Bangkok Bomb Suspect Arrested

Lite Beer

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well .. well ... well ... if my memory serves me correct I stated that the RTP were not telling TV everything and I also said mark this post !!!

meaning they would get the suspect soon !!

ain't I a clever dick !!! now where are all the nay sayers ??? all gone to hide under their beds and eat humble pie ??

I guess if you know what's going on then your 90% there !!! I have been around a while .... whistling.gif

Your one hell of a genius, keep patting yourself on the back.

I think I've gloated enough ... guess I have to come down a couple of notches now.

but geeeezzz it felt good .... more humble pie consumed in the last 24hrs than free desert at a nun's catholic sunday school strip club !! gigglem.gif

How are you almost certain of that?

Thais don't have the means and sophisticated technology to collect and analyse all electronic and phone communications.
The good old US of A and their buddies in Israel have! They are both heavily embedded in the land smiles.
Sophisticated technology is not necessary. Every time you make a call you generate a Call Data Record (CDR) which contains info not only the source and destination numbers but your device id and which cell you are using. It all goes into a telcos database and a simple query of the cells around the Erawan Shrine at the known time will give you a short list of either internation sims, international devices or international destinations. Very easy to do. After all how do you think phone companies know how and where to charge you if they didn't collect this data?

Still pretty good sleuthing to pick out SIM activity for three Turkish SIMS from maybe dozens of Chinese SIM activity and hundreds of totally innocent Thai SIM activity at Erawan that night though.

If you started from the premise that there was a Turkish connection, and that would be one of their leads, all you do is look up the code for Turkey and off you go. From that result you get any local calls incoming and outgoing and Bob's your uncle.

In law enforcement, it's called an "orgy of evidence." Coos go to arrest someone and all the evidence and more is lying out in the open.

It happens in the movies, but not in real life.

They are such poor liars.

Congratulations on watching the movie "Minority Report" which has been on repeat on TrueVisions this week. You took the "orgy of evidence" line and evidence in open reference directly from Colin Farrell's character in that movie. At least you get your impressive detective skills from a pretty decent movie (which I happened to re-watch yesterday on TV) rather than "Blue Bloods"

Anyone doubting this just google "orgy of evidence" and see what comes up [hint: Minority Report, circa 2002].

Well done, truly.

Meanwhile, as someone that grew up as the son of a prison official, I can promise you that most criminals are in the slammer because --- they are freakin' idiots.

Plus, isn't it just POSSIBLE that they would plant another bomb, and in that case would need the additional materials?

I look forward to hearing what "Minority Report" has to say about that possibility

I was going to post something imminently relevant but I need to quickly watch a bit of episode 14 (or 15) of The Blacklist (Season 2) just to make sure I have it absolutely right.

Meanwhile, as someone who grew up as the seventh son of the seventh son of a cheese mechanic from Dunbar, "I know ma oatmeal and this isnae it!"

I know scape-goating has been mentioned numerous times in this thread and of course is actually being carried out in the Samui Court room (Death Island) B2 court case. Thailand’s previous governments and the RTP have much practice in setting Thai and others up as scape-goats as far back as I can remember some 60 plus years ago who have paid with their lives.

Edit: Unable to turn off Bold, Mod pls fix!

The good old US of A and their buddies in Israel have! They are both heavily embedded in the land smiles.

Sophisticated technology is not necessary. Every time you make a call you generate a Call Data Record (CDR) which contains info not only the source and destination numbers but your device id and which cell you are using. It all goes into a telcos database and a simple query of the cells around the Erawan Shrine at the known time will give you a short list of either internation sims, international devices or international destinations. Very easy to do. After all how do you think phone companies know how and where to charge you if they didn't collect this data?

Still pretty good sleuthing to pick out SIM activity for three Turkish SIMS from maybe dozens of Chinese SIM activity and hundreds of totally innocent Thai SIM activity at Erawan that night though.

If you started from the premise that there was a Turkish connection, and that would be one of their leads, all you do is look up the code for Turkey and off you go. From that result you get any local calls incoming and outgoing and Bob's your uncle.

Alright, so how did the premise of the Turkish connection first come about?

The RTP says they raided this place based on the suspicions of a local and stumbled across someone that is not Thai and has fake Turkish ID, ie. no confirmed ID or nationality. Remember, we all look the same to them.

