Sa Kaew suspect identifies mastermind of Bangkok blasts

webfact

How much financing does 2 pipe bombs really need?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Accommodation for a gang of 11+? suspects -food- wages - taxis -materials - passports-flights- visas - bribes cellphones etc etc

Bomb in itself not very expensive but when you count the little things It all adds up

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is seriously bad news for all the Thai-bashers who love to ridicule anything Thai, especially the police and military.

I have a theory: The government had much more intelligence from the beginning than they let on. We know they had some Special Branch info about a pending bomb-attack after Aug 11 (http://www.smh.com.au/world/bangkok-bombing-investigation-turns-to-uighurs-20150819-gj2hlr.html). Right from the beginning they talked about a large group, around 10 people, with foreigners involved. But then they had orders to downplay the terror tag, so they used various less-than-successful excuses ("A Thai can't do this", "personal revenge" etc).

Now, the question is if the Uighur deportations is the real motive, or if they were just hired hands for an internal Thai struggle which Shawn Crispin proposed.

After reading this article you refer to I'm having a hard time reconciling a lot of the information coming from official and mainstream sources on this.

Particularly the obvious point he raises that the timing for a revenge attack by Uighurs is too short, much too short.

And a number of other things. The scenario he outlines is pretty depressing so I'd like to see his questions answered, but so far a google search turns up no other links at all for this story so no one else appears to be talking about Crispin's article.

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

This is seriously bad news for all the Thai-bashers who love to ridicule anything Thai, especially the police and military.

I have a theory: The government had much more intelligence from the beginning than they let on. We know they had some Special Branch info about a pending bomb-attack after Aug 11 (http://www.smh.com.au/world/bangkok-bombing-investigation-turns-to-uighurs-20150819-gj2hlr.html). Right from the beginning they talked about a large group, around 10 people, with foreigners involved. But then they had orders to downplay the terror tag, so they used various less-than-successful excuses ("A Thai can't do this", "personal revenge" etc).

Now, the question is if the Uighur deportations is the real motive, or if they were just hired hands for an internal Thai struggle which Shawn Crispin proposed.

Could you clarify who your "Shawn Crispin" is?

Can't give a link (not allowed topic), please use Google.

Cheers, found the guy, and an interesting character indeed, although have yet to find his opinion on this situation, I shall keep looking.

After reading this article you refer to I'm having a hard time reconciling a lot of the information coming from official and mainstream sources on this.

Particularly the obvious point he raises that the timing for a revenge attack by Uighurs is too short, much too short.

And a number of other things. The scenario he outlines is pretty depressing so I'd like to see his questions answered, but so far a google search turns up no other links at all for this story so no one else appears to be talking about Crispin's article.

Yes, I agree about the short-time, unlikely the Uighur gang was just sitting in standby mode for some order to execute. You could easily have created some other event to divert attention from the other topic.

Do the passport scanners at the borders not work or something?

How is this guy and his friends able to come and go on fake passports in 2015?

Good question.....but your question presumes that the passport scanners at entries are actually connected to some database that would show a Chinese passport to be a fake.

I've never understood why some foreigners who have been previously convicted of serious crimes (bank robbery, felonious assault, sex crimes, etc.) simply sail right through Thai immigration. One would think that the Thai authorities would want to keep out such individuals and might have a connection on their computers with Interpol, FBI, etc., but it is fairly obvious they don't. Rather sad and stupid to me.

Accommodation for a gang of 11+? suspects -food- wages - taxis -materials - passports-flights- visas - bribes cellphones etc etc

Bomb in itself not very expensive but when you count the little things It all adds up

Gang of 11+ ??

I'm not sure I believe him.

Torture him a lot in case he he is lying. After all, violence is an accepted method of communication for this guy.

While you're at it, cut off his hands to stop him escaping.

will also make it difficult to build more bombs...

Gang of 11+ ??

There were at least 10+ involved accounting to international news

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/20/asia/thailand-bangkok-bombing/

And that's before they announced the latest warrant yesterday for the "mastermind"

Gang of 11+ ??

There were at least 10+ involved accounting to international news

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/20/asia/thailand-bangkok-bombing/

And that's before they announced the latest warrant yesterday for the "mastermind"

The word 'may' indicates that is a guestimate...

78.64% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

I'm not sure I believe him.

Torture him a lot in case he he is lying. After all, violence is an accepted method of communication for this guy.

While you're at it, cut off his hands to stop him escaping.

A bloodthirsty soul. arn't you? But a bit confused about the location and functions of various parts of the anatomy. Cut off the hands & there is nothing to keep the handcuffs from falling off. I though you might prefer to cut off his feet to prevent him escaping. You would have fitted in well in the dark ages. Normal modern judicial procedures will suit me just fine.

Even if the police needed a reward , I would say well done job to catch these bastards.

I would say it might be wise to add, given all the twists and turns we've seen so far, to let it play out a bit longer before it's time for slaps on the back all round.

The diplomat article by Shawn Crispin someone alluded to earlier made for an interesting read, and if any of the possibilities explored there have a hint of truth to them then what we've seen so far is just surface damage.

