Frenchman among 10 drug arrests by Kathu Police this weekend

Lite Beer

I do not condone the use of the drug(s) ...but seriously folks .....I grow so weary of the authorities slapping themselves on the back for their supposed high level of police acumen when they bust the small time end users while the real criminals are never apprehended.

This is the best they can do???

I wonder why that is ...I really do wonder why??

Please enlighten me ...without all the usual excuses please, as to why the police go after all the nobodies and tourists and small time operators.

Cheers

I never understood why foreigners visit Thailand to abuse drugs. They know the laws, and still risk it.

My guess is that they have run out of money and don't want to go home so they become desperate and start to sell drugs. It's never going to end well, you'd think they would realize that.

I do not condone the use of the drug(s) ...but seriously folks .....I grow so weary of the authorities slapping themselves on the back for their supposed high level of police acumen when they bust the small time end users while the real criminals are never apprehended.

Please enlighten me ...without all the usual excuses please, as to why the police go after all the nobodies and tourists and small time operators.

Cheers

Drugs being illegal = government jobs. Not sure how it would go in Thai, but if you decriminalized them tomorrow in the USA, it would collapse "instantly".

Cheers

Drugs being illegal = government jobs. Not sure how it would go in Thai, but if you decriminalized them tomorrow in the USA, it would collapse "instantly".

Yes...that is part of what evolves and develops.....job creation and significant Government based revenues generated relative to enforcing the drug laws.

Recreational drug use and consumption is a subject matter that I have been studying for over 30 years...just out of interest.

I think the percent of people who do consume the various and numerous kinds of recreational drugs are foolish while most people would agree .....but ......there will always be a percent of drug consuming thrill seekers amongst the mass of people who do not consume those same drugs.

That being the case, while it is a serious concern to everyone because of all the known and understood social ramifications the governments around the world have to develop a somewhat different approach to how they deal with the supply and consumption of recreational purpose drugs consumed for the sole purpose of intoxication.

First thing they have to do is decriminalize the use of the drugs.

Each country has to realize that the criminalization of the drug use and the drug users themselves has far more negative effects, in the long run , than having to deal with a percentage of the people that will consume the drugs and continue to do so whether they be legally obtained or illegally obtained.

Similar to alcohol in the sense that making alcohol illegal simply does not stop people from obtaining the product while the supply end of it also becomes a criminal enterprise when the product is deemed illegal and strictly enforced.

As long as the supply and use of the drugs are criminalized then there will be an abundance of law breaking ( and it will never stop ) relative to the suppliers who are in it for the profits and obviously more than willing to supply the goods regardless of the laws or ramifications or implications of what they supply to the public while the laws do not stop a growing percent of the people who desire to try the drugs and or continue to use the drugs.

The drug consumption party hardy thrill seeking culture is here to stay and will only grow larger and more omnipresent in the future.

That being the case the governments around the world are going to have their hands full , so to speak, all the more so trying to enforce laws that do not stop entrepreneurs from supplying a product that has a large consumer demand while the consumers will continue to ignore the laws and have their fun and thrills ...no matter what the consequences.

That being the case then Governments around the world seriously have to start rethinking their policies on recreational drug supply and consumption.

Cheers