Then, within 12 hours, the RTP claim they have this Turkish SIM activity that appears to be growing in quantity around the two bomb locations and the apartments. I wonder if they can check for the activity of those SIMS in places beyond the three crime scenes as I am pretty sure there's was quite few of them and they moved about a fair bit more than Nong Chok, Erawan and Sathorn. That's indeed if there were any Turkish/Uighur people smuggler/terrorist cell in the first place.

I am still going with 1) this guy wasn't involved and 2) there was message sent by the perps that was suppressed by the authorities because it had to do with the military junta/coup etc.

Not sure about this guy not being involved, but your point about any message being supressed by the junta is interesting and quite within the bounds of possibility, given that there is likely to be an even greater lack of transparency than ever there was with previous, civilian, governments (though equally inept and similarly full of wind and piss).

Lets just say it is him. Shows all the naysayers that the RTP have been doing a splendid job, quietly.

Yes, if it is him. However, let's see the evidence--he does look similar to the police sketch.

Sorry but what the hell do you mean similar!!!!!!!!!!!!!-----2 eyes 2 ears a mouth and a nose---- hell yes you're right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Similar age, similar coloring, similar shape of face. He doesn't look like a Norseman, a ginger, or a negroid; so similar.

The police found "some materials that we similar to the materials used in the two bombs." What the hell does that mean. 7 days after the blast and they still

could not provide forensics, however on the day following the arrest they have "found materials" similar to materials that they have no bloody clue about.

God forbid.

Immigration law demands that peole renting rooms must report, with Passport ID those renting their rooms and then Immigration is to scurtinize documents and determine if ligitimate and apparently eiither room management or Immigration did not follow law which could have prevented bombing !

Man I HATE the way big threads on ThaiVisa tend to play out.

For the first 3 pages, starting with an OP that contains incomplete or incorrect information, there's the usual mix of trolls and bashers and a small number of diligent posters pointing out inconsistencies in the OP.

Pages 5 to 10, the OP finally gets corrected and/or updated so by then, there's enough data to give a clear picture of what's going on, some valuable posts appear that add information that's missing from the OP or that is pertinent but missing from the OP, and the usual mix of trolls and bashers stating "Thainess", "Burmese scapegoats", "The Man In Dubai" and other witless one-liners that stopped being funny not less than 3-6 months ago. But in general, this is where the thread develops real information value, until...

Pages 11 to Last, posters who just woke up, live in a remote time zone or just recharged their phones after the batteries ran out in a bar at 2AM, start commenting on posts on pages 1 to 5 which by then have long since been corrected, refuted, explained, withdrawn... basically anyone who's not yet operating at 100% brain capacity and all those who don't give a damn about how an internet forum is supposed to work. From this point, all the new and relevant information gets buried under an avalanche of redundant, irrelevant and repetitive "discoveries", questions, etc. - a full repeat of things completed on pages 1 to the current. Bad enough, but...

Pages 15 to Last, well-meaning but ill-advised posters actually reply to the late risers, often just with "read the thread" - in some cases, many replies to the same post. Now the post/page count is spiraling out of control, and for every original and informational update or new contribution, there's 10+ of these "static noise" messages that frequently lead to an entire page not containing a single bit of new or valuable info. At some point, only a fresh thread "continued from" is able to return the topic briefly to a readable state. However...

New thread, page1 to current: Lots of half-brains posting who never read the preceding thread, which basically makes any important follow-up the proverbial needle in the haystack.

-------------------------

Yeah, I see the irony in that my post is also more noise than signal. But after reading 26 pages of this thread, I felt the urge to write it.

I wish ThaiVisa had a system that would assign a moderator to any thread longer than 5 pages, a person specifically assigned to delete the noise. Or an algorithm that blocks the "reply/post" button unless at least 80% of the existing pages have been visited (hey, they can do this for EULAs so why not here?).

You wish to destroy what little "social" life most of the scared little men herevhave by banishing their posts?

Their 40 year younger wives (in their dreams) have already divorced them and now they sit on their bed in their cold little flat in Birmingham dreaming of what their life could be like in Thailand if only they had the cash to go there.

You are cruel....but I like you!!

When I first saw this picture:

post-235369-14408585275029_thumb.jpg

I thought, "That looks like some bomb parts."

The bomb blast at the Erawan shrine was significant. In reports afterward, I saw estimates of 2 to 5 kg of TNT as the size of the charge.

When I look at he picture, the threaded pipe sections looked small - maybe 4 cm diameter by 10 cm in length.