TIme will/might tell.

If bombs still on the making after the event at the Erawan site, and most people in the group didn't leave the country right away, it is very possible that other bombing were planned and now interrupted by the Police action...

They can use this guy for scapegoat, and ending the case, but.... are not doing that....the investigation still going on...

Give credit to the Police!

Well my guess is a Chinese Muslim from Western China. Thats all we want.

BANGKOK BOMB BLAST
Chinese man accused of bomb mastermind

THE NATION

30268371-01_big.JPG?1441661506634
Yusufu Mieraili

Alleged bombmaker has told police his Chinese 'boss' flew out day before Erawarn Shrine blast

BANGKOK: -- A CHINESE national was behind the plot to bomb the Erawan Shrine and has already fled the country, one of the suspects in custody revealed yesterday.

Meanwhile, the Min Buri Court approved warrants for the arrest of two more suspects, bringing the total number issued in connection with Bangkok bombings to 11.

An informed source said that Yusufu Mieraili, who was arrested in the border province of Sa Kaew last week, implicated a Chinese man and described him as the mastermind behind the blast.

"His name is Izan," Mieraili was quoted as saying. "He left Thailand via Suvarnabhumi Airport on August 16."

Based on the suspect's testimony, six people were involved in the Erawan Shrine blast and the Sathorn Pier bomb. The alleged accomplices were Izan, Mieraili, Adem Karadag, the man in the yellow T-shirt, a man in a blue shirt and another unidentified foreigner.

According to the source, Izan contacted Mieraili and other alleged accomplices via the WhatsApp chat application, adding that the accomplices did not know each other.

The source said Mieraili was in charge of bomb making, and had procured materials via the Internet, adding that the suspect was also instructed to put the bomb inside a backpack and place it under a bench along the Phadung Krung Kasem Canal on August 17.

"Mieraili has never seen the man in the yellow T-shirt in person," the source added.

Authorities have identified the man in a yellow T-shirt, captured on CCTV leaving a backpack under a bench in the shrine compound on August 17. The bomb inside the backpack exploded, killing 20 people and injuring more than 120 others. The man in the yellow T-shirt is yet to be identified. The man in the blue shirt was seen kicking a bag believed to contain a bomb into a canal near Sathorn Pier. That bomb exploded the following day without causing any casualty.

The source said Mieraili was in the neighbourhood when the Erawan Shrine blast happened, because Izan wanted him to record the incident and send photographs via WhatsApp.

However, authorities say Mieraili did not take pictures because he was worried he might arouse suspicion.

Mieraili was handed over to police yesterday, after spending the past week in military custody.

Arrested on August 26 for possession of bomb-making materials, Karadag is now being detained in Min Buri Prison.

So far, 11 arrest warrants have been issued, some with sketches of unidentified suspects. Of those wanted for the Bangkok bombings, one is a Thai woman, Wanna Suansan, whose Turkish husband, Emrah Davutoglu, is also a suspect.

The two new arrest warrants issued yesterday are for Abdullah Abdul Rahman, who is about 180 centimetres tall, and a man who is about 175 centimetres tall.

The warrant for the unnamed suspect is based on a photograph of him that was obtained from a department store in Min Buri district. Both were seen in apartment where bomb-making materials were found stored.

Deputy National Police Commissioner Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda said yesterday that the man in the yellow T-shirt and the man in the blue shirt had been active in a neighbouring country.

The Shrine explosion is described as the worst such attack on Thai soil.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Chinese-man-accused-of-bomb-mastermind-30268371.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-08

Am I the only one who thinks this guy looks like the photo and photo-fit of the yellow shirt guy?

Why would the bomb maker put the bomb under a bench for the bomber to collect it? Would this not risk being seen placing it under the bench, then again risk being seen retrieving it and then risk being seen again placing it at the shrine. And leaving it under a bench with nobody watching it would've risked it being found, taken or tampered with... all seems a bit silly

First thing I thought of was his "hair". It sure looks like a match at least. First we all thought the yellow shirt guy must be wearing a wig, but when you look at this pic, it really could be the same guy. If so, hats off to the Thai Military and RTP for getting him so fast.

According to the Bangkok Post article titled " New Suspect Emerges in Bomb case"

Police LT Gen Prawut has said the suspect Maieraili was a Chemical engineering graduate from a major university in China.

He admitted to making the Bomb.

He said his boss left the day b4 the bombing from Suvanabhum airport for china and is now in Bangladesh, if so airport authorities must have some good snap shots of this man.

To me Yussufo with his hair style looks more like the bomber everyday.

The BK post also says that police identified Maieraili with the man in the yellow shirt near Erewan from unreleased CCTV footage.

Whichever way we read between the lines from media it appears the police have the bomb makers and are trying to round up the residue, however they are still trying to smudge the attack as non Uighur revenge.

It appears to be the case now that mr Yussuffo is a Uighur chinese national , graduate in chemical engineering and confessed bomb maker.

Does that embarrass China and Thailand for ordering the deportation.

