Chad executes 10 Boko Haram members 1 day after verdict

Lite Beer

Chad executes 10 Boko Haram members 1 day after verdict
DANY PADIRE, Associated Press

N'DJAMENA, Chad (AP) — Chad executed by firing squad 10 members of Boko Haram on Saturday, the security minister said, marking the first use of the death penalty since the country bolstered its anti-terror measures last month.

The 10 men were sentenced to death on Friday after being convicted of crimes including murder and the use of explosives. They were killed at around 11 a.m., Ahmat Mahamat Bachir, the security minister, said Saturday.

Those killed included Bahna Fanaye, alias Mahamat Moustapha, who Chadian officials have described as a leader of the Nigeria-based group.

Chad has vowed to take a leading role in a regional force to fight Boko Haram that is also expected to include soldiers from Cameroon, Benin and Niger in addition to Nigeria. Boko Haram has targeted Nigeria's neighbors in regular attacks this year.

In June and July Chad's capital, N'Djamena, was rocked by a series of suicide attacks that killed dozens of people — the first such attacks since Boko Haram threatened the country earlier this year.

In one attack, suicide bombers on motorcycles targeted two buildings in the capital. In another, a man disguised as a woman wearing a burqa detonated a bomb outside the city's main market.

Last September, Chad drew praise from rights groups for a draft penal code that abolished capital punishment. The International Federation for Human Rights said at the time that the country had observed a moratorium on the death penalty since 1991 with the exception of nine executions that took place in November 2003. But anti-terror measures approved by lawmakers last month in response to the recent attacks brought the death penalty back.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-30

Nigeria needs to get as tough as Chad.

Nigerian military are notorious for abuse against civilians & extrajudicial killing.

More than 7,000 men and boys have died in Nigerian military custody during its fight against Boko Haram over the last four years, Amnesty International says.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32991237

Thats a soft kill. Put them in a cage and set it on fire..sends a message

Wrap them in a pig skin carcass first. Will send a very big message.

I believe a certain US general used that "technique" when fighting Moslem insurgents in the Philippines many years ago.

I believe a certain US general used that "technique" when fighting Moslem insurgents in the Philippines many years ago.

Proven myth disseminated on the Web

That's the way. No long, expensive, gaol time where can try to convert other inmates to their cause.

Convicted, sentenced, dead. THAT sends a message.

Personally, I would have a metal dock, wire it to the mains & to buttons for each jurer, and if they ALL press the button, it's barbecue time.

Thats a soft kill. Put them in a cage and set it on fire..sends a message

Well, that was an US general.

If it was another nationality many would be 'appalled' and human rights groups would have many work to do, isn't it?

Clearly proves the hipocracy of some ...

Nigerian military are notorious for abuse against civilians & extrajudicial killing.

More than 7,000 men and boys have died in Nigerian military custody during its fight against Boko Haram over the last four years, Amnesty International says.

Amnesty International - Ever noticed how selective this group is?

Would anyone in their right mind believe what these groups utter?

These are highly payed individuals voicing their pay-masters thoughts.

These are highly payed individuals voicing their pay-masters thoughts

Really ? shows how little you know about them then.

Ive read some stupid posts but thats about as dumb as they come and your pretty much wrong on all points.

AI are mostly disliked for speaking inconvenient truths by people whod rather not know at all or its ruining their Sunday morning reading or countries they regularly embarrass by calling them out, and rightly so. They dont do it to be popular you know.

So please tell us about the huge salaries and who exactly these tin foil hat paymasters are, id really like to know how much you think you know about AI

I suspect its probably calling out a country or regime found wanting or performing some kind of atrocity you identify with and you probably dont like that inconvenient truth so its easier for you to just shoot the messenger... im right arnt I ? ;)

Dosnt worry AI is used to lame accusations from apologists, worlds full of them.

Edited by englishoak

Somehow, the oxygen seemed fresher yesterday. It was sweeter. Not even their mothers are going to miss these murderous hooligans. Always a great thing for humanity when creeps like this are no longer allowed to consume oxygen. There are some lines you cross in life, that simply revoke your right to breathe air. They faced revocation. Nice. Lovely. Wonderful. The world is a far, far better place without these cockroaches. Hope they can get every last one of them.

