Which are the best restaurants in soi Buokaew /soi LK

wileycoyote

Pattinis on Soi Buakhao is always good, Please keep in Mind "Cherry's" is a more upscale place an actual restaurant where most places in and around Soi Buakhao and LK metro are more like a typical diner / coffee shop. Cherry's Buffet nightly price is always close to 300 Baht or more, Where as you won't find many places priced nearly that high elsewhere in the area.

Soi Chiayaphum has Seaside and Nee Roys, both Cheap and good.

Soi LengKee Has Steak and Co, which does a nice job, Comparable to Beefeater.

Pattinis on Soi Buakhao is nice, good service, air con and a good menu, I go for the fish and chips on Fridays and its a nice plate full for 159 baht.

I have never had a meal on Soi L.K. Metro , as you don't normally see places to eat. I'am told that Kilkineys does nice food. Irish Rovers did , but they have changed ownership so i cant comment.

There are a few others in the immediate area that other might recommend, But I live in the area and I will not suggest a place unless it maintains a good quality of food and service.

Good Luck

The Place Israeli restaurant does a great chicken soup (with spicy side add ins) and hummus in many styles. Large Israeli menu including some more exotic examples of it but no falafel. Peckers checked for circumcision at the door.

Am I kidding? You won't know until you go.

"The Loaf" on Soi Len Kee (Just behind the 7-11 on the corner of Buakhow)) has great wood fired pizzas, a nice breakfast and the best pastries I have had in Pattaya.

I haven't tied other menu items because I always have the pizza. Closing around 8pm during low season.

"New York Pizza" on 3rd Rd.opposite the 3rd. rd. end of Soi Len Kee, next to "Boxing Roo" has excellent New York style pizza as well as many other Italian items...good stuff!! Opens about 3pm.

The Place Israeli restaurant does a great chicken soup (with spicy side add ins) and hummus in many styles. Large Israeli menu including some more exotic examples of it but no falafel.

Never been there. What are the prices like?

What is the main difference (if any) between Israeli and Palestinian and Lebanese food? The places I have tried of those types seemed to do very similar things, though sometimes with different names.

Israel is a country in the Middle East so Middle East style food dominates the food there. Obviously with style variations. There are a lot of influences on Israeli food other than the immediate bordering neighbors, for example Yemen and Morocco. Just go and I'm sure you will easily see some differences. Prices are moderate. Sets are offered in the 200 baht level for main dish (protein and starch), Israeli salad, pita, and an excellent distinctive spicy dipping sauce. I think the hummus is quite good there but the price for that will seem high compared to street stalls. I suppose one surprising thing about mainstream Israeli food is the lack of influence from Eastern Europe. Nothing like Carnegie Deli!

To add, this is not a religious or Kosher restaurant. It's a typical Pattaya fun town place with a different kind of food. I think there is Thai food as well, wink wink nod nod.

Israel is a country in the Middle East so Middle East style food dominates the food there. Obviously with style variations. There are a lot of influences on Israeli food other than the immediate bordering neighbors, for example Yemen and Morocco. Just go and I'm sure you will easily see some differences. Prices are moderate. Sets are offered in the 200 baht level for main dish (protein and starch), Israeli salad, pita, and an excellent distinctive spicy dipping sauce.

Pretty much what I thought. I like that sort of thing and I shall certainly try it.

By the way, I'm sure you didn't mean to write Morocco which is a hell of a long way from Israel and which does standard North African food with a touch of colonial French cuisine. Did you mean Egypt?

I clearly meant that Yemen and Morocco are NOT bordering countries to Israel BUT that you will find food influenced from those and other non-bordering countries in the cuisine of Israel. That is because the majority of Israeli Jews have origins in the middle east and also North Africa.

Again, I meant Yemen and Morocco as examples of nations that DO NOT border Israel.

Nitpicking about poor spelling and sentence structure is not cool here especially when the meaning was TOTALLY OBVIOUS in context.

The context was asking about whether Israeli food was exactly the same as bordering countries. Again, no it's not, but it's similar and also has OTHER influences from non-bordering countries due to different immigration demographics.

Here is an example of that in the USA.

Sriracha chili sauce (made in the USA) is all the rage in the USA, a food originally associated with Thailand, but popularized by a Vietnamese American business. Immigration changes cuisines, bordering nations or not.

Archived