Proof of address paperwork necessary every year?

This year immediately prior to my retirement extension application I provided proof of address (complicated situation involving newly constructed freehold condo prior to transfer of ownership at land office) which included a TM-30 like document (meaning it contained the same information but was not labeled as a TM-30) signed by the developer and copies of her company's business license, her Thai ID card, and her tabian baan. From Phuket Immigration I received a receipt of notification which they stapled in my passport ("Have received notification of alien's address from xx who notify ther [sic] residence where aliens have stayed"). (Note: this is different from the receipt of notification that I received for doing my 90-day report: "Have received notification of staying in Thailand for 90 days from xx".) I was then able to successfully apply for my retirement extension.

Next year (your question) I plan to see if I can use the receipt of notification stapled in my passport as proof of address, since nothing has changed from this year. If not, and I suspect it may not work, I will have to obtain from my developer the same documents I did this year. So like you, I would be interested to hear if anyone has any recent experience regarding this requirement.

Hello,

My Filipino colleague said that he didn't have to submit a proof of residence

when he extended his 1-year Non-B extension for one year at the immigration

office a few months ago. The IO might of forgotten to ask him for it so he might

be asked to hand in that when he does his next 90-day report. What he added

was he didn't even have to submit a tax certificate, either, when he extended

his WP for one year... Sounds really strange, though.

Edited by Too

Most offices want proof of residence every year.

That was the case when I extended my permission to stay based on retirement at Jomtien last month. I had forgotten to bring that documentation but the officer asked whether I had a Thai driving licence. I did so that was accepted.

Alan

When I applied for my retirement stay (visa) they asked for proof of residence/address.I showed then a back statement with my mailing address but they would not accept it. I then showed them my car insurance policy which had my address on it since it was mailed to me. This would not do but they then asked if I had a copy of my drivers license which I just so happened to have. They accepted that and I was on my way.

I received a Non-O Retirement Visa about 4 months ago after paying a lawyer to help with the process. I was told that you have to verify your address every 3 months. Since I paid the lawyer that is his responsibility for the first year. I am about to call him soon to verify and will update this post.

I was also told by him and have seen posts here on Thai Visa that you are now able to do so online. It supposedly went into effect 3 months ago. I will also verify this and report what I find.

I received a Non-O Retirement Visa about 4 months ago after paying a lawyer to help with the process. I was told that you have to verify your address every 3 months. Since I paid the lawyer that is his responsibility for the first year. I am about to call him soon to verify and will update this post.

I was also told by him and have seen posts here on Thai Visa that you are now able to do so online. It supposedly went into effect 3 months ago. I will also verify this and report what I find.

I think you will find that what you acquired 4 months ago was not a non-O retirement visa (visas must be obtained outside of Thailand), but rather a one year extension of permission to stay based on retirement. You are describing the 90-day report process, in which you report your address to immigration every 90 days you have been in the country (if you hold a long-term extension of stay). The lawyer can do that for you, but it's good to check and verify that he has done so. I think he will need your passport to do so. He will receive a notification receipt which indicates the next 90-day report due date and is typically stapled into your passport. Doing a 90-day report at the immigration office is free. You can do it online for free as well, but it doesn't work for everyone yet, so those people have to go in person, mail their report, or use a proxy as you are doing.

The OP's question relates to the proof of address that is required by some immigration offices before you can apply for an extension of stay based on retirement. Specifically, whether you have to supply this proof every year even if nothing has changed from the previous year.

Chachoengsao:

I was never asked for anything on this until last year, when they wanted either a tabian ban or rental agreement, neither of which did I have (well I did have tabian ban, but the blue one so blank. I own a house whioh I built on land that is leased under a usufruct). I had brought with me as a precaution all the papers relating to the land lease and showed them that (including chanode with my name added as lessee on the back) but they didn't really understand it and were not happy. Eventually they settled for a copy of C of R that they themselves had issued me a couple of years prior (!). Made clear they would want a tabian ban with my name in it the next time (though were I renting a place, rental agreement would also be OK)

For this reason I just went through the process of getting a yellow tabian ban, which I will bring along at my upcoming extension visit (along with every other conceivable document just in case).

In Phuket you now have to register your residence every year by submitting their special form prior to a applying tor the extension.

I don't know where did you get this information from as it is not correct.

The address registration slip in your passport can be used every year as long you did not move to a new address.

This is for long term extensions.

