Chief investigator says Erawan shrine bombing was not the work of Thai perpetrators

webfact

He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen.

Awesome how ignorant and xenophoebic some people can be ... Is this loonie not aware that shooting, stabbing and rapes thai against thai happens on a daily basis ... just look at how they kill each other, drunk driving, in the traffic mayhem blink.png

this one was good

https://www.facebook.com/MotoringThailand/videos/vb.348128218620115/656988357734098/

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"BANGKOK: -- Head of the Erawan deadly bomb explosion investigation expressed confidence that the bombing was not the work of Thai perpetrators while the possibility of involvement by foreign-based group is not ruled out."

Well, if it's not the work of Thai people and there's only a possibility that it may be foreigners....where do you look after that if it's neither?

He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen. But that they would sell their grandmother for 20 Baht and do anything for money including dropping of a backpack.

"He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen."

This is the remarks of someone in authority? How many remember the guy on the train that raped and murdered a young Thai girl Or for that matter

all the shootings that occur.

If this is the type of mentality that is helping in the investigation of the bombers then I am sure they will never be caught.

Lets all agree that violent crimes like this are ONLY done buy foreigners NOT THAIS. I have no idea why this guy is leading the investigation

The dead people from this bombing certainly deserve better then this stupid lip service

He said he was certain no Thai would be so cruel to carry out the deadly attack on their fellow countrymen.

Awesome how ignorant and xenophoebic some people can be ... Is this loonie not aware that shooting, stabbing and rapes thai against thai happens on a daily basis ... just look at how they kill each other, drunk driving, in the traffic mayhem blink.png

I totally agree. Such an asinine statement. But I believe that this is the construct that Thai police always start with every time there is a major crime and the perpetrators are not known. No way that a Thai person would do such a thing!

Deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Jaktip Chaichinda said he could hardly believe it when he was informed certain Thai persons were behind the bombings.

I could hardly credit it no matter what their background or beliefs! But facts are facts and a major meeting will have to be called to consider what action to take, he said.

Thai people would not be so cruel? How soon he forgets how cruel Thai people can be.

Thai people were shooting at and killing innocent people at Wat Pathumwanaram Ratchaworawihan during the 2010 riots, including a nurse who was trying to help the injured.

Wake up General.

So despite the definite headline, the only evidence behind this is that he can not believe a Thai would do this to another Thai ?. And what rank is he ?.

Good to know he is going into the investigation with an open mind. Someone should let him know about the Thais who were happy enough to fire grenades into crowds of innocent people which numbered dead women and children in the final tally.

Anyway, his biggest priority is not to find out who planted the bomb, it is to find out who ordered it. There are plenty of people in this world today who don't care who they kill for the right price.

I think we all knew the final outcome of this on the same day the bomb went off : the same as who killed the 30 dead during the protests. Absolutely nothing. Nobody wants to know because of the trouble it will cause if people are named.

Good to see even the king of the apologists is struggling to spin this one out, still cant resist a sly dig at the redshirts and the bogeyman though...sad, very sad....

Did you really expect anything better from him? I'm surprised he managed to refrain from inserting the name of the bogeyman in Dubai. Well done, John!!

The guy probably lives in a posh mansion, each family member has a luxury car, he is most likely member of the most expensive golf clubs, all paid for on a meager salary

...and has no money to buy a newspaper once in a while?

"He is wanted on charges of illegal possession of an explosive device, illegally detonating a bomb and premeditated murder"

How can he be wanted for premeditated murder when nobody died at the Sathorn Pier explosion.

I am baffled at these arrest warrants that the courts issues when they have no name to put on the warrant, just a general

description. TIT I guess.

Investigators have not yet concluded if the two bombings were related although the time when the bomb went off at the Erawan shrine and the time when another suspect dressed in blue shirt kicked a plastic bag containing the bomb into the Sathorn canal...

My OCD was kicked into overdrive by this sentence!

How would he be aware of that? It's not like he's the Chief of Police or something...

