Bangkok Bomb Suspect Arrested

Lite Beer

Re post # 656, just four posts back.

Maybe the BiB aren't as stupid or ineffective as some suggest. The 'phone data led them to this guy.

I still advocate letting this run its course, with no accusations of competency or incompetency.

I'm amazed that so many have first hand knowledge of the competency/incompetency of the RTP....or is it hearsay? Read it, take is as gospel, and worse, propagate it via Thai Visa??

"I'm amazed that so many have first hand knowledge of the competency/incompetency of the RTP....or is it hearsay? "

First hand knowledge; yes. Had a break in and been in an accident where a motorbike with a drunk driver hit my car. Both times I had to pinch myself just checking that I wasn't dreaming (and not in a good way) when I saw how the BIB handled it.

But mostly from observing the handling (or in some cases non-handling) of the major cases in Thailand for the last two + decades.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did do a post in the last few days , suggesting a attack by ISIS on the Erwan Site , just like in Syria at the Palmyra Gardens a 2000 or more old Historical World Site , I believe it may have been a Temple :

Islamic State militants have blown up two ancient shrines they consider sacrilegious at the 2000-year-old Unesco world heritage site Palmyra Gardens.

Now they are destroying the History of our World !Truly the Demon has sent them upon mankind

to cause Chaos likento behavior of the Crusades Era , only they will be wiped out for their sins against mankind and The Laws of our creator!

I take back what I wrote earlier about there not being a possible motive for Turks to do this. However I really really find it very unsettling that after the arrest a police official again said something to the effect of "we know the perpetrator wasn't Thai, because a Thai couldn't do something like this" exactly what was said after the Brits being killed in Koh Tao. I and I know many other find that very disturbing and questionable...

I agree, probably after being in and out of Thailand since 2005 I know full well what Thai people are capable of doing to one another. No different to any other country.

And surely the RTP are aware of what the reds and yellows did to one another, especially in the years 2010 & 2014. They should know, they stood by and watched most of it.

So being an extended tourist for 10 years enables you to know the Thai people. I've worked with them for over double that, speak the language, and know that no Thai would EVER commit this crime. It takes a LONG time to get into the mind of the Thai people..

I take back what I wrote earlier about there not being a possible motive for Turks to do this. However I really really find it very unsettling that after the arrest a police official again said something to the effect of "we know the perpetrator wasn't Thai, because a Thai couldn't do something like this" exactly what was said after the Brits being killed in Koh Tao. I and I know many other find that very disturbing and questionable...

I agree, probably after being in and out of Thailand since 2005 I know full well what Thai people are capable of doing to one another. No different to any other country.

And surely the RTP are aware of what the reds and yellows did to one another, especially in the years 2010 & 2014. They should know, they stood by and watched most of it.

.............and watched most of it, except when they were assisting one side of it!!!!!

Just thinking outside the box. I've just blow the hell out of a public place killing and maiming a lot of people. CCTV catches my escape. I've had days to get the heck out of Dodge. Why I'm I still in my room with a bunch of materials that could be used for bomb making. Personally, especially considering the media was saying there was not a good CCTV coverage, I'd be in a different country, and back to whatever sick terror cell I came from. But no! The "Suspect" stays. Like one of the previous posters said. Wait and see.

Coming from another country how are you able to get your hands on explosives, without Thai's helping..

This is a very good point!

As a Thai, I think a Thai could do this, no question about it. No different than leaving the scene of an accident where someone was likely fatally injured (haven't done that myself of course) or producing a substandard food product en masse that likely causes health issues (invested quite a bit in a number of companies that do this), similar mindset and lack of scruples.

Edited by Heng

So being an extended tourist for 10 years enables you to know the Thai people. I've worked with them for over double that, speak the language, and know that no Thai would EVER commit this crime. It takes a LONG time to get into the mind of the Thai people..

I love your sarcasm.

