Khon Kean Fishing tackel shop?

aussieinthailand

Moved too Khon Kean a while and don't really know the area much, so I'm Looking for tackle shop's in Khon Kean, My salt water gear is back in Samui.

Not just cheep stuff but quality gear, any one know where I can find a shop here in KK?

Thanks, haven't done any fresh water fishing here yet and would like to give it a crack.

BTW what's the best tasting fresh water fish in LOS? coz most of them taste like mud to me?

mate, have to agree, they all taste like mud even most from the ocean, havent used my gear in 2 years as it isnt worth it. Like you I brought all my tackle(salt/fresh) for game, barra, soft plastics, lures etc etc here with me but till I find somewhere to catch edible fish I refuse to get it out, guess the great quality of seafood in Australia has ruined me for the crap they have in Thailand although very rarely I do find some that isnt too bad.

mate, have to agree, they all taste like mud even most from the ocean, havent used my gear in 2 years as it isnt worth it. Like you I brought all my tackle(salt/fresh) for game, barra, soft plastics, lures etc etc here with me but till I find somewhere to catch edible fish I refuse to get it out, guess the great quality of seafood in Australia has ruined me for the crap they have in Thailand although very rarely I do find some that isnt too bad.

Yu'p I went from a weekly beach fishing dude to nothing, but also agree that the sea food in OZ fan freeking tastic, my house back there was just off the canals just south of Perth, beach fishing, scooping for blue crabs, dragging for prawns, and gidgy for cobbler, pots for cray's man I kinda miss it.

But for cooking Thai the fish I'd like curry em or what ever they need a lot of help to make them ok on the tooth.

Any way cheers matethumbsup.gif

Edited by aussieinthailand

actually the local tackle shops here in Surat Thani have some great lures, was quite surprised. Might have to get some to talk back to Ballina for the mackeral run which should be on when I am there. I was 5 minutes from the river(and beach) so used to do a lot of soft plastic work of an afternoon or morning then get out in the boat when ever the water was good. Always got a feed when we went and the local prawns/muddies were bloody brilliant too, cant wait till I am back for a few weeks.