Ive read some stupid posts but thats about as dumb as they come and your pretty much wrong on all points.

AI are mostly disliked for speaking inconvenient truths by people whod rather not know at all or its ruining their Sunday morning reading or countries they regularly embarrass by calling them out, and rightly so. They dont do it to be popular you know.

So please tell us about the huge salaries and who exactly these tin foil hat paymasters are, id really like to know how much you think you know about AI

I suspect its probably calling out a country or regime found wanting or performing some kind of atrocity you identify with and you probably dont like that inconvenient truth so its easier for you to just shoot the messenger... im right arnt I ? wink.png

Dosnt worry AI is used to lame accusations from apologists, worlds full of them.

Yes Really!

Ever heard what happened to Former Yugoslavia, Iraq, Libya, Syrian, Ukraine etc.?

What did these 'Humanitarian' groups do? As you seems to be an expert about them (as per your wild accusations hurled at me), let me know.

You think these humanitarians are doing all this voluntarily?

And who needs to be liked when money is flowing in?

How about your country? Have they NOT performed any kind of atrocity? Are their hands squeaky clean?

Come on, apologists exists for every one! Including for your posts!

Yes, the worlds full of them, and you know very well!!!

cheesy.gif

They are NOT disliked for what they say, but the way they select what to say about whom.

Edited by ravip

I suspect its probably calling out a country or regime found wanting or performing some kind of atrocity you identify with and you probably dont like that inconvenient truth so its easier for you to just shoot the messenger... im right arnt I ? wink.png

Yes Really!

Ever heard what happened to Former Yugoslavia, Iraq, Libya, Syrian, Ukraine etc.?

What did these 'Humanitarian' groups do? As you seems to be an expert about them (as per your wild accusations hurled at me), let me know.

How about your country? Have they NOT performed any kind of atrocity? Are their hands squeaky clean?

cheesy.gif

They are NOT disliked for what they say, but the way they select what to say about whom.

It appears you have no idea how AI operate. e.g. AI have done great work in campaigning against & exposing human rights abuse no matter the country and has been deeply involved in applying pressure that has resulted in thousands being released from detention, exposing military and political criminals etc etc

You mention Syria, so read...

https://www.amnesty.org/en/search/?q=syria

My home country Australia...

https://www.amnesty.org/en/search/?q=australia

Yes Really!

cheesy.gif

What exactly do you expect AI to do that they dont already ? They stop short of military force you know. They do however provid and attempt to spread awareness, media pressure and action on issues and atrocities and news related to such incidents.

Please take some time to educate yourself because its clear you badly need to. http://www.amnesty.org.uk/

Im not going to walk you through all of it but safe to say if you want detail put in the name of the country in the search and read down the list.

Where did you get the impression I think the UK is squeaky clean ? it most certainly is not and ive no problem with it being highlighted.

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/events/undercover-true-story-britain%E2%80%99s-secret-police#.VeWSUn3kdTY

You made the accusations about AI so either provide the proof or stop flapping your mouth.

Still waiting for you to provide anything backing up your accusations and BS,

Have a nice day.

Edited by englishoak

Yes Really!

cheesy.gif

What exactly do you expect AI to do that they dont already ? They stop short of military force you know. They do however provid and attempt to spread awareness, media pressure and action on issues and atrocities and news related to such incidents.

Please take some time to educate yourself because its clear you badly need to. http://www.amnesty.org.uk/

Im not going to walk you through all of it but safe to say if you want detail put in the name of the country in the search and read down the list.

Where did you get the impression I think the UK is squeaky clean ? it most certainly is not and ive no problem with it being highlighted.

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/events/undercover-true-story-britain%E2%80%99s-secret-police#.VeWSUn3kdTY

You made the accusations about AI so either provide the proof or stop flapping your mouth.

Still waiting for you to provide anything backing up your accusations and BS,

Have a nice day.

What exactly do you expect AI to do that they dont already? - Be NOT biased

Please take some time to educate yourself because its clear you badly need to - I always attempt to. You need the education more for flipping so much for what you call my flapping.

Im not going to walk you through all of it... - I have no necessity for such!

Still waiting for you to provide anything backing up your accusations and BS - If you need proof for that, you will never understand or more like you dont want to.

Thank you for the 'entertainment', but this is not the forum for this.

Take a break and relax!!!