So, out comes the calculator, and a minute later I have the result: 300 grams. (density of TNT is 1.65 gm/cm3)

The pipe pieces are way too small.

This leads to a few interesting questions. I'm hopeful the police will disclose more about the evidence.

On the other hand, if they conduct this professionally, they will stay quiet about most of the evidence until they have finished their investigation.

I just put in that last sentence to be nice.

The bomb blast at the Erawan shrine was significant. In reports afterward, I saw estimates of 2 to 5 kg of TNT as the size of the charge.

When I look at he picture, the threaded pipe sections looked small - maybe 4 cm diameter by 10 cm in length.

So, out comes the calculator, and a minute later I have the result: 300 grams. (density of TNT is 1.65 gm/cm3)

This leads to a few interesting questions. I'm hopeful the police will disclose more about the evidence.

On the other hand, if they conduct this professionally, they will stay quiet about most of the evidence until they have finished their investigation.

I save you the time looking for you calculator,

First of all, the pipes in the picture are at least double the size you estimate them.

Then, you realize that a backpack can contain several those pipes, and let's say 5 x 600 gram is 3kg.

"0.5mm-diameter ball bearings"

and how big are the ball bearing balls 0.05?

The found 5 mm ball bearing balls....... Has The Nation no one with an IQ over 70?

Even if the balls were 0.5mm that is still about half the size of a pin head.

First of all, the pipes in the picture are at least double the size you estimate them.

Then, you realize that a backpack can contain several those pipes, and let's say 5 x 600 gram is 3kg.

lLok at the ruler in the top left hand photo. 5 bombs went of simultaneously?

I don't think anyone has said that what has been found is a replica of the bomb actually used, but either way it is damning evidence of potential wrongdoing and certainly worth further investigation.

I don't think anyone has said that what has been found is a replica of the bomb actually used, but either way it is damning evidence of potential wrongdoing and certainly worth further investigation.

The ruler is in Inches. From another source it is seen that the pipes are about 10 Inch long.

Why you think they don't pack 5 bombs in the same backpack?

20 months ago, I got in trouble for starting a small fire near the river in northern Thailand. I was clearing a path by the river which could be used by nature hikers. I was apprehended by a villager and then cops showed up later. We went to the scene of the crime. My fire had gone out and there wasn't even any smoke or embers in its rug-sized area. Cops needed a photo, so they picked a nearby spot, put a bunch of stick together and made a bonfire as big as a car. When the flames were roaring, they got me and other cops to stand in front of it, for the photo. Go figure.

20 months ago was wet.

Can't figure how you can start a fire from scratch.

The ruler is in Inches. From another source it is seen that the pipes are about 10 Inch long.

The ruler is in mm, metric system in LOS, if not they would be 1/2 inch ball bearings.

Renting multiple rooms in the same block in a Muslim area of the city is suspicious. Having multiple fake Turkish passports is more than suspicious. I wander if this fellow was part of a set up to move Uighurs fleeing China to Turkey? Some sort of underground route would have become necessary once Thailand started returning them to China.

The Chinese security services would probably have known about it. I don't suppose they would mind on what pretext it was closed down.

This chap would have been in the wrong place, doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Just a thought....

The wrong thing at the wrong time; like, having pipes capped at both ends, ball bearings matching the bombs used, etc? They have one of the bombers here. I've never been a junta supporter since the coup, but I'm not willing to dismiss the capture of a person obviously involved in a horrific act of violence. It's not 'the wrong place at the wrong time' - would you have matching bomb making materials in your home, if you were smuggling refugees?

You are accepting without question the RTP/Army claims to have found bomb making materials. They may have found what they say they have found. On the other hand they may have "embellished " the discovery to suit their purpose. I don't know, but I am sceptical.

the ruler is in cm/mm not inches, and the ball bearing in the photo are 6 mm diameter a stock diameter....and bits a pipe look like they vary in diameter from what looks like 12mm. 19mm and 50mm - for those metrically illiterate is 0.5", 3/4" and 2.0" respectively, its stock "plumbing pipe" and stock end caps

The ruler is not in inches. Look at the ball bearings in relationship to the divisions on the ruler. The ruler is in cm.

But I guess the moderator doesn't like this aspect of the discussion.

So let me just say I hope the police continue to look for more evidence and more perpetrators.

After all, it was a multi-room apartment situation they found the one guy in.

Archived