No doubt at the conclusion of his statement he turned to his mates and said ' we got any Burmese kids in Bangkok? '

If all this wasn't so serious it would be funny.

Have you ever come across a more inept, contradictory, hapless bunch of loons anywhere?

Not the work of Thai's but you can't rule out foreigners. Well if it's not Thai's and it's not foreigners who the bloody hell is it?

Have the guilty ones escaped from Area 51 ( oh sorry that place doesn't exist does it.....bit like Oswald shot Kennedy)

I should imagine every deranged nutter in the world who wants to kill or maim for whatever reason is looking and saying let's go to Thailand...do what we like....they're not going to catch us are they!

Mind you judging by the roads here most of the deranged nutters are already here!

Police take note!

So despite the definite headline, the only evidence behind this is that he can not believe a Thai would do this to another Thai ?. And what rank is he ?.

Good to know he is going into the investigation with an open mind. Someone should let him know about the Thais who were happy enough to fire grenades into crowds of innocent people which numbered dead women and children in the final tally.

Anyway, his biggest priority is not to find out who planted the bomb, it is to find out who ordered it. There are plenty of people in this world today who don't care who they kill for the right price.

I think we all knew the final outcome of this on the same day the bomb went off : the same as who killed the 30 dead during the protests. Absolutely nothing. Nobody wants to know because of the trouble it will cause if people are named.

Good to see even the king of the apologists is struggling to spin this one out, still cant resist a sly dig at the redshirts and the bogeyman though...sad, very sad....

OK Mark, I suggest you read EnglishJohn's post again and try to understand what he was clearly saying, that the people who were doing the grenades in markets & off motorway overpasses and also shooting kids in Trat do deserve at least a sly dig, or preferably a charge of murder. Thai people do and are killing Thai people, in one cause last year, nearly thirty people, AND it has become a political hot potato. Now, EJ says he questions the policeman's motive/experience/rank etc for not believing his countrymen could kill their countrymen in cold blood, on principal, without evidence, when the opposite is a fact. Are you also then of the opinion that Thai people could not do this? Clarify your thinking before jumping to conclusions, accusing people just because you are sensitive to someone you think may be thinking about criticizing (your perhaps favored) Redshirt heroes.

Edited by The Deerhunter

One thing we can be certain of, and that is they have absolutely no idea who did this, and lack brain power or expertise to find out. Oh, and it's been so mucked up that they dare not allow any foreign investigators in now. The investigators would be not much help anyway as they would alternate between state of doubled over laughing and weeping in a corner.....

Just a point of clarification, who or what is a Thai ? There are Muslim, Hindu and even some Christian Thais, so you can't say purely Buddhists. Also the Nation of Thailand contains many ethnic groups who have over the years/centuries migrated to the area now called Thailand. My wife claims she and her family are Laos. The next village is proud to be Cambodian. To claim somehow "Thais" are a special group smacks of a certain nation claiming Aryan supremacy. Leaves one feeling very uncomfortable.

Just a point of clarification, who or what is a Thai ? There are Muslim, Hindu and even some Christian Thais, so you can't say purely Buddhists. Also the Nation of Thailand contains many ethnic groups who have over the years/centuries migrated to the area now called Thailand. My wife claims she and her family are Laos. The next village is proud to be Cambodian. To claim somehow "Thais" are a special group smacks of a certain nation claiming Aryan supremacy. Leaves one feeling very uncomfortable.

Are separtists not Thai????

Such a short memory. 9 year old boy who was brutally beheaded by these THAI separtists and the other 500 who will be killed during the next year. AND the 5000 who have been killed over the past

10 years or so.

These attacks are so frequent that it is incredable that the RTP do not know how the deal with them.

All we need now to complete the case is for Mr. P to announce the rtp has done a remarkable job on the case just like in KT.

Did they ever give consideration that the second bomb went off the next day because it had a set timer, and the second explosion would make the police think the bombers were still in Bangkok, meanwhile they have scarpered.wai2.gif