If You Could Buy Any Pickup Right Now What Would It Be?

FruitPudding

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been well and truly highjacked.

I suggest that a certain member with certain Toyota issues should START HIS OWN THREAD instead of repeatedly derailing this one.

Sheesh... and I don't even like the bloody things.

Well said, the only decent Toyota's in my view were some of the 70's and early 80's models, not the ugly modern stuff, totally uninterested in the later year blobs

Can someone shoot the Toyota interior design team please?

I spent time in a number of their wonderful vehicles over the weekend and was overwhelmed by cheap plastic and dreadful design. Utterly, utterly crap.

While their at it, the suspension team need lining up against a wall too, unless you like poorly controlled, crashy rides, then they're forgiven. Total shitboxes.

I spent time in a number of their wonderful vehicles over the weekend and was overwhelmed by cheap plastic and dreadful design. Utterly, utterly crap.

While their at it, the suspension team need lining up against a wall too, unless you like poorly controlled, crashy rides, then they're forgiven. Total shitboxes.

Did you put them through their paces....?

'Pace/Paces' is perhaps the wrong word.

At least their owners are happy twice a year when they have to go for servicing, otherwise Toyota are so far off the pace of the competition, it just shows how thick most people are.

It says something when more than one Toyota owner is shocked that a pickup can be more refined than a 'modern' saloon car.

At least their owners are happy twice a year when they have to go for servicing, otherwise Toyota are so far off the pace of the competition, it just shows how thick most people are.

It says something when more than one Toyota owner is shocked that a pickup can be more refined than a 'modern' saloon car.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, looking at it from a LOS guys point of view......They don't give a DELETED about Ford stuff............Gizmos mean nothing, relaxed attitude to servicing does...That is why Toyota and Isuzu in the minds of LOS folk is paramount....

I am talking about LOS market and users.........smile.png

Here is a great 8 way comparison of pickup trucks in Oz from late last year, it appears we have more well rounded automotive knowledge than LOS , simply saying Toyota is no.1 without providing evidence to back it up. Most of the articles i have read on the new Ford Ranger (PX Mk2) indicate is ahead of its competitors when it comes to steering, engine and drive-train, suspension and ride, comfort and safety.

if you want to read a great comprehensive report on which pickup may suit you best, then see below: or just follow the blind sheep and buy a Toyota because everyone else does:)

http://www.caradvice.com.au/388419/ute-comparison-ford-ranger-v-holden-colorado-v-isuzu-d-max-v-mazda-bt-50-v-mitsubishi-triton-v-nissan-navara-v-toyota-hilux-v-volkswagen-amarok-2/

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, looking at it from a LOS guys point of view......They don't give a DELETED about Ford stuff............Gizmos mean nothing, relaxed attitude to servicing does...That is why Toyota and Isuzu in the minds of LOS folk is paramount....

I have lived in Thailand for 15 years and have seen a gradual awakening. Thais are beginning to want to own better 'stuff'. You can see it in the sales figures over the last decade too. Turdota are rightfully shrinking and other companies are gradually increasing their market share.

Oh. I never once mentioned ford, but even you know who makes the best vehicles in thailand - says it all...

I like the look of the ford, but I am from the USA and have owned many rangers. They are just plain crap. I know first hand what an inferior product the ford is. I would buy a dmax, they hold there value and are superior vehicles. Toyota would be my second choice, they are very dependable.

The Fords here are not American crap. The Dmax is inferior as is Toyota unless resale is your only criteria when buying a vehicle.

Dmax and the REVO are inferior?!! What are you talking about? Both are the second and first most popular, respectively, in the pickup category and for good reason. The REVO is all-new, having come out just 9 months ago and features hill start assist, an all-new interior, 7-airbags (a first for a Thai-built car for the domestic market), 10-inch DVD screen, reverse camera and even a standard plug for electrical appliances in the centre console. The D-MAX V-Cross is almost as good just that it's a little older (it's based on the 2012 model that replaced the previous one). The new facelift in Nov 2015 was just a minor change, however, so there are still only 2 airbags, you still only get the same 7-inch screen but you do get a reverse camera.