Renting multiple rooms in the same block in a Muslim area of the city is suspicious. Having multiple fake Turkish passports is more than suspicious. I wander if this fellow was part of a set up to move Uighurs fleeing China to Turkey? Some sort of underground route would have become necessary once Thailand started returning them to China.

The Chinese security services would probably have known about it. I don't suppose they would mind on what pretext it was closed down.

This chap would have been in the wrong place, doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Just a thought....

Your comment makes a lot of sense JAG, renting multiple rooms, passports etc, but it is also possible that he is connected with the bombing.

If he is found guilty of the bombing it sounds like there will be a lot of disappointed posters on TVF. Many of them would rather be bagging the RTP for their incompetence, than praising them for solving this latest crime. thumbsup.gif

If he is found guilty of the bombing it sounds like there will be a lot of disappointed posters on TVF. Many of them would rather be bagging the RTP for their incompetence, than praising them for solving this latest crime.

.......... I'm not an RTP apologist but.................. (Sorry, mikemac, but I could simply not resist this.)

As a Thai, I think a Thai could do this, no question about it. No different than leaving the scene of an accident where someone was likely fatally injured (haven't done that myself of course) or producing a substandard food product en masse that likely causes health issues (invested quite a bit in a number of companies that do this), similar mindset and lack of scruples.

As a Thai(Chinese origin) do you wai the Erawan shrine when you pass it. We all know about Chinese Thais and lack of business etiquette but this isn't about money.

Edited by Neeranam

Scapegoat written all over this arrest. Don't believe it.

That's cleared that one up then. Time to tackle your next assignment.
Well why they show suicide vest on tv and says its from his apartament and then when people figure out its from 2013 raid they say anyone who dhares it will be prosecuted.

Thats means other evidence can be faked too isn't it?

Unless someone fluent in Thai saw the broadcast, and can confirm that they said it was from the apartment, I don't think that's what happened. A Thai website had an account of what was reported and the Google tanslate said something like, they found canvas and other materials that could be used to make a suicide vest. That website has removed that part today so can't double check it.

The picture didn't match that description since it obviously wasn't just materials. I was actually going to download and post it but didn't because the picture didn't look right. Plus didn't match the description, though couldn't be sure with Google translate.

I think they gave a picture as an illustration of what was meant by suicide vest. There's no reason for someone to have written canvas and materials to make, in the article if the broadcast had said they found a vest.

So did anyone actually see the broadcast and them claim that vest was found in the apartment? Or was it a picture shown during the broadcast?

here it is

Someone fluent in thai please confirm, do they say he had suicide vest?

Im affraid they do smile.png

https://youtu.be/qTjwqyYskFY?t=3m38s

Edited by BeefSlapper

Well done Juntaclap2.gif

Not content with stripping the Thai people of their rights, freedom and voices and driving the nations economy into the ditch - they're ineptitude at governing the country has now piled more misery upon its long suffering citizenry by unnecessarily inviting international terrorism to these shores by their repulsive and shameful treatment of Uighur refuges.

I see what you are saying : never send terrorists back to their country because someone might put a bomb in your capital city. I think this bomb suggests the Junta were right.

Excellent advice : don't do anything for fear of being attacked. I wonder what the world would be like if it was full of people like you.

Would Thai people be speaking German or Japanese now ?.

Armchair critics : 10 a penny. And most of them not worth even that.

If this guy is the maker of the bomb, then he's clearly an idiot. Why would you rent out a place in a low-so areas, you'll stand out there as the only farang. If I were to carry out an attack like this, I'd rent in a complex populated by farangs to blend in with them.

CNN UPDATE: Thai police now say the man they have arrested is not the main suspect -- seen here in the sketch -- but they believe he was involved: CNN - 16 hours ago, report he's not the bomber, but involved.

Also, the police said Nationality cannot be determined, because the passport were all fake ones.

The independent UK say BK Police have named the suspect as Adem Karadag, to me he looks more like the CCTV than the police sketch just on his body shape alone and he has a long face, when will the Taxi drivers ID him?

I would put money on the grey wolves at present, and hes is not a scape goat this is for real probably a tip off from the apartment owner.