So a chinese bomb maker and his chinese boss masterminded an attack on a shrine that chinese frequent to worship.

The plot thickens.

So they're not really Turkish? Poor old turks got the blame for nothing... smile.png

Some of them don't certainly don't look Chinese either...

Its a weird story so far, why would Chinese have/use 200+ Turkish passports for a revenge bombing attack they didn't even claim yet?

A Chinese looks nothing like a turk, that alone would be suspicious in itself

Ever been to western China?

Folks in Xinjiang province dont resemble Han chinese.

It's part of China on a map only!

The language is a Turkish dialect.

To say the Uighars resent Beijing is an understatement!

Edited by rodroy

Any 'cell' of any worth, would have their counter intelligence stories worked out before the 'act'. So how much of the story is true or false, only time will tell.

But it looks as though further mayhem has been thwarted by the recent 'raids' on apartments where materials appear to have been stored.

Excellent work by the Law Enforcement and Security/Military officials involved.

Thailand is a country that has bombs go off at anytime, anywhere, .
what a load of nonsense

According to the Bangkok Post article titled " New Suspect Emerges in Bomb case"

Police LT Gen Prawut has said the suspect Maieraili was a Chemical engineering graduate from a major university in China.

He admitted to making the Bomb.

He said his boss left the day b4 the bombing from Suvanabhum airport for china and is now in Bangladesh, if so airport authorities must have some good snap shots of this man.

To me Yussufo with his hair style looks more like the bomber everyday.

The BK post also says that police identified Maieraili with the man in the yellow shirt near Erewan from unreleased CCTV footage.

Whichever way we read between the lines from media it appears the police have the bomb makers and are trying to round up the residue, however they are still trying to smudge the attack as non Uighur revenge.

It appears to be the case now that mr Yussuffo is a Uighur chinese national , graduate in chemical engineering and confessed bomb maker.

Does that embarrass China and Thailand for ordering the deportation.

So a chinese bomb maker and his chinese boss masterminded an attack on a shrine that chinese frequent to worship.

The plot thickens.

So they're not really Turkish? Poor old turks got the blame for nothing... smile.png

Some of them don't certainly don't look Chinese either...

Its a weird story so far, why would Chinese have/use 200+ Turkish passports for a revenge bombing attack they didn't even claim yet?

A Chinese looks nothing like a turk, that alone would be suspicious in itself

Ever been to western China?

Folks in Xinjiang province dont resemble Han chinese.

It's part of China on a map only!

The language is a Turkish dialect.

To say the Uighars resent Beijing is an understatement!

No, never been and don't have plans to go there

This whole chain of events is weird, maybe more information we don't know yet would make it better

Why so many fake passports?

Did they plan to admit this bombing or not?

How long was this planned for in advance?

Who picked the target of erawan shrine and why?

Who gave the order to do it on that particular date? etc etc....

This story is absolutely awful.

Authorities have identified the man in a yellow T-shirt, captured on CCTV leaving a backpack under a bench in the shrine compound on August 17. The bomb inside the backpack exploded, killing 20 people and injuring more than 120 others. The man in the yellow T-shirt is yet to be identified.

The Nation has always had poor English language skills, but this is going the extra mile.

Am I the only one who thinks this guy looks like the photo and photo-fit of the yellow shirt guy?

Why would the bomb maker put the bomb under a bench for the bomber to collect it? Would this not risk being seen placing it under the bench, then again risk being seen retrieving it and then risk being seen again placing it at the shrine. And leaving it under a bench with nobody watching it would've risked it being found, taken or tampered with... all seems a bit silly

>>Am I the only one<<..You are very thick but not the only thick one .He made the bomb and gave it to the bomb placer .

No, never been and don't have plans to go there

This whole chain of events is weird, maybe more information we don't know yet would make it better

Why so many fake passports?

Did they plan to admit this bombing or not?

How long was this planned for in advance?

Who picked the target of erawan shrine and why?

Who gave the order to do it on that particular date? etc etc....

Honestly, I really wonder if the many comments I see along these lines (along with all the ridiculous "what's the motive?" nonsense) are for real or just trolling. Could anyone really be so slow? Based on the situation, it all seems pretty obvious:

Why so many fake passports: Uh, hello, were not a shirtload of Uighers just deported from Thailand to China? Were they not trying to get to Turkey? Do you think they just MIGHT need some fake Turkish passports to do so? Obviously no longer needed when deported back to China.

How long planned in advance: Again, do you think ALL of the Uighers were deported? Certainly not, so there had to be plenty pissed off comrades left behind. Wouldn't they want revenge for their Muslim brothers? Easy peasy, fly in a bombmaker (if one not already among the group), and you're good to go.

Why the Erawan shrine: countless times it has been mentioned that this site is visited by many (Buddhist) Chinese. What better site to get back at both Thais and Chinese, as well as all "infidels"?

What's the motive: hello??? Anybody home??? why do people still ask this? Hit on the head as children? REVENGE! PAYBACK!

Virtually all of the evidence points the same direction, why is this so hard to comprehend?