Ford on the other hand, while not exactly crap DON'T even have a reverse camera and cost a whole lot more than the competition to boot. Now remind me, how are they superior?

I like the look of the ford, but I am from the USA and have owned many rangers. They are just plain crap. I know first hand what an inferior product the ford is. I would buy a dmax, they hold there value and are superior vehicles. Toyota would be my second choice, they are very dependable.

The Fords here are not American crap. The Dmax is inferior as is Toyota unless resale is your only criteria when buying a vehicle.

Dmax and the REVO are inferior?!! What are you talking about? Both are the second and first most popular, respectively, in the pickup category and for good reason. The REVO is all-new, having come out just 9 months ago and features hill start assist, an all-new interior, 7-airbags (a first for a Thai-built car for the domestic market), 10-inch DVD screen, reverse camera and even a standard plug for electrical appliances in the centre console. The D-MAX V-Cross is almost as good just that it's a little older (it's based on the 2012 model that replaced the previous one). The new facelift in Nov 2015 was just a minor change, however, so there are still only 2 airbags, you still only get the same 7-inch screen but you do get a reverse camera.

Ford on the other hand, while not exactly crap DON'T even have a reverse camera and cost a whole lot more than the competition to boot. Now remind me, how are they super

OK you asked so i will try and explain:

Compare the mid range Ford XLT 2.2/Auto V the Toyota Revo Prerunner 2.4 E Auto

Ford comes in at 869,000, the Toyota at 895,000

Ford has EPAS, Toyota doesn't, which means the Ford steering is lighter and easier to handle in city traffic and parking situations/roundabouts

Ford's 2.2 turbo diesel makes 160Hp Toyota 2.4 makes 150Hp

Ford has cruise control/6 speakers/sync voice recognition standard on the XLT, Toyota has no cruise control/4 speakers/no voice recognition

Ford has leather encased steering wheel and leather gearshift surround, Toyota has plastic

Most car comparisons i have read in Australia put the Ford ahead of all its competitors based on road holding/comfort//ride compliance/steering/noise insulation/

technology

Aussies are bit more practical and sensible when it comes to selecting a car, we are not brand biased like Thais.

I thought most Aussies buy Turds too?

Without sounding racist its the Asian Aussies that buy Toyota:)

Again i believe the majority of Asians are brand biased and dont really do their research before purchasing a car.

Ford Ranger is the current no.1 selling pickup in Oz

Again i believe the majority of Asians are brand biased and dont really do their research before purchasing a car.

I've seen a lot of chatter on Aussie forums where there's still a lot of ignorance about with people saying that Turdota are still the best despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I've seen a lot of chatter on Aussie forums where there's still a lot of ignorance about with people saying that Turdota are still the best despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

It's called bias, something that affects a lot of people.

Gizmos mean nothing, relaxed attitude to servicing does...That is why Toyota and Isuzu in the minds of LOS folk is paramount....

Ha HA

You are funny guys.

Just can Bla bla

When i ask you where i can fixed problem in my Toyota you tell me i must do it my self( find out some guys)biggrin.png

where you see have service in Thailand Toyota?facepalm.gif

Show me....

they can not inflate tires with equal pressure. about painting, I generally keep quiet. Maybe you do not have (forgotten) real service.

biggrin.png

I dealt with Nissan, Toyota, Ford, Mazda and Isuzu. Value for the baht was a big consideration. Mazda looked to be the best value but I couldn't get past the looks. The closest I got to Mitsubishi was to drive past the dealer. It may be a good truck but in my eyes, it is much uglier than the Mazda. Nissan and Mazda for some crazy reason saw fit to put raised bumps on both sides of their hoods. I felt like the bumps limited my vision. The Ford and Toyota dealers treated me like a tire kicker and they were both stingy with little extras. Their prices were the least value for the baht. The Ford dealer actually irritated me. Isuzu didn't quibble over the little extras and they gave me a good discount. I got my V-Cross top of the line Prestige model out the door for 844,400 baht. That included the first year first class insurance and the small extras. So far I'm very happy with it. I was serious about the Toyota because they had exactly what I wanted, a two door white 4X4. It lacked a lot of extras and cost more than the loaded Isuzu. I had to order the Isuzu two door 4X4.