What can you buy in Bangkok that you can't buy in Pattaya?

Jingthing

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

young crocodiles about 30-35cm long are available in BKK but not in Pattaya.

Pets or food?

OK to take on the bus back home?

pets of course smile.png

don't know. i haven't been on a bus (except at airports) in decades.

The selection in Bangkok for just about everything is greater. Example, King size bed pillows I couldn't find here (even difficult in Bangkok) but I finally got 'em. Pattaya has no specialty photographic stores (only chains). Reverse the question what does Pattaya have that you can't get in Bangkok? Go to Chatuchak market and there are many items unavailable here.

Edited by ThaiBob

The selection in Bangkok for just about everything is greater. Example, King size bed pillows I couldn't find here (even difficult in Bangkok) but I finally got 'em. Pattaya has no specialty photographic stores (only chains). Reverse the question what does Pattaya have that you can't get in Bangkok? Go to Chatuchak market and there are many items unavailable here.

I assume there is pretty much nothing (as far as SHOPPING) that Pattaya has that you can't get in Bangkok. Except for things like funny Pattaya sex tourism t-shirts ...

It's just that years ago I felt a strong NEED to shop in Bangkok, and now I am having a hard time imagining why I would even bother. Thus, I started this thread for input.

I think there has been some really good info posted here. Especially compelling is the idea of shopping for unique decor items at Chatuchak ... I would definitely do that if I was in the market for that.

Edited by Jingthing

Sorry a Lil off topic , How about a service Dentistry, is it better in Bangkok or Pattaya is it cheaper in either or better

Generally, Bangkok is better. Price is always a tough one. Need to do some shopping around. But price isn't everything!

Have you been to the new Index Mall on Suk? It has a really good selection of pillows. For Thailand anyway! smile.png

I assume there is pretty much nothing (as far as SHOPPING) that Pattaya has that you can't get in Bangkok. Except for things like funny Pattaya sex tourism t-shirts ...

It's just that years ago I felt a strong NEED to shop in Bangkok, and now I am having a hard time imagining why I would even bother. Thus, I started this thread for input.

I think there has been some really good info posted here. Especially compelling is the idea of shopping for unique decor items at Chatuchak ... I would definitely do that if I was in the market for that.

Pattaya has Norwegian Aquavit, i cannot find that in BKK.

There are a 2-3 shops just East of Patts, Ocean Marina, that sports a fair amount of maritime stash that I just can't find in BKK,

(but of course, thats a narrow market).

There are some things that I found after moving here some years ago that I never saw in Bangkok at that time and that is due no doubt to butchers/bakers who started businesses here.... things like English pork pies, and Steak and Kidney pies etc. ......

Have you been to the new Index Mall on Suk? It has a really good selection of pillows. For Thailand anyway! smile.png

Yep, been there, "mai mee". Central Festival same same. Central Chitlom had them.

Although i live in bkk many years i have to admit it feels strange to read a thread on the subject of shopping in bkk, guess as i am so often in hong kong and travel there with empty luggage going to bkk shopping malls and such does not enter my head, i only seem to shop at makro or the talat.

Yes, I understand that. I do that on my trips to the USA. DECENT clothes are so much cheaper there! Ironically they're often made in Southeast Asia. Go figure.

Same with hard drives, and many are made in Thailand.

Yep, been there, "mai mee". Central Festival same same. Central Chitlom had them.

I've been having pretty good success with Lazada lately. Delivered to my door, COD!

http://www.lazada.co.th/zleepsleep-king-firm-207837.html

Since the thread is about shopping I sneak in a question:

Does anybody know where I can buy temperature strips?

These are kind of tape like stickers you put on cold/warm surfaces and you can read of the temperature of the surface.

I'd love some for the temperature range about 30 celsius to 150 celsius

I've been having pretty good success with Lazada lately. Delivered to my door, COD!

http://www.lazada.co.th/zleepsleep-king-firm-207837.html

Thanks for that.... good price also.. 990 from 2000. Ordered!

Buying online technically does not fit the title or spirit of this thread.

Somewhat agree, but not totally. If you can get it online, then many of us would prefer that. Especially those living a bit outside Pattaya. With traffic the way it is now, I avoid central Pattaya like the plague! But even then, many items I'd like are only available online from outside the country. And sometimes come with super high shipping costs and of course the obligatory import and VAT tax. Ugh....