Bangkok Bomb Suspect Arrested

Lite Beer

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is Nong Jok?

Good God man... have you really not yet heard of Google? In less than one minute I searched right from your question and now I everything about Nong Jok in regards to your question. The correct spelling is Nong Chok according to some sources.

http://tinyurl.com/ndl7doc

Translation:

เขตหนองจอก kàyt nŏng jòk

Wiki:

Nong Chok (Thai: หนองจอก; IPA: [nɔ̌ːŋ tɕɔ̀ːk]) is one of the 50 districts (Khet) of Bangkok, Thailand. It is bounded by other districts (from north clockwise): Amphoe Lam Luk Ka of Pathum Thani Province, Amphoe Bang Nam Priao and Amphoe Mueang Chachoengsao of Chachoengsao Province, Lat Krabang, Min Buri and Khlong Sam Wa of Bangkok. It is the biggest and the least populated district of Bangkok.

FYI, Google lets you search for REALLY NEAT stuff like Wikipedia and maps and all kinds of useful things:

post-154502-0-96170900-1440946312_thumb.

post-154502-0-44008200-1440946331_thumb.

There is an interesting update in Bkk Post, they found more material in another apartment in Min Buri. The guy is obviously telling some things.

Have the article read.

Wonder why the officials do not wear gloves in the image.

No need for fingerprints?

Post with link to Bangkok Post removed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

There is an interesting update in Bkk Post, they found more material in another apartment in Min Buri. The guy is obviously telling some things.

Have the article read.

Wonder why the officials do not wear gloves in the image.

No need for fingerprints?

A finger print paradise indeed. Must the guy's from the branch of the Keystone cop's.

urea-based fertilizer, six 12x7cm bottles of flash powder, black and blue electric wiring, four wristwatches, a table clock, a pack of bolts, decorative tree lights, an empty box for a walkie-talkie, a radio controlled toy vehicle and a rucksack containing books.

I hope they have good fingerprints from these objects.

It's tough keeping up with the bouncing ball on this one.

--earlier, it was reported the guy they arrested was refusing to answer any questions. Now it's reported that he gave info to the police/military that led them to the Minburi apartment where other stuff was found.

--earlier, I thought it was reported that police found this guy due to a tip from his landlord who thought something suspicious might be afoot with 5 rooms being rented. But now it's being reported that police found the guy thru tracking mobile phone records with Turkish roaming.

--earlier, various reports said or suggested this guy was the actual Erawan bomber. Now, most of the latest reports seem to say he allegedly was involved, but wasn't actually the guy on the CCTV footage who delivered the Erawan bomb.

Details always emerge as investigations play out. But in these cases, the differing versions are basically contradictory to each other, or certainly would appear to be.

It's tough keeping up with the bouncing ball on this one.

--earlier, it was reported the guy they arrested was refusing to answer any questions. Now it's reported that he gave info to the police/military that led them to the Minburi apartment where other stuff was found.

--earlier, I thought it was reported that police found this guy due to a tip from his landlord who thought something suspicious might be afoot with 5 rooms being rented. But now it's being reported that police found the guy thru tracking mobile phone records with Turkish roaming.

--earlier, various reports said or suggested this guy was the actual Erawan bomber. Now, most of the latest reports seem to say he allegedly was involved, but wasn't actually the guy on the CCTV footage who delivered the Erawan bomb.

Details always emerge as investigations play out. But in these cases, the differing versions are basically contradictory to each other, or certainly would appear to be.

Welcome to Thailand. Enjoy your stay. wai2.gif

If you started from the premise that there was a Turkish connection, and that would be one of their leads, all you do is look up the code for Turkey and off you go. From that result you get any local calls incoming and outgoing and Bob's your uncle.

Alright, so how did the premise of the Turkish connection first come about?

The RTP says they raided this place based on the suspicions of a local and stumbled across someone that is not Thai and has fake Turkish ID, ie. no confirmed ID or nationality. Remember, we all look the same to them.

Then, within 12 hours, the RTP claim they have this Turkish SIM activity that appears to be growing in quantity around the two bomb locations and the apartments. I wonder if they can check for the activity of those SIMS in places beyond the three crime scenes as I am pretty sure there's was quite few of them and they moved about a fair bit more than Nong Chok, Erawan and Sathorn. That's indeed if there were any Turkish/Uighur people smuggler/terrorist cell in the first place.

