Man shoots girlfriend for dumping him in Phuket

Lite Beer

Man shoots girlfriend for dumping him in Phuket
Darawan Naknakhon

1442034952_1.jpg

Chinawat was charged with attempted murder.

PHUKET: A 34-year-old woman was taken to hospital with a gun shot wound last night (September 11) after her boyfriend shot her on her hand and under the eye for breaking up with him.

At 7:45pm, the gunman, 24-year-old Chinawat Korsai from Srisoonthon, surrendered to Thalang police with a .38mm Thai pradit pistol and .38 mm bullet shell.

Chinawat told police that he was upset that his girlfriend, Piyapa, broke up with him and told him to pack up and leave.

“We were engaged in a quarrel and I got very mad, so I shot her. I didn't mean to hurt her, I was angry,” Chinawat told police.

Col Boonlert Onklang explained that at 3:30pm Thalang police received a call to investigate the shooting near soi Lipon Hua Harn in Srisoonthon. When the police arrived, rescue workers had already taken the victim, Piyapa Suanbonrae, 34, from Kamphaengphet, to hospital.

Maj Wichoti Meepop arrived at the hospital and questioned the victim about the incident. Piyapa told police that her boyfriend, Chinawat, shot her and fled away.

While police were in the process of looking for Chinawat, he went to the station and handed himself in.

Chinawat was being held at Thalang police station where he was charged with attempted murder and carrying a weapon into a public place without a permit.

Piyapa is in a stable condition and recovering from her injuries.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-shoots-girlfriend-for-dumping-him-in-phuket-54083.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scary idea that this moron was carrying a weapon.

I wonder how many unregistered guns are in circulation.

My message is....don't count on a gentlemans fight ever downhere it is eighter 'wack with a pack' or gunned down.

got very mad, so I shot her. I didn't mean to hurt her,

How can you shoot someone and not mean to hurt them?

Thainess at it's best. Suppress anger until the Rage Genie is let out of the bottle.

Blame Thai society, blame the Rage Genie, but by golly, don't accept responsibility.

"I didn't mean to hurt her." What do you think you were shooting her with? A Nerf gun? A head shot with a .38 is meant to kill.

He'll be out of jail in a year or so, required to report to his parole officer less times in one year than foreign expats.

Yep: Thainess at it's best. Be proud Thailand: Thai are never to be blamed!

As I've said before, Thai male maturity stops at around age 12.

Your being conservative. The average Thai male is raised by his mommy. Not many that I've met have a strong father figure to teach them how to be men. If they are lucky, they go into the military and get their first taste of manhood there. Or they find their way into some other organization that teaches them responsibility and discipline, like Muay Thai, or being raised as a young monk in a monastery. Barring military experience, or crossing paths with another Thai male that does have discipline, most never mature. Mommy (Mae) never insists that their child become responsible. Mommy takes care of all of that. And once in school, doting female teachers pick up where mommy leave off. They are physically men, but mentally? Don't kid yourself, this is a strong matriarchal society at the level of family and school. The illusion of Thai masculinity is just that: an illusion for most. Hence, it's difficult for them to accept responsibility, no less exert personal discipline. This may sound like I'm painting with a broad brush, but I've lived directly in the Thai community for quite a long time. I've never 'lived' in farang communities; I've lived in strictly Thai community since coming here. So, speaking from experience, not some preconceived notion.

I once briefly dated a Thai teacher, and she told me, matter of factly and with a little shrug, that almost every Thai man that she knew had a gun, and almost always had it on him or with him as well. And this teacher was a nice middle-class lady, with nice middle-class friends. It really made me wonder how many guns are out there in Thailand. And I've been very careful ever since not to piss off any Thai guy in any way.

Also interesting to note that she is 34 and he is 10 years younger. I know one boy here 17 yers of age and his g/f is also 34. This strengthens the notion of a maternal society. The boys want to be mothered and in most case the women enjoy this power. ffed up society, if you ask me.

My message is....don't count on a gentlemans fight ever downhere it is eighter 'wack with a pack' or gunned down.

Careful now - you might wake up the Gun Lobby here. They will tell you that if the girlfriend had legally owned an assault rifle (and carried it around with her) he would not have dared...so it is really her own fault for not protecting herself.

Careful now - you might wake up the Gun Lobby here. They will tell you that if the girlfriend had legally owned an assault rifle (and carried it around with her) he would not have dared...so it is really her own fault for not protecting herself.

Forget the snidy about the gun lobby; you saying she bears no responsibility just because she is the victim ? She knew about his temper and his gun yet she kept at him. She knew what she should be expecting when she got him that wound up. She could have tried to cool thing down before they got out of hand.

Forget the snidy about the gun lobby; you saying she bears no responsibility just because she is the victim ? She knew about his temper and his gun yet she kept at him. She knew what she should be expecting when she got him that wound up. She could have tried to cool thing down before they got out of hand.
That exactly the attitude of a woman beater to justify their actions... "why did you make me hurt you" Edited by kmj