priced houses, although a few at the top of the hill might be pricier, maybe 3.5 to 4 million baht range.

Houses would probably be up for sale because of the narrow road, the heavy volume of traffic, and it sure ain't going to be quiet at night.

It bears no relation to the newer moo bans which make up the majority of East Pattaya

I'd like to call foul on the OP for using this old part of East Pattaya as his reference for his post. It isn't representative of a fraction of the East Side.

It is actually a busy, narrow thoroughfare which contains mostly low to medium priced houses, although a few at the top of the hill might be pricier, maybe 3.5 to 4 million baht range.

Houses would probably be up for sale because of the narrow road, the heavy volume of traffic, and it sure ain't going to be quiet at night.

It bears no relation to the newer moo bans which make up the majority of East Pattaya

Good grief. Read the OP again. I didn't pick this street to look for houses. I went for a walk, for crying out loud. I saw 10 houses for sale. It's no more complicated than that. This generated a decent discussion.

I would bow to your superior knowledge, if you were correct. There are some nice homes set back from that street and surrounding side streets. There are also homes that would likely be very affordable, meeting the lower budgets of those who throng Pattaya and area. I'd live there. And where did I talk about house prices and quality and age of the housing stock anyway? I don't care. I went for a walk.

The street's not that busy either. Largely because there are some 15-20 speed bumps from beginning to end. Very annoying for commuters but good for the locals. The only potential annoyance for noise would be the Dao Hotel and bar near the top and the Russian/Chinese oriented hotel Chatkaew.