Police trying to downplay this as non terrorist, it is a terrorist attack comitted by foreigners in revenge for the UIghors treatment which ever way the police want to look at it.

I hope they catch a few more of them shortly and would have to say good work at last.wai2.gif

CNN UPDATE: Thai police now say the man they have arrested is not the main suspect -- seen here in the sketch -- but they believe he was involved: CNN - 16 hours ago, report he's not the bomber, but involved.

Also, the police said Nationality cannot be determined, because the passport were all fake ones.

The independent UK say BK Police have named the suspect as Adem Karadag, to me he looks more like the CCTV than the police sketch just on his body shape alone and he has a long face, when will the Taxi drivers ID him?

I would put money on the grey wolves at present, and hes is not a scape goat this is for real probably a tip off from the apartment owner.

Police trying to downplay this as non terrorist, it is a terrorist attack comitted by foreigners in revenge for the UIghors treatment which ever way the police want to look at it.

I hope they catch a few more of them shortly and would have to say good work at last.wai2.gif

You guys have no clue about the grey wolves, they disbanded in the 90's. They aren't active anymore. And the grey wolves are a far right turkish nationalist organization albeit not a mongol one.

This was the head of the grey wolves

abdullah-catli.jpg

Typical mediterrenan, the guy captured is south asian. He might be an uyghur, but he's not a turk for sure.

Maybe he did it,maybe he didn't. Problem is Thai police have about 0 credibility... boy crying wolf syndrome. We all want crime solved, which may skew some of the responses, both for and against opinion "they got their man". Thai gf and I watched Thai news reports. According to them suspect had around 100 passports on him, so no telling where he came from....

Stacks of fake turkish passports? All these TV Hercule Poirot nobodies dont know facts when they bite them on the ass! Wouldnt fancy being a Turk living in Thailand at the moment!

Edited by kingalfred

The police are saying the guy arrested was not yellow shirt guy at the shrine, so that discussion is irrelevant.

The police could have done a terrible job with the investigation, and gotten lucky and found the organization that did it. Any speculation about the RTP planting evidence, and being incompetent, is a direct result of their previous history. It's not TV posters going out of their way to be cynical towards Thais. The RTP has earned that derision.

One thing that I haven't seen is the HEIGHT of the person who planted the bomb at the shrine. The video evidence should be able to give a very precise estimate of that person's height.

I am curious what the preceding events were to this man's capture were? Was he under surveillance, or did they just show up to his apartment with 100+ policemen under the tip of the landlord that there was a Turkish person renting apartments there? Why did he rent so many apartments?

Also, just because a criminal does something that shows a lack of thinking, or is somehow different from what a thinking person would do to carry out a crime, doesn't absolve them from guilt. The Boston bombers did a terrible job of disguising themselves, but yet, we know with 100% certainty that they were the culprits. If they hadn't been lobbing pressure cooker bombs a few days later at police, there would still be the skeptics and conspiracy theorists because something doesn't make sense.. But, alas, they were the bombers.

So, although it was stupid for him to keep ball bearings in his apartment, all we can say is 'maybe he was lazy'.. Or the RTP planted it.

Well done Juntaclap2.gif

Not content with stripping the Thai people of their rights, freedom and voices and driving the nations economy into the ditch - they're ineptitude at governing the country has now piled more misery upon its long suffering citizenry by unnecessarily inviting international terrorism to these shores by their repulsive and shameful treatment of Uighur refuges.

I see what you are saying : never send terrorists back to their country because someone might put a bomb in your capital city. I think this bomb suggests the Junta were right.

Excellent advice : don't do anything for fear of being attacked. I wonder what the world would be like if it was full of people like you.

Would Thai people be speaking German or Japanese now ?.

Armchair critics : 10 a penny. And most of them not worth even that.

"I see what you are saying : never send terrorists back to their country because someone might put a bomb in your capital city."

So the Uyghurs that were sent to China were terrorists? Were they convicted of this or is this just the opinion of one armchair critic?