The police were already zeroing in Turkish nationals at least two days before the arrest (Police examining data on recent Turkish visitors), it could hardly had come from seeing cell phone activity at the moment of the attack alone, since there must had been at least 20 nationalities milling about at that time. There must had been another reason for that, either a simple hunch that it may had been related to the Uighur affair or some other clues they picked up.

Just thinking outside the box. I've just blow the hell out of a public place killing and maiming a lot of people. CCTV catches my escape. I've had days to get the heck out of Dodge. Why I'm I still in my room with a bunch of materials that could be used for bomb making. Personally, especially considering the media was saying there was not a good CCTV coverage, I'd be in a different country, and back to whatever sick terror cell I came from. But no! The "Suspect" stays. Like one of the previous posters said. Wait and see.

About sums up my train of thought.

The thai police said the bombing was carefully planned, yet they sit in the room ?? Days after the incident with all the bomb making gear,, REALLY...

rijit

So what is your theory then , RTP asked the guy if he would sit inside the room and pretending to be the bomber so they could shoot some pictures and release it to the world?

Just thinking outside the box. I've just blow the hell out of a public place killing and maiming a lot of people. CCTV catches my escape. I've had days to get the heck out of Dodge. Why I'm I still in my room with a bunch of materials that could be used for bomb making. Personally, especially considering the media was saying there was not a good CCTV coverage, I'd be in a different country, and back to whatever sick terror cell I came from. But no! The "Suspect" stays. Like one of the previous posters said. Wait and see.

About sums up my train of thought.

The thai police said the bombing was carefully planned, yet they sit in the room ?? Days after the incident with all the bomb making gear,, REALLY...

rijit

So what is your theory then , RTP asked the guy if he would sit inside the room and pretending to be the bomber so they could shoot some pictures and release it to the world?

Yeah . sounds about halfway right :D the.other half might be a turkish/eastern european bad boy someone doesnt mind giving up. And in return, Maybe a decent hastle free run at what?? Mmm what are the middle eastern crooks in thailand into,, probably take ure pick.Or do u think that deals like that dont happen in thailand.

rijit

.......Because my name is "Ahmed".....mmm....just speculating....

I don't know if this has already been posted. It is from Aussie news site.

The picture of the pier bomber although grainy seems to have very angular facial features unlike most Asians.

Apologies if it has already been posted.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/is-foreigner-arrest-a-breakthrough-moment-for-thai-police/ar-AAdKVuu

The more I think about these arrests the more I wander whether this actually is an operation to move Uighurs fleeing China to Turkey. The police either discovered it through a tip off or mobile phone records, or were told about it by China, and the opportunity has been seized to "kill two birds with one stone" as it were.

Posts containing content and links to Bangkok Post have been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

The big question now is how much information comes out before he dies (suicide by fork or choking on a fishhead) in custody.

Nah they have to have a trial and dont forget they have to discover an accomplis and find the rest of the bomb making equiptment after all they arnt thai so they have to be stupid !!!

rijit

The passport is 100% fake, the news outlets should stop using the term "Turkish"

Its Istanbul, not Iştanbul

And two Date of Expiry columns, the first one is supposed to be Date of Issue.

The PP is maybe fake, but it doesn't mean the person is not a Turk does it ?

If he is a turk why would he use a fake turkish passport smartypants

He wouldn't use his real one would he??

Police acted on a tip from the landlord who owned the apartment that the suspect was renting, according to a police source who declined to be named. The landlord grew suspicious because the suspect did not speak Thai and rented five rooms on the same floor of the apartment building, since late July...

And today I read that police are claiming the reward for themselves:

https://twitter.com/pakhead/status/638234400015040513

Police acted on a tip from the landlord who owned the apartment that the suspect was renting, according to a police source who declined to be named. The landlord grew suspicious because the suspect did not speak Thai and rented five rooms on the same floor of the apartment building, since late July...

And today I read that police are claiming the reward for themselves:

https://twitter.com/pakhead/status/638234400015040513

If you bother to read the report they are getting 3 million from the police chief, no mention of the reward money. But carry on having a go.

Archived