Edited by merijn

Never been asked for proof of address at Phitsanulock since the first time six years ago when I took both the blue and yellow family books. Best advice, especially if you have a seven hour round trip like me, is to take every bit of paper you can think of, and then add some more. One day they will ask to see your 12th grade school report, or your paternal grandfather's death certificate! Coming from Wichianburi, I am always asked if I have brought any chicken for them. Always reply that it is in the truck, and that if they will kindly allow me to stay for another 12 months, I shall go and get it. Quite a good crowd there, and you can have a bit of a joke with them.

• Like 1

In Phuket you now have to register your residence every year by submitting their special form prior to a applying tor the extension.

The address registration slip in your passport can be used every year as long you did not move to a new address.

What is the address registration slip in your passport's real name?

As Ubon Joe said in Phuket you have to register your residence by submitting their special form (which is a version of a TM-30) prior to applying for the extension. That process results in a Receipt of Notification being stapled into your passport. If it helps you the name of that receipt in Thai is: เบรบการแจ้งคนต่างด้าวเข้าพักอาศัย

This should not be confused with the other Receipt of Notification stapled into my passport, which is simply for the 90-day report (or ใบรับแจ้งการอยู่เกิน ๙๐ วัน ของบุคคลต่างด้าว)

The question is whether one must submit this special (TM-30 like) form every year prior to applying for your extension or whether the previous one is sufficient assuming it is still correct (that is, you still live in the same place)? I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to that question yet because the requirement seems to have been imposed starting last year. It does seem odd that it was stapled into my passport if I'm not intended to use it again the next year (if nothing has changed).

As Ubon Joe said in Phuket you have to register your residence by submitting their special form (which is a version of a TM-30) prior to applying for the extension. That process results in a Receipt of Notification being stapled into your passport. If it helps you the name of that receipt in Thai is: เบรบการแจ้งคนต่างด้าวเข้าพักอาศัย

This should not be confused with the other Receipt of Notification stapled into my passport, which is simply for the 90-day report (or ใบรับแจ้งการอยู่เกิน ๙๐ วัน ของบุคคลต่างด้าว)

The question is whether one must submit this special (TM-30 like) form every year prior to applying for your extension or whether the previous one is sufficient assuming it is still correct (that is, you still live in the same place)? I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to that question yet because the requirement seems to have been imposed starting last year. It does seem odd that it was stapled into my passport if I'm not intended to use it again the next year (if nothing has changed).

This is correct, Phuket is using their own simplified (short of) form for the address registration.

After this they will staple the slip in your passport.

This remains valid until you move to a new address (for long term visa'a/extension)

• Like 1

Nicely summed up. Your answer to my question is, "I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to that question yet because the requirement seems to have been imposed starting last year."

I don't have to do this till December. We'll see how this changes. I would like to believe I don't have to assemble that paperwork more than once. The always evolving requirements at Phuket Immigration.

• Like 1

Nicely summed up. Your answer to my question is, "I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to that question yet because the requirement seems to have been imposed starting last year."

I don't have to do this till December. We'll see how this changes. I would like to believe I don't have to assemble that paperwork more than once. The always evolving requirements at Phuket Immigration.

See my answer a few post back.

It remains valid until you move to a new address.

I saw it and want to believe, but this is Phuket and they do whatever they want. It was only around this time last year they started requesting this info, so I think it remains unclear what the answer is, the second time around.

Please anyone - confirm that you got this through Phuket Immigration without doing the paperwork again.

I saw it and want to believe, but this is Phuket and they do whatever they want. It was only around this time last year they started requesting this info, so I think it remains unclear what the answer is, the second time around.

Please anyone - confirm that you got this through Phuket Immigration without doing the paperwork again.

I live in Phuket for over 26 years and very well informed about Phuket Immigration so i think that i know a little bit what is required or not.

But it is up to you what to believe and your right that things can change always in the future.

For your information the address registration started to become a issue last year in whole of Thailand and not only Phuket.

• Like 1

I've never been asked to provide proof of address. Lucky?

This requirement as a standard is relatively recent. Prior to the protests, there was no such requirement at CW. Then it was requested at the 'temporary' office at Lat Phrao, following which CW wanted it.

I report at Lat Phao and have never required anything but TM.47/receipt. I have sometimes been asked if living address is apartment or house but answer house is end of conversation. Perhaps they have record on computer that wife is registered at that address - but I doubt it.