" I think this bomb suggests the Junta were right."

Not a great surprise. Every time you break wind I guess you see it as a sign the junta is right...coffee1.gif

No significant quantities of mobile phones either, very little electrical wire, a couple of 9V batteries, it lacks significant components to be a serious bomb makers base.

All the items in the baggie look like they were bought 10 minutes prior. (Senior cop saying to lower ranked cop, "hey Somchai, here's 400 baht. Go down to 7-11 and buy some scissors and batteries and stuff that a bomb maker might buy. Be back soon, and bring a zip-lock baggie.")

I'd imagine a bomb-maker's stash would be odds and ends and have some grime. Maybe he's a very tidy craftsman who always wipes off his tools, and disposes of any bits of loose ends after every bomb-making session.

Maybe he did it,maybe he didn't. Problem is Thai police have about 0 credibility... boy crying wolf syndrome. We all want crime solved, which may skew some of the responses, both for and against opinion "they got their man". Thai gf and I watched Thai news reports. According to them suspect had around 100 passports on him, so no telling where he came from....

Not sure why it hasn't been mentioned, but perhaps the fake passports were for the current Uigurs still in camps in Thailand?

You guys have no clue about the grey wolves, they disbanded in the 90's. They aren't active anymore. And the grey wolves are a far right turkish nationalist organization albeit not a mongol one.

abdullah-catli.jpg

Typical mediterrenan, the guy captured is south asian. He might be an uyghur, but he's not a turk for sure.

According to wikipedia the grey wolves are alive and well and responsible for acts of terror up to 2014, plus other news sources say the same.

If he,s not turkish what is he??, the apartment was rented by another turk back in January last year also named in latest udate today.

Todays update says police went through thousands of phone calls and traced 3 turkish phones on international roaming.

They say they traced the phone to the area, the report also says there was a tip off as well from the apartments owner who was scarred.

Source Bangkok post sunday update.

Edited by kiwikeith

abdullah-catli.jpg

According to wikipedia the grey wolves are alive and well and responsible for acts of terror up to 2014, plus other news sources say the same.

If he,s not turkish what is he, the apartment was rented by another turk back in January last year also named in latest udate today.

Then they're not the Grey Wolves I know of, probably an imitator with the same name. Cause grey wolves were actually set up by the deep state to counter ASALA, ASALA is the terrorist organization responsible for the assasination of Turkish diplomats.

20 months ago, I got in trouble for starting a small fire near the river in northern Thailand. I was clearing a path by the river which could be used by nature hikers. I was apprehended by a villager and then cops showed up later. We went to the scene of the crime. My fire had gone out and there wasn't even any smoke or embers in its rug-sized area. Cops needed a photo, so they picked a nearby spot, put a bunch of stick together and made a bonfire as big as a car. When the flames were roaring, they got me and other cops to stand in front of it, for the photo. Go figure.

As a Thai(Chinese origin) do you wai the Erawan shrine when you pass it. We all know about Chinese Thais and lack of business etiquette but this isn't about money.

Seriously off topic !! Are you really being serious about Thais not capable of perpetrating such acts of violence ?

I guess the Thai Muslims bombers down in the south can feel better as nobody will bother looking for them!!

Thais are more than capable and well you know it, waiing at a shrine doesn't make you any less a dick if you go and kill someone !!

What about guy on enclosed picture - together with Pope?He is quite similar to arrested suspect,and he is Turkish,do you know his name?

abdullah-catli.jpg

post-168382-0-29558700-1440906275_thumb.

Lucky coincidence that the landlord has given the tip.
Since January 5 apartments were rented and many false passports were found.
Looks as if there has been operating a people smuggling gang, for Uyghurs fleeing from China to Turkey/Europe.
Then happened the incident that Thailand returning them to China.
Then some of these group got very angry, because some family members and friends were deported back, and developed the plan of revenge.

Until now, they captured only one person.
To what extent he is integrated in the bomber team, is unclear.
Was he actively involved or is he only the caretaker for the apartment keys?